gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 03:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What would happen if a new school kid was let loose on your old school ??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: What would happen if a new school kid was let loose on your old school ??  (Read 936 times)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
I found out today  :2funny:

Met up with Dom (Phippso) this morning and we went off to meet up with my mates son Louie Smith. Louie is one Rad little f@@ker, has been pulling triple whips, backflip whips and all sorts of stuff that makes you shake your head in disbelief for ages.

We loaded some bikes in the car and headed off down to a small park in Romsey. We tried to put the seat down and set the bike up as new school as we could. Louie had a roll round the park but was struggling on the pool tyres and metal ramps, he was also petrified of dropping my bike so was taking it easy.

Spinning tricks were ruled out as he could not get any grip on take off. We are gonna swap the tyres, get a better camera and head back out on Thursday!!!!!

What we got today!

Backflip   
/>
Framewhip (sketchy) 
/>
About the only pic that came out of him on the GT (discovered the sport shot mode after)

Back on his own bike

And any old excuse for a shot of the GT  :2funny:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:

well, thats quite an easy question to answer.
your nice clean grips will get all grubby !! :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Brilliant stuff matt, jesus that kid is rad...  :shocked: lovely GT  :D did Dom try any tricks?  ??? :coolsmiley:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Brilliant stuff matt, jesus that kid is rad...  :shocked: lovely GT  :D did Dom try any tricks?  ??? :coolsmiley:

Yeah, after a few attempts he has this pretty nailed!

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
You are gonna be hearing a lot more of Louis soon so watch this space. He is extremely RAD and a nice fella too with a good sensiblke head on his shoulders although backflipping the GT was a tense moment  :2funny:

Matt (swiv), i didnt try too many tricks, just some ankle high areials on Louies bike  :LolLolLolLol: but i may be breaking out some old haro's for the next trip out on Thursday

cool thread Matt   :daumenhoch:

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

Yeah, after a few attempts he has this pretty nailed!

just getting warmed up in this pic  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Matt thats a nice day by the looks of it  :)

Bob server :daumenhoch:

munners

Awesome mate!!!

I bet that bike is older than him! :LolLolLolLol:

What did he think of riding an old skool bike Matt?

Nick ;)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Two skateparks then ????????

The one outside the Rapids and also the new one at Chandlers Ford. Did you try the small one at North Baddesley ????
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

spesh

cool!!! me and a work colleague(bmx virgin :LolLolLolLol:) are going to c/ford tomorrow after work if anyone wants to meet up

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Great stuff :daumenhoch:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Awesome mate!!!

I bet that bike is older than him! :LolLolLolLol:

What did he think of riding an old skool bike Matt?

Nick ;)

Yeah, the bike is 2 years older than him. He thought it was really flimsy, the bars kept moving and he was expecting the wheels to give out  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
the paint work still looks nice matt ;)
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Two skateparks then ????????

The one outside the Rapids and also the new one at Chandlers Ford. Did you try the small one at North Baddesley ????

No, we drove past it. We were trying to get the GT in the concrete bowl so he could have some grip but by the time we had got there we had changed our minds and are going to wait til its got treaded tyres on it.

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
the paint work still looks nice matt ;)

Yeah, its stunning Dan. Well happy with it and the way it still looks fresh, must have been 18 months ago you did it.  :daumenhoch:

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Excellent thread !

was fearing to see some old Haro injured when I read the beginning with Dom involved...  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Excellent thread !

was fearing to see some old Haro injured when I read the beginning with Dom involved...  :LolLolLolLol:

Thursday mate, Gen 1 triple whip!!

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
You mean Dom is riding next thursday ?  :LolLolLolLol:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
You mean Dom is riding next thursday ?  :LolLolLolLol:
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Dom will be riding the camera on Thursday, thats his limit but look out for some old haro's gettin there legs stretched!  :angel:

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
brilliant!!!!

that backflip made me laugh out loud.

great stuff, thanks for sharing.

modfather

sweet child o mine! that was awesome!  :coolsmiley:

HEYWOOD BMX

:) Never been into green bikes,but that is stunner! You took a chance with that,.A few years back,a local new school rider borrowed a Haro Master from an OS guy,took it over a small jump at Heywood and handed both halves back 5 minutes later!

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Excellent, what a great idea seeing how a new kid does on an old skool bike, I must admit I do sit on some of mine sometimes & think they do feel a bit flimsy  :-\

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Great photos Matt ... when we gonna see some of Dom getting rad then  :)

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
:) Never been into green bikes,but that is stunner! You took a chance with that,.A few years back,a local new school rider borrowed a Haro Master from an OS guy,took it over a small jump at Heywood and handed both halves back 5 minutes later!

I was not that worried about the backflip, I have seen him do loads and he is always really smooth (not this time though, the bars moved and scared the cr@p out of him .
I was worrying about the whip, the tyres were not gripping at all on the metal ramps. If you watch the whip vid you can see how much it slides about when he lands  :LolLolLolLol:

Can you delete your post til after tomorrow, Dom is letting him loose on the Haros in the morning and if he reads that he wont sleep  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 10:58 PM by thebigdog »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  What would happen if a new school kid was let loose on your old school ??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx