gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 03:48 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Is it just me?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Is it just me?  (Read 3387 times)

dialledbikes

Is it just me?
« on: September 29, 2008, 09:39 AM »
Now, at the risk of sounding like a complete fooking wet back, I've got to ask, does anyone else out there get "emotional" at the presentations for the big races like yesterday?

Just seeing the kids going up, feeling so proud and getting their trophies; when people you know have had trials and tribulations but have waded through all the shit that life has thrown at them and emerged victorious (Matt Humps, Nikki); and people who have put in a lot of hard work in one way or another to make BMX better for everyone (Russ P, Roy Binks).

At the Brits I blubbed like a baby when Kelvin Batey took the stage for his trophy and when Peckham won No.1 team.  And a few tears were shed behind the shades yesterday.

Do I need hormone treatment or should I just man the fook up?!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:09 AM by mike@dialledbikes »

thecrooch

Re: Is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 09:51 AM »
get a grip man.....

but yeah i love all of that...

now snap out of it and go GRRRRRRrrr

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Mike, I think your sentimentalism is spot on.  There are things in life that make us all well up at times, a certain record, something said, a scene from a film, etc.  There's nought wrong with a few man-tears and anyone who says they aren't affected by things in life must have a heart of stone.  It shows you care Mike about people and our fantastic sport.  Humps

wolfybmx

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 10:00 AM »
mike its because your pasionate about the sport. i always get a lump in my throat when i see the little guys do well :'( man hug

kdubbmx

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 02:22 PM »
I think a lot of people feel the same way Mike its just you're the first one brave enough to admit it  ;)

Now just wait til we see Kim & Dom up on a podium again! (i think EVERYONE will be wearing shades that day)

Just shows that the bmx community is one big family.   :smitten:

moomin

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 03:24 PM »
Mike,

Takes a bigger man to admit to this than most realise. :daumenhoch:

When i saw James, Matt and Alan on the podium at Hersden i had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes  :-*

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 03:30 PM »
That was one of my favourite Hersden moments this year without a doubt. :daumenhoch:

kennyhunter6061

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 07:00 PM »
This photo montage (compiled by Stevo) shows exactly why I am involved in running the Titans Club.  I can quite happily allow my own racing to take a back seat, if it means I can help everyone else enjoy their racing, as the photo seems to show.....

hudu

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 10:37 PM »
I managed to clock up 750 miles this weekend for a day at the trails and getting myself down to the Southern Champs at Herne Bay. I took the missus to be down and she got to see the fruits of my labours down there properly in action for the first time. I think she got the lumps in the throat the same as me when she watched the little novices bouncing all over and crashing and getting back up, then walking by later with trophies and big fat grins.

Now, I saw it the last time when we had the first regional down there... So the new lump in my throat came from knowing that place is in safe and dedicated hands with ALL the HB crew. My job's long done...and I even got to race down the first two straights in the No Clips til my lungs burst and legs went molten.

Was good to see everyone again, albeit way too briefly...but I appreciate how busy they get and how hard it is to put a show like that on.

Meh, I'm getting all gay like mike in the first post. So, yeah, in a nutshell Mike, I agree bro.  :)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 10:54 PM »
mike  we're not into racing but freestyle as you know mate but i get this a lot when billy goes full on,

he was back riding this weekend and the claps he gets when he rides is amazing, i feel so proud that a

kid can love this sport so much, on saturday he was airing the big 1/4 ghetto ramp and it seemed like the

whole skatepark stopped to watch, after his slam and just getting back it was a very proud moment :)
For powder coating drop me a pm

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2008, 12:15 AM »
Glad to know it's not just me that's the big softy.

Guess I've always been the sensitive type but recently things seem to tug on the heart strings that bit more - Stephen Murray, Ross Hill, my No.1 team rider Ben Forwood's brain tumour, Mrs Humps passing away, Ratty's health scare, Kelvin's turmoil, Kim & Dom Bent's baby, etc.  Just so much shit for a small community/family to handle.  We feel each others' pain.

But the flipside is we also share each other's joy when our kids, friends and loved ones experience the maximum high that BMX can bring.

cantride

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 09:36 PM »
Mike - your last post has made me well up and i am new to the bmx community.

jazzyje

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2008, 09:18 AM »
i get emotional all the time mike.you want to try giving your own son a trophy.when he won riders rider i thought i was going to sob like woman.i get as much pleasure out of organising hersden as i do riding, and knowing you've put a smile on a kids face is great.gave a rider of the day award to a kid whose dad hanged himself a few days before.that was emotional.take a look at this pic,this always puts a lump in my throat.the money that was raised for cancer research and the dignified way the humps conducted themselves after their tragic loss does it too.while the nasty things make us think,bmx brings us together and helps us all in so many ways.

dialledbikes

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Great pic Justin.  You guys do a brilliant job down at Hersden.

magna13

« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 04:17 PM »
Got To Admit I Have Lost My Rag At Meetings... Many Of Times!! I Was Racing Bath Track On The 28th And On The Last Race Someone Took My Front Out. Luckily Everyone Went Down So I Didnt Loose A Position... I Didnt See It Like That When I Got Back To Mum And Dad...  >:(

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Is it just me?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx