gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 07:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  old school dilemma.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: old school dilemma.....  (Read 1557 times)

tornado1478

old school dilemma.....
« on: September 15, 2008, 08:30 PM »
right i have a slight problem...thus being, in the 80`s i was one hell of a great freestyler(massive airs and all)(seriously).had my own halfpipe and all..im now 36 and wanting to relive my childhood again and hopefully become as good as i was in the 80`s again.now my problem being all the tricks i know are old school tricks.......down my local skatepark wich may i add is less than 2 mins walk from my house..they all do new school stuff......will i get the shit like `ooohhhh look at the old bas*ard doing ancient stuff on his ancient bmx....or shall i forget old school tricks and try to learn new school?

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: old school dilemma.....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 08:33 PM »
 :) Reckon you`ll be OK.No time limit on style,plus you won`t be the one looking like a twat in girls jeans!

rosscoe

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2008, 12:14 PM »
nothing like a bit of confidence in your own capabilities huh???

and do whatever you feel comfortable with..........

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 12:16 PM »
a big air is a big air is a big air, knock em dead dude :daumenhoch:

Offline Bigplinky

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 12:54 PM »
You'll probably find they won't talk at first but go a few times and they might start askin' you how to do this and that and then your in, very much doubt anybody will slag you off.
Why oh why do I still buy kids bikes!

evamedia

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 01:56 PM »
give a fook anyway, just ride mate

RADHAB

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2008, 02:19 PM »
Nothing wrong with skinny jeans!  :10_2_12:

Just do yer thing pal, get yerself an ipod and just ride, there'll talk to you sooner or later, the first conversation will be something like "Get out the fcuking way!" or something like that, I'm 40 and only got back on 3 and half years ago, its the injuries and the pain you really need to worry about! :LolLolLolLol:

evamedia

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2008, 02:42 PM »
I'm 40 and only got back on 3 and half years ago

And he throws a mean table

Offline thebigdog

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2008, 10:24 PM »
Think most of the good young riders have nothing but respect for old school stuff. Its the kids that can't do anything that the remarks come from and they soon shut up when they realise its not cool to mock the old.

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Just go riding and enjoy yourself.  If you're doing it with passion you'll soon be making riding buddies and all the little fashion victims will move on.

Offline Stodgy

• BMX Overlord
    • RADBMX Shop
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Grab yourself a decent new school bike and go show 'em how it's done. Don't worry about what they think or say - you were riding before they were born.

BMX is BMX - age doesn't come into it.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 10:57 PM »
Not fair - TwoBob and Stodgy just said what I was gonna say... :LolLolLolLol:

I'm 40 next February and I just get on with it and ride. Kelvingrove is my local park and all the 'kids' have great respect for anyone that gives it a go. Most of my tricks are so old school, they've never seen them before and absolutely love them, so just get yerself a NS bike and go rip it up. They even ask to film me and take pics ffs! That's where my profile pic came from!
Good luck dude - and what's yer name by the way, we might know you?!
G

Guillotte

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 07:30 AM »
Yeah really...what's your name? Not many ppl could get massive air without word of mouth leaking!

tornado1478

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 08:03 AM »
yea i was getting good 10ft airs out of my halfpipe in the 80`s all variations.i was basically just a vert rider,never did much flatland.locally i was a bit of a legend but thats as far as it went..i rode my ramps every day and wanted to go pro but unfortuanatly that never came...my names pete btw but non of you will know me unless you lived locally to me in staffordshire in the 80`s.
gonna be getting back into it and hopefully get back to the level i was in the 80`s but at 36 its gonna be harder.

Guillotte

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 08:13 AM »
yea i was getting good 10ft airs out of my halfpipe in the 80`s all variations.i was basically just a vert rider,never did much flatland.locally i was a bit of a legend but thats as far as it went..i rode my ramps every day and wanted to go pro but unfortuanatly that never came...my names pete btw but non of you will know me unless you lived locally to me in staffordshire in the 80`s.
gonna be getting back into it and hopefully get back to the level i was in the 80`s but at 36 its gonna be harder.

We should ride together next year when I come over there!  >:D

tornado1478

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 08:50 AM »
deffo guillotte it would be an honour to ride with you. :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  old school dilemma.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx