gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 07:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  craig campbell &neil ruffell were are they!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: craig campbell &neil ruffell were are they!  (Read 5373 times)

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
Re: craig campbell &neil ruffell were are they!
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 09:53 PM »
its a job i feel for orb or tricky dicky, as me and bill are computer illiterate.....them two are eletronic nerds

Dave
haro, how do you do

coasterbrake

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 10:01 PM »
I can scan a load of stuff and send it to whoever... Got any Anarchic Adjustment stickers?

puss in boots

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 09:39 AM »
Do you mean the kos 84 at Rom, or the koc at Southsea in 85, I`m hoping its the 84 at Rom if its got Marco Lara and Charlie in as I`d love a copy of that Simon  :daumenhoch:

It was still Kos in 85 at Southsea Bill, the first KOC was 88.
you are indeed correct  radhab!!!! coz my hubby won kos in 85!!!!  ;) still need that video  ;)

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 11:24 AM »
I say chaps,  sorry to butt in....   Coasterbrake - are you Mr Kefford by any chance?

This is a bit like playing "Through the keyhole...."
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

puss in boots

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 11:35 AM »
that sounds like some dirty old perv spying!!!

andy irwin

« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006, 06:40 PM »
Thanks Andy - yeah the pool was at the Swallow Hotel Carlisle. In the pic are Ruffell, Campbell, Preston, Hawkins (he would be in the pool with the boys eh.. eh), Jess D, Mr Hudson, Mr Winder

Hey I remember you having us in stitches on the Train going up to Carlisle or was it Newcastle. Some guy sitting in your seat wouldn't move - so as I remember you sat on his table cross legged facing him flicking his copy of the Times "get out of my seat you 'kin muppet" were the words you used. Anyway he as I remember neither of you would move the whole journey. Then there was the story of you on the GT tour in Belfast.... another day.
Yeah mate I was  a little bit hyper bitd but you will be pleased to know I calmed down a lot after a spell in the RAF. I dont remember the train incident but I was doing that many stupid things I cant remember them all . I do remember standing on top of the lift at the Swallow hotel (pretty stupid) but it seemed like fun at the time. Are you still bmxing ? I do when I can find time but going through a busy time at the moment with work . 

Andy

coasterbrake

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2006, 11:07 AM »
I say chaps,  sorry to butt in....   Coasterbrake - are you Mr Kefford by any chance?

This is a bit like playing "Through the keyhole...."

Yep thats me - and you be Ross Marshall? Good Game - Good Game...

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2006, 11:18 AM »
 Ha ha Yes . I'm not the Ross Marshall from Nottingham though. I shared the same name as him. I neiver reached the bigtime.   I was crap on a bike then... and even worse now ;)

coasterbrake

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2006, 11:19 AM »
Thanks Andy - yeah the pool was at the Swallow Hotel Carlisle. In the pic are Ruffell, Campbell, Preston, Hawkins (he would be in the pool with the boys eh.. eh), Jess D, Mr Hudson, Mr Winder

Hey I remember you having us in stitches on the Train going up to Carlisle or was it Newcastle. Some guy sitting in your seat wouldn't move - so as I remember you sat on his table cross legged facing him flicking his copy of the Times "get out of my seat you 'kin muppet" were the words you used. Anyway he as I remember neither of you would move the whole journey. Then there was the story of you on the GT tour in Belfast.... another day.
Yeah mate I was  a little bit hyper bitd but you will be pleased to know I calmed down a lot after a spell in the RAF. I dont remember the train incident but I was doing that many stupid things I cant remember them all . I do remember standing on top of the lift at the Swallow hotel (pretty stupid) but it seemed like fun at the time. Are you still bmxing ? I do when I can find time but going through a busy time at the moment with work . 

Andy

I remember the riding on top of the lifts at Swallow - do remember the evening meal times - chaos!
I still ride as much as I can - sometimes months without looking at my bike, then I binge for a while just to back up to a reasonably confident level. Then I stop, and have to start all over agian next time. Still love though - its as if the last 20 years never happened. It was easier to progress when you had no responsibilty to others.
I still find it amazing what a profound effect those little bikes have had on so many lives...
Its good to hear you are well. Si
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 06:20 PM by billstup »

coasterbrake

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2006, 11:22 AM »
Am I supposed to believe that. If so - what a coincidence. I could send you a copy of the other Ross's UKBFA licence and you could steal his BMX I.D. then hit the Big Time in the soon to be X-Games XII Masterclass...

