gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 03:36 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  negative equity
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: negative equity  (Read 826 times)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
negative equity
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:42 AM »
anyone else got it in their bmx builds, i know i have loads :LolLolLolLol: thinking of doing a merger with radman :LolLolLolLol:

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: negative equity
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 04:39 PM »
yeah! so your VDC is only worth 500quid now... :LolLolLolLol:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

davevilla

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 09:36 PM »
anyone else got it in their bmx builds, i know i have loads :LolLolLolLol: thinking of doing a merger with radman :LolLolLolLol:

Yes mate - most of them...

bmxer4ever

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 10:58 PM »
If you take the £600 I dropped on my Micromachine complete and the £200 I've spent on it since, then I'm probably lookin' at MAJOR neg eq.!

And the next one's probably gonna cost even more.......

Mind you, if it rides as good as i think it will, I don't give a damn!

OS stuff looks a nightmare for neg. eq. most of the time. Unless it's a Gen 1 or Mk1 Condor...

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 08:03 AM »
Is it not the same as renovating say an old MGB at a cost of £10,000 only to find its worth £5,000 if you were to sell?

Negative equity only exists if you were expecting a profit from a given project. If you want to make a profit dont renovate or restore stuff like bikes and cars :daumenhoch:

Then again, if you make a small profit from such a hobby its a bonus and good on ya :)
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 09:17 AM »
Is it not the same as renovating say an old MGB at a cost of £10,000 only to find its worth £5,000 if you were to sell?

Negative equity only exists if you were expecting a profit from a given project. If you want to make a profit dont renovate or restore stuff like bikes and cars :daumenhoch:

Then again, if you make a small profit from such a hobby its a bonus and good on ya :)

i aint built em to gain Mr D  :daumenhoch: ive built em for meself and to keep, i was just saying that a complete build costs more than what it would be worth on the market as a complete build :daumenhoch:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 10:07 AM »
I hear ya  :daumenhoch:
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Negative equity on old school bikes is relative to the time, when i started my first old school build in 2002 dcmx1000s were 30. In 2002 maybe at 30 they would have been negative equity, but try getting mx1000s now for 30.

Anyway the bikes look better than a 100 a week drink gambling or drug habit which most of my pals like to restore  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2008, 10:35 AM »

Anyway the bikes look better than a 100 a week drink gambling or drug habit which most of my pals like to restore  :LolLolLolLol:

to true Paul  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2008, 10:52 AM »
absolutaly non of mine :daumenhoch: coz i bide my time to find the parts i want at a price i like and don't get sucked into this nos trap, i build mid school mainly too and the prices have gone up considerably since i started as everything was pennies, literally, when i started puttin bikes together :daumenhoch:

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 11:17 AM »
No, I'll be a few grand up if i sell mine...

"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 11:26 AM »
THIS COST A FORTUNE

AND WORTH NOWT

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2008, 09:02 AM »
thats bang on the money russ, i wouldnt worry about gettin back what you paid for that, if ya can hang on to it for a wee tad longer than normal that is :daumenhoch:

if any body is building for a return, then patience is the key, just because someone posts stuff for sale at stoopidly hiked prices and they sell, it doesnt/shouldnt set a precedent for parts pricing, its all down to timing i reckon, still bargains to be had, and still plenty of people who will pay over the odds to finish a build or impulse buy a bike that theyve always wanted, splitting bikes is the only way to get a return IMO, as its gotta be a rare, classic monster build to get top dollar for a full bike.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2008, 07:29 PM »
remember the thread about 6 months ago about someone putting their life savings into old school parts ???

wonder what there thoughts are now ???

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 02:03 PM »
think you will find em down on the park bench j.t with some cider and fudge for chuffin

r :daumenhoch:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 02:08 PM »
i'm fooking glad its all gone a bit tits up really..

it was all getting a bit out of hand really...

means we can all probably buy the stuff we really want for reasonable money again.

dialledbikes

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 03:04 PM »
I've never lost money on NOS stuff, but I expect to lose money on stuff which I've ridden.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  negative equity

gfxgfx
gfx gfx