gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Goddamn axle size for me wheel
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Goddamn axle size for me wheel  (Read 1795 times)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Goddamn axle size for me wheel
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2008, 03:58 AM »
Try www.billys.co.uk heaps of axles on there  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

steve

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2008, 01:54 PM »
go and buy a flat file, with a serreted edge, from the pound shop
and take 2mm of each side

how you do it is thus
-file one side down to the required amount
then bolt it in the rear forks, so the wheel is sitting outside the frame - wheel nut inside the frame
-then you can get the same positioning as the side you first filed, as you have the stay to go by

-you will just need to buy a file from the pound shop, that is the same or slightly greater in thickness than your forks

however in the front, you will need to open the landing gears to 14mm, if you aint got 14mm ones
 :LolLolLolLol:
that will entail both a 14mm bit, and filing still, as you want a slot, for safety

modfather

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2008, 04:32 PM »
LOL are you telling me that the landing gear forks needs a 14mm axle if yes perfect one done and just need to sort out the rear axle

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2008, 04:47 PM »
LOL are you telling me that the landing gear forks needs a 14mm axle if yes perfect one done and just need to sort out the rear axle

Nope, if it is an old school 1" set of Landing Gear Forks then a 3/8 or 10mm axle is required, same for the frame.  What you can do is file the 14mm axle down to fit  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

modfather

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2008, 04:49 PM »
CRAP MAN!!  :-\ id rather give the axle to someone who could be able to do the job for me i would fook it up big time

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2008, 10:21 PM »
It's not hard to do, I've managed it twice so far and I'm a total bodger.
You're not taking metal off where it's needed for grinds, there's almost no up/down strength lost. Plus the axle can't spin in the fork's dropout so things don't work loose. Ever been turning the left-side nut for ages before realising the right-side one's going round too? Won't happen anymore.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Goddamn axle size for me wheel

gfxgfx
gfx gfx