gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 03:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Aero Reflex, I don't remember them.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Aero Reflex, I don't remember them.  (Read 11824 times)

flat spot

Aero Reflex, I don't remember them.
« on: September 15, 2008, 06:20 PM »
I've seen lots of adds for NOS Aero Reflex frames. I'm thinking of getting one to build, but the weird thing is I don't remember them from the 80's.

Having a look on the internet hasn't brought up many specifications. Were they any good then or just a budget BMX compared to the Skyways etc?

Personally I quite like the look of them but I don't want to waste cash on a pup.  ???

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
Re: Aero Reflex, I don't remember them.
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 06:28 PM »
Good bikes, nice welds. Just a factory full of nos ones dont really help the price much.

jackel

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 06:30 PM »
and they where bloody pricey as well iirc

vdubferret

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 08:33 AM »
Yeah they were about BITD: I think we may have been spoilt for choice a bit as they were UK made? If you were anything like me it HAD to be from the good 'ole US of A? A shame really as we had some good qualtiy UK stuff then   :)

I Can remember them being in Action Bike & the likes & VERY expensive: someone posted a scan recently on here too?. A good budget build for a project & look really nice in the flaesh too.   :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 08:35 AM »
and getting harder to find now!

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 08:51 AM »
They came out in 1985, and were more expensive than GT, Hutch, GHP, Skyway, everything in fact...so they didn't sell too well.

Shame really, as they are actually quite a nice bike; excellent finish and very strong.

When the bubble burst, they were left with well over 1000 sets, shiners bought the lot and have been selling them off since. They are all gone now, so if you want one, you best be quick.

JT71

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 09:46 AM »
to be honest there's loads of bikes that people on her what to spaff all over and rave about that I never saw or even heard of back in the day.

but reflexes were a bit pricey weren't they?

i shifted 85 of them this year. lol.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 10:27 AM »
i've had a couple (have one off you Joe) and they're better than a lot of f+f sets that people spend shed loads on.......lets face it for around £30/£40 you simply cannot buy a better f+f set  :daumenhoch:

they ride reet nice too  :daumenhoch:

2020mad

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 11:37 AM »
For £30 the forks are worth £20 alone all day long.

flat spot

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 08:26 PM »
All sounds good then. Mmm, I'm sorely tempted.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 08:30 PM »
All sounds good then. Mmm, I'm sorely tempted.

I have two for sale in the for sale section if you need one.

:daumenhoch:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 08:43 PM »
Funny you should mention this - I saw a chrome one TODAY with blue aero zytecs and white tyres being wheeled along in the rain from the direction of KG skatepark as I was on my way home. I think it's the first time I ever seen one in the flesh and it looked brand new....
G

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 08:47 PM »
They do look brand new G, the chrome is amazing on them and all been stored in Shiners warm warehouse, so their condition is A1.

COZZFATHER

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2008, 03:34 PM »
i remember them from bitd but never saw many, the thing now with  old school freestyle bmx's is loads of people have the bike they couldn't afford back then now,and
if you want to be fashionable you gotta have a haro,skyway,gt etc etc etc.

now as above them 25 quid reflexes are cheep as they got stored after the crash and didn't get skipped,thus making them readily available,i think certain people look down their noses at british old school  freestylers, but it makes me smile when a old school british freestyler fram and forks does over 300 quid on ebay and american ones from the same vintage only do a third or half that.

also one other thing reflexes were never really popular as another british bmx company had the uk competition all sewn up with much lower prices, 125 quid for a reflex or 75 quid for a chrome firebird, it was a no brainer imo. :P

macky

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 05:56 AM »

I don't really remember seeing them BITD either....

although i've seen a couple around now... quite nice bikes i think!!

Adecee

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 08:47 PM »
I know I am posting this a while after the original topic was posted, but this is relevant to the thread.

This was taken from a mag published back in 85, seems they were cheaper than the GT anyway, good ride too!

dannywhiteley

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 09:04 PM »
I agree that as good a frame set as the Reflex is (ive had 3), it was always on to a loser against the Firebird Freestyler, a bargain at £75 - 80 even back in 85.

The Firebird also took many sales away from the Rebel Freestyler, that IMO is just as good a frame (and was a similar price) as the firebird but was just never advertised as well BITD.

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 09:09 PM »
I remember them from bitd but I didn't see many about. However, I did build one last year from all the NOS F&F that were kicking about and when I got it I very very, very surprised with the quality of the welds etc. abosolutely superb!

Excellent value for money and woul dcertainly make anyone a good F&F as their first old school build.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

dannywhiteley

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 09:17 PM »
In the last 2 years the Reflex has probably been 80% + of new OS riders/collectors first build, it was certainly mine.

Its done for the scene in its own little way.  Its introduced a lot of people to the glories of OS BMX.

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2009, 09:40 PM »
ive got one as a daliy rider and if fooking brilliant cos i'm not bothered too much if i come off big style. get 1 you wont be disapointed :daumenhoch:
 i'll get a pic up.

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2009, 10:13 PM »

Offline Wadz

• Rockwalk
  • Ride Ride Ride!!
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2009, 10:19 PM »

when i first built it.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 07:46 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:   what the hell is going on with the seat post and seat on your "super burner"   :2funny:

mattnice

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2009, 07:53 AM »
i had one bitd,the chrome started peeling of as soon as i got it.
Personally i think they were crap

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2009, 07:55 AM »
blimey......i've never seen one do that??  i think they're a top frame and fork set to cut your teeth on, the only two things that let them down in my book is the crappy decals and the stupid little standers on the rear end..........other than that, they're quality  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Aero Reflex, I don't remember them.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx