gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 10:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Best brake pads for Tuffs?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Best brake pads for Tuffs?  (Read 1490 times)

superjimbo

Best brake pads for Tuffs?
« on: September 11, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Hi,

I'm new to this site so apologies as I reckon this question has probably been asked and answered before. I'm doing up a mid 80's GT performer to ride and wondered what brake pads work the best with Skyway Tuff 2's these days? They are white if that makes any difference. I've seen some proper Tuff pads on a couple of websites, also seen some cool-stops who apparently made the Skyway pads. I've also seen some much longer cool-stops (similar to the later tuff pads) which are "new" rather than NOS but I presume these are meant for modern metal rims? There are some on ebay "skyway style" but god know who makes them.

I just want the best stoppage for me dosh.

Cheers

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Best brake pads for Tuffs?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2008, 12:57 PM »
white tuff pads would be best but are quite expensive! unless you go for the larger freestyle tuff pads

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2008, 01:11 PM »
if you can get the skyway freestyle pads with the little "s" on em they work awesome also the white dia-compe pads work as well as tuff pads too, vans pads, koolstop etc for a rider, the tuff copy pads work really well but they wear down in front of your eyes, literally,  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 01:41 PM »
I have found the Skyway Elongated Pads to be a rubbish but then again maybe they weren't bedded in properly.

I used White Dia-Compe pads on my white tuffs and they were a lot better!!  :daumenhoch:

superjimbo

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 02:40 PM »
I remember the old copy pads wearing out in about 17 seconds so I reckon I'll give them a miss. I've seen some of the Vans pads fairly cheap on a website somewhere, maybe Vert-ego or Alans.
Can anyone recommend a shop for the Skyway freestyle or Dia-compe blocks?

ROX

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 03:26 PM »
I have 2 pairs of Dia Compe white brake blocks that I'm never going to use.

Make me an offer!  ;)

superjimbo

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2008, 06:08 PM »
P.M. sent

spesh

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2008, 10:05 PM »
those demolition white pads from custom riders work really well as ive got them with some black tuffs on my haro
and with tech 77s you get really good modulation too

superjimbo

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Couldn't find any Demolition pads on the Custom Riders website, they do the Cool-Stop Vans pads though which is good to know for the future. Found the Demolition one's on Winstanley's and might try them in the future but have some Dia-Compe's on the way so there's no massive panic anymore. Cheers

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Best brake pads for Tuffs?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx