gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 09:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A noobie here needs help with his quadangle
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: A noobie here needs help with his quadangle  (Read 1277 times)

modfather

A noobie here needs help with his quadangle
« on: September 17, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Well i am a regular on burnerworld and i have just recently bought a 2008 looptail tanned quadangle frame from the US. I know that a member SE racer is a great help and i will be getting parts from him. The thing is i am just wondering if anybody would know the seat post size for this frame and i am sure this also needs an AMERICAN BBs. Thing is  i dont know much about different BBs sizes i hear there are european ones, spanish and american ones. With BBs such as sealed bearings for a three piece crank do they actually all come in different sizes or is it just the hole for the spindle itself that varies in sizes god am so confuse. i will be looking for a complete american BB crank set to fit in this bike of mine sometime soon hope ill have some help in clarifying these crap!

Heres a pic of my frame that arrived this afternoon

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: A noobie here needs help with his quadangle
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 04:27 PM »

us bb and seat post is 25.4 me thinks. :daumenhoch: 

modfather

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 04:35 PM »
 :daumenhoch: that was quick and easy for ye then!  :coolsmiley:

so these sealed bearings do you just stick them in instead of normal BB cups?

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 04:46 PM »
yes mate..piece of piss. :daumenhoch:

modfather

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 04:47 PM »
fab! thanks a million  :daumenhoch:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 09:55 PM »
An alternative to using a US BB is to buy a crankset with a Euro BB and buy a converter.

Basically the euro BB screws into the converter which in turn, pushes into the frame, that way you can run cranks like Saints and DXR's.

Here is a converter on ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Truvativ-BMX-American-To-Euro-Bottom-Bracket-Adapter_W0QQitemZ170253691345QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

modfather

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 12:12 AM »
now thats wicked! am looking into this. am just wondering is this for a one piece crank or can a three piece eg redline flights can work with this? i am looking at saints and dxrs now to get the idea god am such a noob  :-[

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 12:14 AM »
That is for a 3pc crank that has a Euro Bottom Bracket.  1 pc crank Bottom Brackets are American sized as standard.

modfather

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 12:25 AM »
so if i buy the BB converter you linked and buy redline flight crank in european should i be on the go then?

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 12:29 AM »
so if i buy the BB converter you linked and buy redline flight crank in european should i be on the go then?

Yes, spot on.

Sorry if this seems like teaching you to suck eggs....

But.

1 piece crank arms + 1 piece crank Bottom Bracket will fit in your frame with no converters needed.

3 piece crank arms (Saints in this picture) + Euro Bottom Bracket (notice threading on bottom bracket).  Will need one of the converters I linked.  The Euro BB threads into the converter which gets pushed into your frame.

modfather

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 12:32 AM »
Nice one stidds this has really cleared up my head and i can see a bigger picture now thanks so much for your help!  :coolsmiley:

Offline stidds

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 12:38 AM »
Nice one stidds this has really cleared up my head and i can see a bigger picture now thanks so much for your help!  :coolsmiley:

By the way, if you are going to buy Redline Flight cranks new then specify a US Bottom Bracket for it, then it will fit with no converters needed.

modfather

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 12:40 AM »
aye i wanted to do that find a redline crank set with US bottom brackets included but it aint easy to find uk base. i am looking for a black crank arm in particular and many comes without a bottom bracket which annoys me.

V.D.C 84

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 01:01 AM »
Man that quad looks nice..
like the colour...

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  A noobie here needs help with his quadangle

gfxgfx
gfx gfx