gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 03:47 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bored with it ????????????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Bored with it ????????????  (Read 1304 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Bored with it ????????????
« on: September 11, 2008, 07:19 PM »
Any of you guys ever got stuck in the rut of building.

I'm in it at the at the moment, my current build is coming to an end and despite having the bits here to finish it off  i really can't be arsed.
I've built three old school bikes in nine months and maybe this is why i'm feeling like this, too many to soon ?????

I have a Hutch F+F set in the attic i want to build but i can't even look at it when i go up there for whatever reason.

Any of you guys ever felt like this and what did you do to get enthusiastic enough again to carry on with your projects.

:-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :'( :'(
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Re: Bored with it ????????????
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 07:22 PM »
Yeah sometimes, I think its the lack of parts you're after when you're most excited can ruin things a bit, but when they are done and even people pop round who isn't into BMX and go wow! then it makes it all worthwhile. Stick with it Andy all will be ok.... now build that Hutch!  :knuppel2: ;D ;)

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 07:53 PM »
I aint bought anything for a while and dont intend building anymore in the near future ,Im just tweaking what ive got ..........IMHO the scenes gone stale  :-\
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline brass monkey!

• BMX Overlord
  • BRASS MONKEY, JUNKIE, THAT FUNKY MONKEY !
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55 PM »
I aint bought anything for a while and dont intend building anymore in the near future ,Im just tweaking what ive got ..........IMHO the scenes gone stale  :-\

same for me too, selling more than i'm buying too !  :(
MONKEYBISCUITS RIP !!

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 07:55 PM »
I really can't be asked with building either  :shocked:  I've still got the same four unfinished builds I had six months ago  :uglystupid2: 

I need to ease off from buying and restoring the survivor stuff ... then I might have less distraction and get something else done  ???

Offline Waxintaxin

• Team Owner
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 07:59 PM »
swings and roundabouts

You get bored , you either quit it ,or come back to it . I always come back I guess some people move into other things

There are certainly parts being sold more at the mo , and prices are falling so i gues its on the wane for some,but the member ship grows all the time so I guess some will stay

same in all hobbys i reckon

steve Beech TA

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 08:08 PM »
I have felt like that a few times (done four bikes and two on the go in 9 months), For me its more prevalent when i have blown a load of cash on parts and then feel guilty afterwards as i think i could have done this that and the other with the children or made life in general less stressful if i had the cash. But at the same time they dont go withought. I do think though, for me its down to cash and justifying it in my own mind.

A big factor for me is how tired i am, i had a hectic weekend in Prague celebrating passing my nursing finals, when i came home i could not even look at them. its all down to how i feel, but it think this is even down to cash once again. generally sometimes its just another hassle i dont need.

But for saying the above, i love it! I enjoy talking to you lot and have met and almost met, if i was not late, some sound chaps. and to finish a build is just mint.

hope i aint board you lot with this lot

Steve :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 08:20 PM »
to get bored is very normal
after a while the juices will start to flow with new  ideas   we all get bored

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 08:32 PM »
Yeah same here I often have a build on the go for 5 Months or more until I finally get round to finishing it.

I have about 5 builds on the go at the moment all at various stages. I never consider anything truely finished as everything can always be tweeked and improved in some way or another.

Stick with it I say, just take a break for a while and come back to it later on.

bodamus :)

dct

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2008, 08:36 PM »
i had about 7 -lost the love so  sold the fookin lot apart from a couple of bikes about a year ago
definately no more building bikes for me - tweaked the two i have -

they are in the loft covered over with a quilt - i havent even clapped eyes on them for months   :idiot2:

still like the banter and what people are building on here and come on most nights to see whats going on

just never type "old bmx" on ebay uk/com any more or Diamond Back - those keys were worn out on my keyboard about 4 years ago - funny how things change - i think the buzz was really the hunt for parts for the ET,Leary turbo and praying that a turbolite would arrive from the states that i paid an american for outside of ebay
once they were all done i stood back after a while and though whats the fookin point  :idiot2:

still love bmx and bmx bikes just in moderation now

subversion

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2008, 09:04 PM »
Whilst I don't build old skool BMX's like a lot of you guys, I'm always tinkering with a bike of some description! I build new bikes for local people if they are putting a new ride together & lately I've restored an American beach cruiser. At present I'm in the process of rebuilding my 1993 Kona MTB. I find different sryles of bike tend to keep things fresh :daumenhoch: Oh & going out & riding the damn things is always a bonus too >:D

