gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Anyone remember Team Rapid?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Anyone remember Team Rapid?  (Read 683 times)

Rooonga

Anyone remember Team Rapid?
« on: October 03, 2008, 02:56 PM »
Just had a flashback, of when i very 1st got a BMX bike.

I was riding around Barking Town Hall - which had a great jump back then, and someone told me team rapid are coming over tonight! He was so excited, I didn't have a clue...

Anyway about an hour later Mick Rivierre, Kevin Riveirre, and Paul someone turned up in their team rapid race jerseys.

We were all so star struck back then!

Can't remember if there were any other members though.

They were sponsored by EG Bates bicycle shop in Plaistow.

Anyone else ever hear of them? (Guess you musta heard of Mike and Kev)

stumpy

Re: Anyone remember Team Rapid?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:29 AM »
I do, i went to school with Mike and Kev, the other guy was Paul Barber as seen in this pic.

I also remember the makeshift 'TRACK' around Barking town hall and the square. Used to have races around there, with couple of guys, Luke, Gary, an a couple of others who lived on the Gascoigne estate.
Guess we may have rode together then
Later Mike an Kev started work in Grimsteads, i followed them, got out of racing an into freestyle.

Stumpy

Rooonga

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:21 PM »
OMG!!

Luke, Gary etc. were my best buds back then!!

We hung around those shops in Gasgoine estate for years.

That was the place I 1st got called Rooonga - and was shown how to spell it LOL

Blimey - we musta hung around together for a bit.

Do you remember Gary's little brother Kenny? (Ended up sponsored byKuwahara)

stumpy

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 09:38 PM »
Ha ha, small world init, yeah remember them, still see any of them? I would've been on my black mongoose as in my profile pic, used to come there with a kid on a supergoose, Kevin Lucas, we eventually became Grimsteads Trick team as we both turned to freestyle! Also came to barking 'track' with Martin Jose, Alex Hennesey and a few others..

Stumpy

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Anyone remember Team Rapid?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx