gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 02:29 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  haro
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: haro  (Read 738 times)

graeme-10

haro
« on: September 12, 2008, 12:47 PM »
 hi all my name is graeme and new to the forum .i used to ride a haro sport in the early 80s ,it was my pride and joy,after hauling it around for the next ten years while in the army a finally sold in in 94 to one of those door to door bods which will buy almost anything.think it went gor about £50  :'(.i have now left the army and have two boys which both ride at x mas this year i managed to get hold of a haro sport re issue for my eldest lad, when it arrived ohhhhhhhh dear i wanted my haro back.i went on flea bay and could not believe the amount they were going for well out of my price range any way.so i thought i would try and put one together on the cheap (not)i started off by buying an 88 sport frame and forks from daz (orgasmdoner).he had it  powdered white and stickered up to look like an early sport which looked realy good.then i started adding my own bits. by the way you cant do it on the cheap  :laugh: running total is about £350 and well over £400 including post.still got to change chain ring, spider ,stem and try and find some bloody fork standers (any out there?)  >:( any way so far aint looking too bad wot ya think?
thanks for reading and long live old school bmx
g......

« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 01:56 PM by graeme-10 »

vdubferret

Re: haro
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Gra, a very tidy build yuo have there, almost mirroring my own (but yours looks tidier!), down to the buying a later one & powdering up like an early.

What stem are you trying to get then as you look to have a period piece on yours? Nice wheels & tyre combo that.  :daumenhoch:

graeme-10

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 01:23 PM »
ello m8 realy lookin at redline, tuff neck that sort of thing   :daumenhoch:
g...

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 02:03 PM »
Wonderful job mate, favourite bikes of all time the Haro's, love em  :smitten: :smitten:  :daumenhoch:

adeshere

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 01:20 AM »
not sure about the new school colour scheme !

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 07:39 AM »
Nice build, looks great  :4_17_5:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2008, 11:05 AM »
tiz lookin more in keeping white than yellow :daumenhoch: welcome to the site dude, good to see the old machine again :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  haro

gfxgfx
gfx gfx