Bikes are in my blood - always have been, always will be :)

munners

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2008, 09:12 PM »
Trust me aswell. I got sick of it as i had too much on the go. Now they are all done i am thinking of doing another one. :buck2:

Im enjoying tweeking my builds. They are nearly all there and i cant wait to get pics up of them finished.

What am i gonna do when i am finished.....i dont know!

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2008, 09:22 PM »
yep bored off it but then again i can`t build any bikes as no room and trying to build my garage and i might actual start on my 20 projects that sit here doing bugger all in bits when garage built but who knows might flog the lot one day
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2008, 10:08 PM »
me myself im not bored by it,but it has only been 2 months since i got back into bmx.However i do agree with steve beach ta,done £1500 in 8 weeks and think how i could have spent that money on the wife and me 2 kids,especially now  me work is a little bit up in the air,but glad im back in to it
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline PHIPPSIO

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2008, 10:19 PM »
I agree with subversion, i just love messing with bikes. I have never questioned it, just enjoyed it. Some people like classic cars, some collects stamps, some crazies  :idiot2: even collect raleight buners i have heard  :2funny:

I always have needed a practical hobby and this suits me. I spend a lot on it(too much like most of us), i get a lot out of it. Its not a short term thing for me and i may even start restoring old mtb's one day ...its just bikes  :) .........doesnt have to end and you dont have to give it up but you dont have to stay surgically connected to your computer 24/7 to be an enthusiast either.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 12:59 PM »
i get bored as fook building, fookin hate it, but ive sold almost everything im never gonna use and only been building bikes i can actually ride n race in the os series, over the last year and thats kept me interested, im building my last build at the mo and im actually enjoying this one as its (hopefully) gonna be a bit mental and gonna get used, although it could turn out to be the biggest pile of shite anybody has ever seen, we'l see :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 01:14 PM »
A Burner
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 01:19 PM »
NO SI

A KUWAHARA  HA HA HA HA

R

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 06:31 PM »
Good read this, at least i know i'm not on my own and it's a normal situation.

One of my bikes is still sat in the hall doing nothing but gathering dust and getting in the wife's way when she's hoovering.  :LolLolLolLol:
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

zed4130

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 06:46 PM »
I love bike's and always will , but no tweak time these days or sadly time to ride, plus not one bmx other than corals 2, ive got my fixed gear and my road bike and im happy with that, i sold alot of my bikes recently, had no choice , a few money problems, i come on here now and then, tbh ive got bored of bmx at the mo , i love OS but all too pricey these days, bmx is part of my cycling history, ill always love it,  :)
paul

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 07:10 PM »
Like everyone else has said, it's peaks and troughs. Some will sell it all and never come back - some will be back time and time again when the 'fire burns' in you to finish one you've started or build something different.

I've moved on to other things as well, but still love my old school and come back here for the usual abuse as well as 'stoking my fire'  :LolLolLolLol:

subversion

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2008, 08:22 PM »
I love bike's and always will , but no tweak time these days or sadly time to ride, plus not one bmx other than corals 2, ive got my fixed gear and my road bike and im happy with that, i sold alot of my bikes recently, had no choice , a few money problems, i come on here now and then, tbh ive got bored of bmx at the mo , i love OS but all too pricey these days, bmx is part of my cycling history, ill always love it,  :)
paul

Thought I'd not seen much of you here lately Zed, did you finish that Yeti stylee project you were working on recently dude? Was looking forward to seeing that :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=66330.0

zed4130

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2008, 08:32 AM »
paul

Thought I'd not seen much of you here lately Zed, did you finish that Yeti stylee project you were working on recently dude? Was looking forward to seeing that :daumenhoch:

http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=66330.0

sadly not mate , i had to sell that and a few more of my bikes to help out over the summer hols,  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Bored with it ????????????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx