gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Today
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hersden Today  (Read 1893 times)

moomin

Hersden Today
« on: September 14, 2008, 07:41 PM »
I'm still sooo excited from today i dunno where to start  :laugh:

Firstly a huge thanks to Tony, Justin and Terry, you have done yourselves and Hersden proud this year.  Today was the biggest turnout ever including posties which is wicked, i think 126 riders for a club series race on a "play" track is awesome and a testement to the hard work you guys put in year in year out.

Keep it up guys, i'n confident it'll be the only track i'll get round on a zimmer when i'm 90  :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Lots of little kids, some outstanding rides from our newbies Joe in 5 + under  :smitten: and dad James in cruisers (you did scare me shitless tho James)  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Josh winning the series ROCKED and Emmanuel's 2nd today  :shocked: he's figured out what pedals are for  :LolLolLolLol:

Seeing the other half finally looking near normal on a track was far too cool  8) :smitten:

Seeing the brothers Wonfor in their first duel was wicked, Sam's out for blood next time tho  :laugh:

Highlight for me tho was the presentation, 3 of the nicest peeps i know taking over the podium  :smitten:, James Humps #1, Matt Humps #2 and old fart Humps #3 (lilly-anne says u rock  :-*)

Only sad point of the day was Neil Grants crash, looked to be getting over injury and then ambulance was called and he was whipped of to A & E, hope u'r OK mate, went down fightin bloody hard mate, let us know how u are when ya get in.

Top Day  :daumenhoch:

Bring on the Hersden Series 2009  :4_17_5:

TK The Mic

HERSDEN TODAY
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2008, 08:14 PM »
A very big thank you to all those who came today. Those of you who were there will know that we smashed our record attendance with 126 riders taking part. Congrats to those who got trophies, it has been our best year yet, and 2009 might even be better.
Hope that those who crashed out are now ok, especially Mr Magoo, who sadly had to go hospital after a crash in the semi for O/S.
Glad everyone enjoyed it and we will be back soon.
TK

bmx-796

Re: HERSDEN TODAY
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2008, 08:19 PM »
had a great day thanks

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2008, 08:21 PM »
You dont need to thank us mate, we should all be thanking you.

Hersden rocks, and its all because of the effort you, Justin and Terry put in.

It was a great meeting today, and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

Cant wait till 2009 when I can Hersden race properly again :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

eloopnai

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 08:28 PM »
last time i was at hersden my boy made me buy about 50 raffle tickets  :LolLolLolLol:
any chance of the winning numbers being put up so he can see if hes won please as hes on my case here :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Tony, Justin and Terry have done another amazing job this season and the success of the Hersden series has been down to you guy's an your hard work. So a big thank you from me.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 08:48 PM »

Laters.  Humps

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Hersden Today
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Not sure how I posted the pic twice so here's some text instead - thank God for the "Modify" facility!!  We all had a great time today and I wasn't last in every race!!  I won't mention who I beat, well only if I have to!!  Great meeting with some superb racing.  Terrific that almost £700 was raised for Cancer Research UK and well done to Katie for her fund-raising effort.  Thanks to Justin, Tony & Terry for all their hard work put into the Summer Series which has been rewarded with a terrific turnout today.  Well done to the posties for their efforts today and hopefully they enjoyed themselves and now better understand what their colleagues get up to at the weekends.  Humps
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:14 PM by Humps00 »

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2008, 08:53 PM »
A long time ago, in a land far away!

spike371

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2008, 08:59 PM »
Was my racing debut today, and i had a great time  8)

Thanks to all involved, and hope all that took a tumble are ok  :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Thanks to Hersden for putting on another top event.  The work you guys put in to keep your small BMX company growing is pretty amazing.

And well done to the Humps family on their 123.  As said above, thoroughly deserved for the way you guys support/promote BMX and just get on with things with the minimum of fuss and always with a smile.  It will be a real loss to the South region when you guys move to the South West.

mr.magoo

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2008, 09:15 PM »
Top days racing, was having the best time since i've been back, doing two classes, and didn't feel any issues with fitness, in fact i was absolutely buzzing.

