gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 03:50 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  CHICKSANDS 14/12 Photo's
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: CHICKSANDS 14/12 Photo's  (Read 2153 times)

QuadPaul

CHICKSANDS 14/12 Photo's
« on: December 14, 2008, 07:01 PM »
Awesome day today and an amazing place to ride. :4_17_5:
 here a few pics and vid's I got today (I haven't even watched the vid's yet so apologies if they are rubbish!)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Re: CHICKSANDS 14/12 Photo's
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 07:03 PM »
Nice.......... Is that Miles Kirby pushing a bike in one of the photos ?????????????

EDIT>>>>>> 8th piccy.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

QuadPaul

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 07:10 PM »
It certainly is the Flying Fox :daumenhoch: He was living up to his name of flying today the speed he was tearing down the 4X course

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:38 PM »
Great day today at Chicky.  Was like "spot the BMXer" with the usual suspects, Keith Wilson, Billy Stupple, Miles Kirby, Paul Bennett, but a few new faces in Paul Coleman, George "Relentless" Roth, Dave Godfrey and the legend that is Geth Shooter (a pleasure to meet up with him again as I apparantly met him at Cheddar a few years ago). 

Billy Stupple tried his best to kill himself as usual with some mental jumps and how he walked away after stacking doing the drop-off on the free-ride area will be a mystery to us all!!  There will be other sessions soon so dig out your springy-thingys and join us or do as Miles does and run your cruiser.  My James is hopefully putting together a video of clips taken if he can convert them to edit them in the software we use.  Humps
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:06 PM by Humps00 »

spillers#1

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:44 PM »
You swines i'm gutted  :( looks like a good day today  :daumenhoch: everyone avin it as usual.
Wish i could have played today

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 07:53 PM »
Wish i could have played today
You could have Lee but you're a money-grabbing self-employed lift-fitter who just loves it at Watermark Place!!  We missed you ........ NOT!!   ;D Humps

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 08:11 PM »
There`s nothing better than riding with your friends, another quality day with the lads  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 08:35 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

thecrooch

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 08:33 PM »
looks like you all had a blast, sorry i missed it....

Defo up for the next one.

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 11:03 PM »
Really wish I could've made it up there today but had to take the old folks to the train station and look after the kids.

Good to see Geth out and about again.  Hope he comes back to racing next season (but not in our class!).

Loving this pic of Bill flying on his new Holeshot.  Gotta admit it makes me proud knowing that one of the guys I used to look at in awe in the mags as a kid is now riding one of my frames.

Billy, is this the middle line of dirt jumps?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 08:58 AM by mike@dialledbikes »

martin1970

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 08:35 AM »
Great pix, I'll be there next time with Tom, looks like a jumpers heaven.
Mad Mart

QuadPaul

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 09:10 AM »
You'd love it there :daumenhoch:

kdubbmx

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2008, 10:39 AM »
Really wish I could've made it up there today but had to take the old folks to the train station and look after the kids.

Good to see Geth out and about again.  Hope he comes back to racing next season (but not in our class!).

Loving this pic of Bill flying on his new Holeshot.  Gotta admit it makes me proud knowing that one of the guys I used to look at in awe in the mags as a kid is now riding one of my frames.

Billy, is this the middle line of dirt jumps?

Yes Mike that is the middle line, Bill rode with his coat flapping to get some extra lift & it worked, smoothed them perfectly, also gave commentry as he was jumping 'oo, aargh, boll*x, oh, um, wheeeee'

When we went & did the ladder drops i warned Bill it was a harsh landing but he didnt hang on properly & hands came off the bars & he careered down the steep chute with his armpits on the bars, hands flapping nr the front wheel!!  :shocked: then hit a deep puddle flat out put him over the bars & body planted onto the take off for a jump that was luckily soft!!!  :) got up & said 'nah i'm awight mate' lets do it again!!  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Geth was riding like a V10 diesel, no revs but MASSIVE  torque, loads power, dont think anyone will have as much on a bike, sure he could beat Hoy!!

Couple guys pulling sweet backflips on the big set, some harsh slams trying barrel roll flips though, pretty insane!

Good to see the 20" guys flying down 4x track as fast as anyone proving it can be done!!!  :daumenhoch:

Martin you have to come up there only 45 mins from you.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 07:16 PM by billstup »

martin1970

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 12:42 PM »
Can I ride my 20" (without my carbon folks) or is it best on a bigger bike?
So when's everyone going up there next?

QuadPaul

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 01:34 PM »
there were people there riding 20's but personally I'd say you'd be better of on a cruiser.

I think there was talk of another session between xmas & new year but no dates set as yet.

thecrooch

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Mart

I'd agree better with a bigger bike, they have virtually everything an MTB'r could want, even a couple of XC courses...

have a look here http://www.chicksandsbikepark.co.uk/

or do a search on Chicksands mtb on google and there are loads of you tube vids as well.

davegodfrey

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2008, 03:54 PM »
you can ride a 20" there , its just real bumpy, and you have to hang on a bit more, but the dirt jumps are fine on little wheels

martin1970

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2008, 04:25 PM »
Cheers mate, its only dirt jumps I want to ride anyway, I prefer to be in the air than on bumpy ground :LolLolLolLol:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2008, 09:43 PM »
That looks great, top pics :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  CHICKSANDS 14/12 Photo's

gfxgfx
gfx gfx