gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 03:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  KENT ESSEX LONDON RIDERS - SUPPORT NEEDED. (Non Financial!!)
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: KENT ESSEX LONDON RIDERS - SUPPORT NEEDED. (Non Financial!!)  (Read 411 times)

thecrooch

KENT ESSEX LONDON RIDERS - SUPPORT NEEDED. (Non Financial!!)
« on: September 18, 2008, 04:05 PM »
I'm writing this on behalf of a very good friend of mine who is a BCF coach and runs Go-Ride Bexley.

An area of land off the A2 near Gravesend has been signed off for planning by the council to be turned into a massive do-all cycling mecca, the main reason im writing this is that a new BMX Racing Circuit with Free Ride Area is in the planning as well as a mountain bike track of a few km, a family riding circuit (like Bedgebury, Kent, if any of you have been there), a running track,  a café as well as car parking & lots of other stuff. Check out panel –you can see all the different areas that are to be there.

http://www.gravesham.gov.uk/index.cfm?articleid=4122

Talking to the architects & developers there it looks like the whole plan is moving along well & although the Council have provisionally given it the ‘nod’ it still isn’t a ‘done deal’ & we still need to show our support by completing a questionnaire & submitting it to the ‘urban designer’ Jamie Gosden at Jacobs (Maidstone address on the Jacobs link www.jacobs.com ). The more positive responses they get the stronger their case will be when they present to the Council again so please fill in the form.

Thanks in advance Radsters, im sure you can see how important this is to all involved in the cycling community. The one area the architects dont have any contacts in is the BMX world - which is where you lot come in.   The Questionnaire is in adobe format, please could you pm me your email addresses and i will send you out a form with the address  for posting.

I really appreciate this as im sure you all will when its built - you can never have too many BMX Tracks!!!

Cheers
Crooch
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 04:06 PM by Crooch »

KGB Matt

Re: KENT ESSEX LONDON RIDERS - SUPPORT NEEDED. (Non Financial!!)
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 04:09 PM »
Humps was speaking to the council about this a little while back ... will definately have to complete the questionnaire.

Sharon xx

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 04:18 PM »
thats excellant news

just down the road from me too

i half expected the car plan to get the go ahead so this is great news  :daumenhoch:

pm coming
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

thecrooch

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Humps was speaking to the council about this a little while back ... will definately have to complete the questionnaire.

Sharon xx

Email addy please then...  if you have Humps as well can you send me that as well and ill forward, im sure he'll be along shortly.... i've put the magic 'K' word in the title....

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 12:21 PM »
BUMP

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 10:35 AM »
bump

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  KENT ESSEX LONDON RIDERS - SUPPORT NEEDED. (Non Financial!!)

gfxgfx
gfx gfx