gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 11:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mr Magoo
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mr Magoo  (Read 3860 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Mr Magoo
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2008, 10:35 PM »
ohh you smooth talking bar steward.  :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 10:41 PM »
si

am i wrong???????????

r

dialledbikes

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 10:45 PM »
world war three just started at home, night all :'(

Good luck mate. 

It's not easy balancing a family life with a a Facebook group, but we all work hard during the week so deserve a few simple pleasures like BMX racing.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2008, 10:50 PM »
si

am i wrong???????????

r

Not at all mate.

Some women understand and some aren't so understanding. There's no right or wrong as we all have different circumstances.  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2008, 08:13 AM »
Twas expected, mortgage to pay and all that..inevitable it was gonna happen once she'd realised i was semi ok.

Got the usual about being too competitive and should be doing it for fun etc etc, can't get her to understand that thats in my blood, its part of my make up, guess it stems from being a kid and not getting any attention unless you had something worth praising.

Nevermind, will have to try to mellow out a bit and have fun...which is a contradiction, cos i'd already told Sonic on saturday i wasn't going out to win, but to have fun...but once yer on the gate all all reason exits.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2008, 10:14 AM »
I've lost count of the times I've said I'm going to take it easy, only to get on the gate and the red mist to decsend.  :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2008, 10:18 AM »
ahhhhhhhhhh

the red mist

gets us all that damm stuff

nice sunny day,,till ya get on the gate >:D >:D >:D >:D

r

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2008, 10:42 AM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2008, 11:08 AM »
Hmmm, not a conscieous decision to go for it, you just do it naturally. Sometimes when it don't matter so much you can make them decisions, like my third moto or two of the motos at daggers last week, but yesterday was having soo much fun, couldn't help myself, what with Bill being the Britts champ too!!!

Injury update, can kinda walk with out crutches now, but once i sit down for ten minutes all stiffens up then takes 15 minutes to get use of the knee. The one i aint told the missus about is the spinal bruising i've got in the region of where two discs were removed about 5 years ago, thats not feeling too hot either, and it'd better be good enough for me to work tomorrow, or i think i will be relegated to BMX dad only :'( But no sense no feeling, sure i'll battle through the discomfort :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2008, 12:05 PM »
ahhhhhhhhhh

the red mist

gets us all that damm stuff

nice sunny day,,till ya get on the gate >:D >:D >:D >:D

r

Yeah, like when I tried to overtake you in last berm at Hartlepool, Russ, clipped your back wheel and went down  :LolLolLolLol:

Good to see you're racing at Preston.  Hopefully see you on the gate.

rod

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2008, 04:01 PM »
Glad to hear your okay Mr. Magoo
It was fantastic days racing and really good to see the track in full swing.
I'll leave my tourist riding style at home next time and join the red midst lads.

Take it easy bruv see you trackside again soon.

mr.magoo

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Maybe we could just swap brains eh, think i might be in a position to leave old school in your capable hands next season, may have to go down the "safe" route on a cruiser? never know she might calm down?

see you at Herne bay in a couple of weeks hopefully.

can't believe it, been moving around today with out crutches, just had an hours sleep, now im back on two crutches :2gunsfiring_v1:
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 04:18 PM by mr.magoo »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2008, 04:18 PM »
To be honest Neil, I'd spend a year in old school getting to grips with racing again as there's some really quick lads already there and also some quick ones coming in it seems.

The move to cruisers in 40+ the following year and show them how it's done.  :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2008, 04:21 PM »
that was my original plan, but being that i used all the accidents as an excuse to get her to let me buy a cruiser, she's taken the high road,at the moment, and she thinks cruisers are slower, wont show her the timing i've done from yesterdays racing then :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2008, 09:18 PM »
I think you may be telling her too much in your excitment.

The les they know the better it is at times.  ;)

mr.magoo

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 08:12 AM »
Your right Si, problem is for the last 10 years we've shared excitement over everything we've ever done, but she doesn't get excited at all about BMX, but i can't help but treat it the same as anything else we discuss at home.

Anyhow question for you guys that have had more injury experience than me, especially as hospital gave me no info at all, they just wanted me out of the bed, like heres some crutches, do you know how to use 'em? oh, sure you'll work it out, here's an out patients appointment for next week, now be on your way we need the bed!

Off crutches, still constantly doing ice, managed a 12hr night shift last night, even though i popped the knee twice in one hour!
Knee is almost as big as my thigh, leg is swollen from ankle to groin, constant cramps in calf muscle, tight thigh muscle, pain in lower back, (all from psiatic nerve i guess) HOW LONG IS THIS GONNA GO ON FOR :2gunsfiring_v1: Knee don't hurt anymore, but all the other aches and stuff is doing my head in?

MOORO

« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 01:19 PM »
6-8 weeks for soft tissue injuries like that, gradually easing over that time. best fix is the old classic RICE - Rest, ice , compression and elevation... keep it elavated as much as possible, icing should not be as often now as few days old, anti inflammatories, gentle excercise (best to see a physio to advise which ones and how often ).
Be a patient patient and youll be racing again sooner than you think , sure as robert is your mothers brother  !!  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 04:10 PM »
Thanks for the information, doing all those except the rice, what do i do with that????

at the moment knee is pretty much fully moveable as longas i don't twist, takes all my weight and can even take stairs normally, but major pain from my calf muscle. Thats the bit thats stopping me walking properly.
thanks again for info.

thecrooch

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 04:12 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: EAT IT LOTS AND LOTS OF IT

mr.magoo

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Oh ??? don't use it as a suppository then :uglystupid2:wish you'd told me 5 mins ago :crazy2:

thecrooch

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008, 04:24 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol: Nope get very very fat and slow....

I remember my mate giving me the R.I.C.E acrynom once but after a while i thought it was raise (dont ask me why) but for the life of me i was sitting there going so what was the A for????    :uglystupid2:

mr.magoo

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2008, 12:33 PM »
Only just got the fat and slow bit yesterday :LolLolLolLol:

Still cant work out that acrynom.

UPDATE :got to have an MRI scan, torn cartiledge both sides of knee, but worse on the inside leg part. May result in some surgery. Stupid kids bikes :LolLolLolLol: Just had grief off my old mum, bout giving up :crazy2: no she got told in no uncertain terms 8)i love my racing too much to even consider it >:(

thecrooch

« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2008, 03:08 PM »
Judging by most peoples reactions to my finger yesterday most can understand why i didnt race at hersden...

and following yesterdays cruise in London - my wrst and shoulder arent really up to gating so again i cant warrant the cost in driving to Herne bay to poodle round so i probably wont make it...

will do the saturday summer series at Daggers this week and see how i feel....

does anyone know if they made a decision on where they were going to do the presentation for the OSS?

mr.magoo

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2008, 03:15 PM »
Yup, not healing like i did when i was a kid, and you just don't realise till it happens to you :coolsmiley:

spillers#1

« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2008, 05:47 PM »
F**kin tell me about it !  :crazy2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Mr Magoo

gfxgfx
gfx gfx