I couldn't belive how quick i got used to the cruiser and was having major fun with that, tbh that was THE one i wanted to win today. But that showed, cos didn't practise enough on the old school and gates on those werent quite as good as usual, hence me trying too hard and having the win or bin attitude in the semi. PS Ratty, sorry if i got a bit close to the camera down the back straight, choose my line started to give it some, looked up and all i could see was you leaning into the track with you camera! Dunno if it scarred you, but i remember jumping the doubles thinking I hope tony moves or this is gonna hurt. In the end it did, but all in a days race.

Big up to the Hersden team, great day, trophies are fantastic and my lad is over the moon with his :4_17_5: roll on next season. I love that track....so does my body armour, always wants to get down and dirty with it. :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2008, 09:20 PM »
Sounds like you all had a ball sorry i missed it.....

so who won??? 

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2008, 09:23 PM »
Darren Boughton came 1st, I was 2nd and Stupps was 3rd.

Just want to say it was great to see Chris Peel racing again and showing that he'd not lost anything in his absence.

mr.magoo

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2008, 09:28 PM »
just needs to learn to bunny hop again :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2008, 09:28 PM »
who is darren boughton?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 09:31 PM »
He's a 40+ cruiser rider that started in old school at Hersden and won the championship in 2005.

spillers#1

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Buckmore bat  :daumenhoch: still races his original goose from the old days  :)

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2008, 07:20 AM »
Glad to see you weren't there yesterday Lee or I might not have got my podium Series place - thanks, I owe you!!  Where are the photos everyone??  Humps

JamesC

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 08:50 AM »
Another great days racing at the little track. I had fun in the cruisers banging elbows with Mike.

Well done Humps clan.

jazzyje

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2008, 08:55 AM »
this is what its all about :)

posties lining up

« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 08:58 AM by jazzyje »

mr.magoo

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Thats brilliant Justin, wish i could have been there for the presentation to see my lads face when he got his.

Well done mate keep up the good work :daumenhoch:

nishiki14

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2008, 09:43 AM »
What a fantastic day as always, in 28 years ive been to so many tracks I cant remember but Hersden is my very FAVOURITE :smitten:
As usual the lads have put on an excellent event and if im only allowed to race at one track next year, it will be at Hersden, Mr Magoo, I dont know what to say fella, missed ya in the B final mate, hope your on the mend now though, Ratty starting to look like his old self on the track now, rear gunner 796 not being the only one to be locked on to my rear wheel and what can I say about my Big Bruv.................sand bagger!!! Looked sketchy as fook in practice, same again in his first masters race then all of a sudden exploded out of the gate in his first old school race took 3 2nds and made the semi at the first time of asking then we met in the B finals of the Masters and the Old School, I took first blood but he got me in the Old School :4_17_5:
Good to have you back bruv and I cant wait till next year at Hersden, thanks guys :daumenhoch:

Tony 1-4

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Well what can I say, I was extremely nervous when I got there as this was my first race in 25 years (not including the 20 yard dash in 1 moto at Braintree eh Crooch?). I felt very unsteady and almost decided not to race. Think it was the width of the track, it felt a bit small for an 18 stoner like me and after having quite a nasty tumble at Braintree I began to think twice. Sooooo glad I didn't bottle out. I had a fantastic day which has certainly given me the bug again. I would have been extremely happy just to have got through the motos, but to have done 2 classes (thanks for nuffing bruv, I'll get you back later!!) semis and 2 finals (9 races in all) and not come off in one was a feat in itself. Very pleased with the 3 x 2nd places in the motos, but the highlight of the day was showing my little bruv what it's all about in the final! I'm back with a vengeance. Just 5 stone to lose and a bit of training.

Well done the Humps boys!

Here is the photobucket link Humps, well done mate. http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo335/wonfor/The3Humps.jpg

sidman10001

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2008, 11:50 AM »
 :wtf: i was working and missed a great day.

next time

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hersden Today

gfxgfx
gfx gfx