gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 09:55 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  PROJECT SCHOFIELD - PART 2!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PROJECT SCHOFIELD - PART 2!!  (Read 8536 times)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: PROJECT SCHOFIELD - PART 2!!
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 09:43 PM »

Cool project - any progress ?

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 09:56 PM »

Not yet mate.... its gonna be my New Year project along with another incredible project I just picked up...  :daumenhoch:

Offline NORTY40

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2010, 07:44 PM »

Not yet mate.... its gonna be my New Year project along with another incredible project I just picked up...  :daumenhoch:

Looking forward to seeing this done Dave  8)

Are you going to spill the beans on the new project then  ???
WANTED : Old school BMX patches/sew on badges ......  please  :)

sturge

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 01:17 PM »
Dave

As ever, a top quality build on its way :daumenhoch:

And a great story to go with it 8)

Hope to see some pics in the New Year when you get started on it ;)

Cheers,

Paul.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2010, 05:41 PM »
I have cleaned this thread up a bit, sorry if I deleted your posts but I have stickied this for a reason!

This bike (even if its a Raleigh ;)) and the rider are a significant part of our (UK) BMX history. I have stickied it as I feel it worthy, and for us all to see the progress on the bike.
If you want to complain any more about it then take it to Rombloke or Stups. They can make the final decision.

Thanks
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline ED209

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Live to ride ... ride to live.
    • www.superexstatic.com
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2011, 10:41 PM »
Whys the Aero Pro got white brakes when the one in the pic of Craig in BOTY are silver  :)

just askin... not looking for a fight  :LolLolLolLol:
"Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Dylan Thomas

WANTED : Victor DX 9/16 spindle or pedal

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Whys the Aero Pro got white brakes when the one in the pic of Craig in BOTY are silver  :)

just askin... not looking for a fight  :LolLolLolLol:

I have original photograph print here (given to me by Darren Wood) and trust me its 'white'....  :daumenhoch:

626mongoose

Re: PROJECT SCHOFIELD - PART 2!! This looks great !
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2011, 05:58 PM »
If anyone speaks to Craig tell him Brian Jones says Hello!
Don't just straight outta this thread because it's a Burner...  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

UK BMX HISTORY at its best follows...  :D :D :D

The majority will know that I was lucky enough to be asked to restore Craig Schofield's 1985 World Championship bike last year.... and it was finished in time for Burner Bash 2010.

It was an honour and thrill to be able to play a part in restoring such a piece of not just british bmx history but also world bmx history.

The building of this was funded by Craig, by selling parts he had accumulated over the years, including the NOS Aero Pro Decal sets that caused such a fuss.

When I presented the bike to Craig earlier this year he told me he had something for me as a 'thank you'...   :shocked: :shocked:

Imagine my smile when he handed me this...

Along with the line... its the F&F's from my old 'training' bike...   :shocked: :buck2: :shocked: :buck2: :shocked: :buck2:  'you can have it as a thank you!'....

I didn't know what to say... and I certainly didn't know what to do with it...
Craig was insistent that I didn't spend £100's restoring it...

So its sat in my garage untouched for the past 5 months...

Until I got this picture from Andy Ruffell...!!! taken in April 1986 at a training camp in Tenerife. Its Craig's 'training' bike....

Well having seen this picture I just gotta build it up EXACTLY how Craig had it for training...

Hopefully it'll be built over the winter months and I might even use it for racing....   :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Another piece of UK BMX History....   :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:
Don't just straight outta this thread because it's a Burner...  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2:

UK BMX HISTORY at its best follows...  :D :D :D

The majority will know that I was lucky enough to be asked to restore Craig Schofield's 1985 World Championship bike last year.... and it was finished in time for Burner Bash 2010.

It was an honour and thrill to be able to play a part in restoring such a piece of not just british bmx history but also world bmx history.

The building of this was funded by Craig, by selling parts he had accumulated over the years, including the NOS Aero Pro Decal sets that caused such a fuss.

When I presented the bike to Craig earlier this year he told me he had something for me as a 'thank you'...   :shocked: :shocked:

Imagine my smile when he handed me this...

Along with the line... its the F&F's from my old 'training' bike...   :shocked: :buck2: :shocked: :buck2: :shocked: :buck2:  'you can have it as a thank you!'....

I didn't know what to say... and I certainly didn't know what to do with it...
Craig was insistent that I didn't spend £100's restoring it...

So its sat in my garage untouched for the past 5 months...

Until I got this picture from Andy Ruffell...!!! taken in April 1986 at a training camp in Tenerife. Its Craig's 'training' bike....

Well having seen this picture I just gotta build it up EXACTLY how Craig had it for training...

Hopefully it'll be built over the winter months and I might even use it for racing....   :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Another piece of UK BMX History....   :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley: :coolsmiley:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  PROJECT SCHOFIELD - PART 2!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx