gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 03:57 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Lee Harrison
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Lee Harrison  (Read 4083 times)

dialledbikes

Lee Harrison
« on: September 28, 2008, 10:30 PM »
Lee took a hard slam in our third moto today.  Got carted off in the ambulance on a stretcher, but seemed in good spirits.

Get well soon buddy and come back stronger next season.  Had some good battles with you this season and always enjoy racing against you.

moomin

Re: Lee Harrison
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Hope all is well mate :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Get well soon Lee, everyone was asking about you today.

Did you see Matts pics, on of them shows you just about to go down. :'(

QuadPaul

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Hope your not to battered Lee, mend up quick Buddy and we'll see you back on the track soon :daumenhoch:

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 10:36 AM »
Not again Lee?

Obviously pushing hard again - heel quick  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2008, 01:58 PM »
I think Lee's crashed 3 times this season (Andover, Bournemouth and now Herne Bay) and I've been in the same moto/final every time!

I hope I'm not Lee's bad juju.

Rooonga

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2008, 02:29 PM »
I think Lee's crashed 3 times this season (Andover, Bournemouth and now Herne Bay) and I've been in the same moto/final every time!

I hope I'm not Lee's bad juju.

Hmmmmmm, thats interesting Mike - and he was 1 place behind you overall in BMX south - coincedence???

;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2008, 02:46 PM »
Hey Paul, I also recall you crashed at Andover and Bournemouth when I was in your moto as well  >:D

Pity no-one crashed in my first or second moto yesterday, then I would've made the A-final (just kidding - wouldn't wish a crash on anyone - not one that caused injury anyway).

Rooonga

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Hey Paul, I also recall you crashed at Andover and Bournemouth when I was in your moto as well  >:D

Now we're getting spooky!!

LOL

Twatty

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2008, 08:25 PM »
Lee's other half texted me today. He has a broken bone in the ball of his foot, but its quite bad and they kept in him in last night while they were making a call on if it needed a plate or not. Lee apparently, I enjoying the morphine!  :)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Wish him all the best Matt  :'(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

kdubbmx

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2008, 08:30 PM »
Sounds nasty, i hope they make the right call & fix it right first time!

Pretty life changing (limping etc) if they dont!!  :'(

moomin

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 08:58 PM »
OMG just figured it out, the nice peep that always says hello and i always forget (and i aint had surgery LOL).

Stay cool hun, Good BAD vibes coming your way babes :smitten: :smitten:

dialledbikes

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 09:09 PM »

Get well soon Lee.

Twatty

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Sent on your wishes to Jess, and just found out, he is waiting for operation tomorrow. Not the best of news,....

dialledbikes

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 09:34 PM »
Send my regards Matt, and tell Lee they have the technology, they can rebuild him!

Hope it doesn't put him off racing.

spillers#1

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Sh*t lee i didn't realise it was that bad  :( just thought you might have a sprained ankle.Get well quick mate  :daumenhoch: wonder if its a brian simpson job?

Just thought not only did lee take the 9.5 plate that i thought i would have got he's now trying to beat me in the crashing stakes  :D

oldmankev

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2008, 09:09 AM »
Gutted for you Lee hope you get fixed up and are riding again
soon, makes you realise how bloody dangerous our sport is.

Twinkle

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2008, 11:54 AM »
OUCH !!!!  Sounds extremely painful....  Hope the operation goes to plan Lee and your back on your feet and your bike soon.

Take care

Matthew, Sharon, Chloe and Nicholas xxxx

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2008, 09:09 PM »
Hope you get well soon mate
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Twatty

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2008, 09:25 PM »
Spoke to Lee tonight. He has actually split the bone that forms your heal clean in half. The docs said they doubted it could have been broken as they have neve heard of anyone breaking it cycling, (until they saw the X Ray). He is getting operated on Wednesday but I did not ask why such a delay.

He seems OK but gutted he wil be off the bike for a fair while getting even more unfit than he felt and Herne Baylast week-end. He had just moved to Brighton so had not trained for weeks, as busy, with the move and really felt it racing that day. Guess he will have ot get himself up on the South Downs for some hill climb training to get himself back up to speed... I

Matt.

dialledbikes

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2008, 10:05 PM »
Good luck for Wednesday, Lee.  Plenty of time to get fit for next season.

Nil by mouth

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2008, 10:52 AM »
Hello Peeps.

Thanks for all the messages. I ve been off line and in hospital for a while now, got home couple of days ago.

Split my calcaneium in half (heel bone), now I have a plate and eight screws holding the bits in place, excellent. I wont be able to weight bare for another ten weeks, so it looks unlikely that I will be back on a bike until at least January. Luckly I have paid a fortune to go snowboarding in the Rockies this Decemeber.........oh feck it.

see you all next year.
Lee Harrison

Twatty

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2008, 11:15 AM »
Good god. that long in hospital and then another 10 weeks. Thats bad.... How have work taken it? Ill try and pop down to Sunny Brighton perhaps to see you at some point then. Coud have a day trip with the family, so ill be in touch.

Matty....

kdubbmx

« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2008, 11:32 AM »
This is pretty unbelievable Lee, i'm sooooooo gutted for you, dont know what to say really apart from you are very much in our thoughts & we hope you make a complete recovery & get back to enjoying snowboarding & bikes again soon enough

Dont give up mate, these sports make your life so much better (when they dont break you)  :daumenhoch:

Keep the updates coming, hope you can limp along to a track & see all your buddies soon.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  Lee Harrison

gfxgfx
gfx gfx