gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 07:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  another rider down
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: another rider down  (Read 1277 times)

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
another rider down
« on: October 07, 2008, 11:04 AM »
best wishes mikey

http://bmx. transworld. net/2008/10/06/5050-bmx-sets-up-mike-aitken-fund/

Recently, Mike Aitken and Mike Szcesney traveled out to PA to have a weeks worth of riding at the infamous Posh trails. Szcesney had a rough one from the get go, and came home early with a bruised kidney. Then Aitken over-rotated a 360 and hit his head pretty bad, and it is believed he had a seizure when he initially went down. He's currently in the hospital and is being watched closely by the doctors. He is on assisted breathing and the doctors are giving him medication for the pain and they are medicating him to keep him unconscious for the time being. He currently has movement in his right leg and arm but only when pain induced, his left side is responding normally. The doctors say that this is fairly normal for an injury of this type and are hopeful for his recovery.

Also, please hold all calls and text messages to Mike and his wife. Please leave any comments for Mike and his family in the blog comments or emails.

We will have a donations banner set up later today for Mike and his family, so check back with us.

Thank you so much.

5050 Family.

You can also go to any Wells Fargo Bank in Utah and Make a Donation to the Mike Aitken Donation fund.
Thanks for your support!

Thank you!
Kimarie
myspace. com/murraystrong

dialledbikes

Re: another rider down
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 02:57 PM »
Aitken is rad.  Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

magna13

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 03:13 PM »
shame to hear about both of them. :(

lodge

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 11:06 PM »
Thats horrific news,he's riding speaks for itself but he always comes across as a really nice chilled fella and a big family man.

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Sean 2000

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2008, 12:24 AM »
Aaaah man, not another one.  :(

Get well soon mike, stay strong.

Sean.

rarman1

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2008, 12:34 AM »
sad news,

hope he makes a full recovery,

best wishes Mike,
rob

lodge

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Apparantly he has no medical insurance as he was unable to get cover due to his profession.

evamedia

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2008, 08:12 AM »
Apparantly he has no medical insurance as he was unable to get cover due to his profession.

I think that's bollocks, MX riders have insurance, it might not be financially viable to buy insurance, but someone would cover him. Haven't Levi's just announced they are covering their BMX team for medical insurance?

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2008, 08:19 AM »
I kinda didn’t want to ask this cos until Mike is better it is totally irrelevant, but was he wearing a helmet?

I know that about a year ago Gary Young hit his head real bad. He was OK but had some brain operations and he had to pay loads for them. Now you wont see him without a helmet on. Does everyone have to learn the hard way?

(Like I said, I mean this with no dis-respect to Mike. I wish him all the best)

Incase anyone needs to be reminded, Mike totally rules!

http://www.fitbikeco.com/webvids.html

evamedia

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2008, 08:31 AM »
I expect he wasn't wearing a helmet riding at POSH, filming for Anthem 2, only seen him wear a helmet in competition.

I hardly wore a lid when I was a kid, only wore one on vert and trails in the 90's , always wear one now.

Bushwacked

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2008, 08:33 AM »
Alex, I'm with you on this one - I asked the same Q in another thread about Mike - damn sad news and I hope he's back riding soon - but it does really concern me that it seems "fashionable" not to wear a helmet. Look in every mag and no one seems to wear helmets and is riding some crazy sh!t.

I hit the deck quite hard on Tuesday and badly pulled my neck when my head bounced on the resi hard, but if I'd not had a helment on I dread to think what'd be hurting today!!  :-\

RADHAB

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2008, 01:56 PM »

I hardly wore a lid when I was a kid, .

FFS how evident is that now!!!!

Get well soon Mike and best wishes to the fam.

evamedia

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2008, 01:58 PM »

I hardly wore a lid when I was a kid, .

FFS how evident is that now!!!!

:LolLolLolLol:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2008, 10:04 PM »
Very sad news but I TOTALLY agree on the helmet thing!

Even if he was wearing a helmet it was probably a placky pi$$ pot. When you go as rad as these guys do you really need to wear a full face lid. They should make it compulsory in comps now! Trouble is it's not gonna happen until someone ends up dead but then as always it'll be too late!

I hope he makes a full recovery and real soon.

Daz.
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

jedi

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2008, 10:26 PM »
he had a lid on bt not full face.twas not a comp

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 01:34 AM »
 yeah its crazy the riders nowadays don't often wear helmets, especially when the cost of medical bills in the US is high. i just don't understand it.. mind you i don't wear my jeans half way down my arse while they do.
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  another rider down

gfxgfx
gfx gfx