gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 08:43 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  PK RIPPER Loop tail resto/ser# id ????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PK RIPPER Loop tail resto/ser# id ????  (Read 1084 times)

profilemini

PK RIPPER Loop tail resto/ser# id ????
« on: October 02, 2008, 07:35 PM »
 Hey all, my first post. cool forum :). So I bought a old loop tail from my neighbor.   They were cleaning up their yard sale,she walks out and says hey you want this?  I tried to contain my self, because i was looking at a complete black looptail with ALL the matching gold anodized alloy components. Sugino  maxy cross cranks,Arraya rims, Totally OG down to the seat,and gold caliper brakes. :smitten: To top it off i ask how much?, she says 10 bucks. So being the nice guy i am i give her 20$ and walk my new prize home with a ear to ear grin. OH i forgot to mention that was 8 years ago.   So now im ready to resto this biotch. its all stripped down ready to blast.  They only things i should need are; a sticker kit, tires,tubes,grips,and a chain.(aside from paint materials) Subaru has a color called Java black and it has a gold metallic flake in it. I think it would look sick,or should i just go OS black. Any pointers/tips are much appreciated.   Also i was hoping some one could help me nail down the year  the serial # is  PK 61390 thanks for the help mike :)

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: PK RIPPER Loop tail resto/ser# id ????
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 07:39 PM »
mixed opinion on here ref custom paint, but i think if you look in the museum, you'll see a healthy dollop of rippers in all colours/parts combo's...

should be enough inspiration in there to help you on your way, although i like the idea you have already come up with...

would set those gold bits off a treat :daumenhoch:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 07:58 PM »
i am sure java black is a range rover colour... :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Don't forget the before and after photos Mike ... some decent work in progress shots are good to look at too  :daumenhoch:

This frameset and bars is due some TLC soon  :smitten:

Steve

profilemini

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 11:42 PM »
thnks my friends, pics up soon >:D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  PK RIPPER Loop tail resto/ser# id ????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx