gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Newbie needs help finishing a Redline PL24 restoration
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Newbie needs help finishing a Redline PL24 restoration  (Read 455 times)

malc50

Newbie needs help finishing a Redline PL24 restoration
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:11 PM »
Hi  Guys

Need some help and advice please.  I have bought a restored redline PL24 1994 ish .  Want to go riding with the kids !!

I have a few things to finish off and a few problems to over come......

1 - Redline fight dual pinch, crank,  the spindle has the end bolts missing.  They were given to me but i think they are new and the wrong size / pitch as they lock up when half way in.  Does anyone know the size I need and where I can buy them from?

2 - Redline Stem, not sure the model has 6 bolts holding the top on and 3 holding the stem to the fork top.  The top bolts seem a bit short and I am missing one.  I know its a bit of a silly question without seeing it but just incase there is only one stem like this, maybe ??   Again I need to know where to try and buy them from?

3- Brakes, at this point I have 2 mx 2 finger brake levers and thats it.  I need to know what callipars to buy and from where.  The frame has 2 bosses at the back for the rear brake and the forks have a hole in the centre for the front.  I need everything bar the levers.... Again what and where do I buy these?

4 - The bike has 24" black skyways fitted  :smitten:  but the rear tyre runs very close to the frame which is not made any easier because I can't stop the rear wheel moving, it keeps slipping in the drop outs.  Is there a trick to stop this happening??

I know some of these questions might be tough to answer but I really would appreciate any help you can give me.  When i work out how to post pics I put some up, it might make it a bit easier.

Thks  Malc  :)

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: Newbie needs help finishing a Redline PL24 restoration
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Question 1- Do the bolts start off easy, can you wind them all the way in when the spindle is out of the frame, might be a spacer issue, try halfords for new ones take the spindle with you.
Question 2- Any bike shop should be able to help with this
Question 3- Sounds like the back is set up for V brakes so you levers will probably be no good.
Question 4- Chain tensioners

Photo's normally need to be loaded onto photo bucket first.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Newbie needs help finishing a Redline PL24 restoration

gfxgfx
gfx gfx