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2006, 11:56 AM »
Am I supposed to believe that. If so - what a coincidence. I could send you a copy of the other Ross's UKBFA licence and you could steal his BMX I.D. then hit the Big Time in the soon to be X-Games XII Masterclass...

ha ha If you can be bothered, you can look through them all, and there will be two Ross Marshall's with UKBFA licenses.   If I rememeber right, he has a blonde skinhead with a tuft at the front.   In retrosepct, i wish my parents  named me Dennis mcCoy ;D

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006, 03:38 PM »
Simon,  my name is Rob Steele....  We did a couple of demos together way back when.... Last time we met was on the Isle of Wight, I delivered some ramps to you on behalf of Fearless Ramps.  We had a long chat about Mclaren, you gave me a couple of keepsakes to pass on to my F1 mad mate.

Hows things?  :)

coasterbrake

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2006, 06:51 PM »

ha ha If you can be bothered, you can look through them all, and there will be two Ross Marshall's with UKBFA licenses.   If I rememeber right, he has a blonde skinhead with a tuft at the front.   In retrosepct, i wish my parents  named me Dennis mcCoy ;D

Hey sorry for the mistake - the real mccoy

coasterbrake

« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2006, 06:55 PM »
Simon,  my name is Rob Steele....  We did a couple of demos together way back when.... Last time we met was on the Isle of Wight, I delivered some ramps to you on behalf of Fearless Ramps.  We had a long chat about Mclaren, you gave me a couple of keepsakes to pass on to my F1 mad mate.

Hows things?  :)

Good thanks Rob - yeah I got shafted on that project on the Isle of Wight, shame. Good to hear from you hope youre well. Are you doing the ramps?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2006, 07:08 PM »
I'm not bad mate, been through the ringer a bit since i saw you last, but riding all the time and loving it  :)  I don't work for Fearless anymore, I jumped ship back in 2000. I work now as a building site supervisor.  Are you coming to Skaterham on the 18th Feb?  :)

coasterbrake

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2006, 08:14 PM »
Caterham - I'd love to but I doubt it...

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2006, 08:18 PM »

You`d be more than welcome to join us Si, you don`t have to ride, you can come and just have a chat, or is it abit too far away ?

Billy
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

coasterbrake

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2006, 06:32 PM »

You`d be more than welcome to join us Si, you don`t have to ride, you can come and just have a chat, or is it abit too far away ?

Billy

I'll do my best to get there. I'd love to see y'all. Its just I live on the Isle of Wight so I will have to have the day off and pay the ferry-man which is a rip-off.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2006, 07:23 PM »
Well we`ll be having a meet at Southsea sometime this spring or summer, you`ll still have to use the ferry unless your a good swimmer, but it`s a bit closer  so perhaps we`ll see you there  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

coasterbrake

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2006, 08:10 PM »
Well we`ll be having a meet at Southsea sometime this spring or summer, you`ll still have to use the ferry unless your a good swimmer, but it`s a bit closer  so perhaps we`ll see you there  :daumenhoch:

Yeah that'll be nice.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Si..  Thats Eddie Kidds bridge jump in your avatar isn't it?

coasterbrake

« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Si..  Thats Eddie Kidds bridge jump in your avatar isn't it?

Yeah thats right - he was balls out in his day. Did you ever see the film he was in? The book was called Heavy Metal but I cant remember the name of the film. He did the jump in it...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2006, 07:13 PM »
I did see that film. I followed his career quite closely for a while.  I also can't remember the film name, but his arch rival in it was called Judas S. Chariot if I recall correctly.... :D

The Great Wall of China jump was knarly. He had no sighting of the landing area until he had peaked the jump.... :o :o

Flaz

« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2006, 09:02 PM »
that bridge is at maldon essex about 5 miles from where i live that was a long jump in its day with the bikes they had then (they would back flip it now one handed  :idiot2: )

puss in boots

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2006, 09:29 PM »

Billy

I'll do my best to get there. I'd love to see y'all. Its just I live on the Isle of Wight so I will have to have the day off and pay the ferry-man which is a rip-off.

my hubby is going from gosport sure he wont mind if you want a lift!!!!  ;)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  craig campbell &neil ruffell were are they!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx