gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 08:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Now the novice night is over ???
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Now the novice night is over ???  (Read 332 times)

Linus27

Now the novice night is over ???
« on: September 30, 2008, 06:50 PM »
So we all had fun at the novice night. What did you learn on the night, what do you still want to learn and where do you want to be with your riding?

For me, I wanted to nail some basics. I wanted to learn to ride out of the ramp and ride back in. Jedi taught me both of these but I still don't feel fully happy with the riding out part. I get to the coping, ride out but land on my feet. Nothing wrong with that but I would like to ride straight out and land on the wheels with both feet still on the pedals. Once this is mastered then it can lead me onto lots of other things. The riding in is no problem and was in fact a lot less scary than I thought.

Once these two things are fully nailed then I want to nail some more technical tricks. Double Peg Stalls, Double Peg Grinds, Smith, Feeble, Ice Pick, Tooth Pick, Tail Tap and Nose Pick. I can already do very tiny aerials but I would like to at least be comfortable getting maybe a foot or two out of the pipe.

As for where I want to end up then a mix of technical ramp tricks as listed above and flatland. I am not interested in getting big air, big jumps, jumping spines, 540 this and 360 that or vert ramps etc. In the good old days I used to only do flatland and I would like to get some of this back. Combine this with some technical ramps stuff listed above then I will be a very happy bunny.

So anyone else have any achievements and goals, novice or non novice night riders??

evamedia

Re: Now the novice night is over ???
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2008, 08:46 PM »
I wanted to try some 360's , didn't do one

jedi

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 11:56 PM »
i got 360's back tonight at corby with a bit of advice from mr atkins.
got 3 in a row then tore out my ankle  :(

nothings free,you gotta pay your dues  :) )

i want ice,tooth and nose picks and 540 pivot taps

JT71

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 07:18 AM »
well I made the declaration that if I didn't get 50/50 (yes this IS what they are called) stalls and/or grinds then I was packing it in
to start playing golf.

well...I didn't get em...but I'm too young for golf.  :LolLolLolLol:

to be honest I didn't think I learnt anything ont he night but actually I did.

Smith in, okay, I didn't roll up and drop to my peg, i set it up and went in, which was something.

Tried to Smith in properly and nearly got it once but not committed enough and as a result I had to eat ramp.

Carved the vert past the line of the last complete ply board, never been there before....and did a little hop that resulted in quite a lot of
falling before tyres found wood again...scary and nice

Rolling in ramps both ways now not an issue, I can go from either side equally comfortable and proved it to myself Sunday by doing both
way on the concrete at Alan Higgs.

Also managed to pass on my limited knowledge to some other riders and get them progressing.

so all in all a great night was had by me, even if I didn't realise it at the time.

So, progression is there and it's all good.

It rained like mad last night, but the sun is out here now...I reckon the ply at Chacombe might be dry by lunchtime.  :daumenhoch:

next novice night my goals are in/out of ramp consitently without putting feet down.
nothing clever, just getting the basics down.

Guillotte

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 07:23 AM »
Never too young for golf.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 07:33 AM »
it's been so long since i last rode my bike that i'll be learning from scratch..........AGAIN!!  so i'll be happy to just drop in a ramp by the end of the night!  i looked at my bike the other day and thought to myself "fook me, what a waste of a great bike sitting in this cupboard!"  i will deffo get it out and ride more!!   :daumenhoch:

Guillotte

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 07:41 AM »
Your bike fits in a cupboard??

JT71

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 07:46 AM »
it's a big cupboard.

like the one in the lion the witch and the wardrobe.

:LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 08:11 AM »
Your bike fits in a cupboard??

as JT says.........it's one fook off cupboard!  actually it's my store cupboard at work.....it currently holds, My MTB, my new school ride, Hyper Metro race bike and my old Goose Cali bike  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Now the novice night is over ???

gfxgfx
gfx gfx