gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 05:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  interesting... just found this.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: interesting... just found this.....  (Read 512 times)

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
interesting... just found this.....
« on: October 01, 2008, 04:40 PM »
Seat stay/framestand and bologna-cut top tube detail. Photo: George Yang

Looks like there’s already quite a bit of chatter about the Knight Performer - I’ve seen it pop up on a number of the vintage BMX sites over the past couple of days. One thing that’s been discussed is the geometry of the ride, and how it compares, considering it is overall, a pretty modern ride. I hit George at Knight up for some more information, and he sent over pretty much all you might want to know:

Material: 4130 Chromoly
FRAME
Top tube length: 21.5″
BB height: 12″
Chainstay length: 15.25″
Head angle: 73 degree
Seat tube angle: 70.5 degree
Headtube: Integrated
Bottom Bracket: Mid type
Brakes: 990 mounts
Seat post: 25.4mm
Dropouts: 3/16″ thick
Axle type: 3/8 axles
Extras: Coaster Brake plate like the 20″ version

So, there you have it - the top tube length should keep it roomy, yet quick for a cruiser. With the 3/8″ axles, you might need to hookup a set of the Skyway Graphite TuffWheels to go with the frame. Keep a lookout here for shots of the prototype as it gets built-up.

The 24″ Retro Squareback Knight released last year was very well received by those looking for a cruiser with vintage styling. Modeled after the Redline squarebacks of yore, it was a fairly traditional cruiser frame, with some really nice detailing.

I think that the new 24″ jam from Knight will up the retro BMX game - other manufacturers should take note. In fact, it is only retro in styling, as it features all of the modern features of today’s BMX bikes - integrated headset, mid-bottom bracket and 990 brake mounts. However, look closer at the photos of the prototype - a coaster brake tab and a standing platform. Yeah, I said it - a standing platform, just like the GTs of yore - on a 24″ cruiser. Knight is calling it the Knight “Performer”, but I don’t know if they’ll stick with that name. They say it is a tribute to one of the most recognizable early freestyle frames, the GT Performer/World Tour, and Eddie Fiola - who helped make GT so prolific early in the freestyle game. Be sure to hit the link on Eddie’s name - there’s a great story on lifelounge.com, with some of Eddie’s personal photos.

If you want one, get a hold of Knight quickly. They’re going to be made in limited numbers, and available very soon. Damn, just like yesterday’s post - did I find yet ANOTHER bike/frame to obsess over? Check more photos over on the Knight blog.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 04:41 PM by adenough »

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: interesting... just found this.....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 05:26 PM »
thats quite nice looks like a few peeps getting 24"versions done now
wonder if pete quad is on the list lol

Offline adenough

• 540 Air
  • Buzz Killington...
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 05:32 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

darkersomeday

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 06:51 PM »
the seat tube is too long and the 990 lugs spoil it a bit but its a decent effort so far

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  interesting... just found this.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx