gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 06:34 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can these Auburn Forks be restored for a rider?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Can these Auburn Forks be restored for a rider?  (Read 472 times)

moley

Can these Auburn Forks be restored for a rider?
« on: September 19, 2008, 03:44 PM »
Is it possible to restore these forks.   I was thinking of buying them if they can be restored and then getting em painted yellow.

I would want them to ride not just for show.  So I wouldn't want them snapping while having a spin around a track!!

Advice please!!

Cheers!!  :daumenhoch:

All the details are below!!

From seller

These are in rough condition at the steer tube.  The lower part of the threaded steer tube is stripped out and there are gouges at the lower steer tube close to where the bearing would rest as the prior owner ran the mix/match  headset loose.  There is some oxidation, which may clean up some.    Has minor wear and scratches.  Please note that these may be more of a display item or project as the gouges may affect the strenght of the steer tube.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 03:49 PM by moley »

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Can these Auburn Forks be restored for a rider?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 03:49 PM »

just paint em and ride em, deffo worth a punt at a tenner. whats the worst that could happen. :-\

moley

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 03:50 PM »
I like your Gung-Ho spirit!!  :daumenhoch:

motomagII

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 04:01 PM »
yeah they look good enough to me just check welds etc when you get em make sure they are okay .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Can these Auburn Forks be restored for a rider?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx