gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 19, 2024, 07:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Early 80's action part 3
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Early 80's action part 3  (Read 4015 times)

grp4

Early 80's action part 3
« on: September 10, 2008, 10:00 AM »
Carrying on from yesterdays pics,Ipswich Landseer 1981

Ipswich 1982

1982 again in winter,used to be bloody cold there.I think that might be Sean Mcdonough in the Kuwhara gear.

First day on my new pk ripper summer 1983

Winter early 1984,pk had to go(broke the rear chain stay)first day out with new quad and race gear.happy days

Team shot of us at ipwsich about 1982.From left to right Adam welley RIP,Tony Hyre(Torker top) poor guy had some nasty injuries including broken collar bone twice and a serious broken knee which kept him in bed for months,Cliff Welley(Kuwhara top),Sid Salisbury(Skyway top),me standing next to him(Reece)and up the other end in the Redline top Paul Hyre

Three sisters 1983,never did like that track.Tony Holland is next to me on gate,and behind him is Martin Jose.

DR VINOAH

Re: Early 80's action part 3
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 04:28 PM »
ace pix

mad to see siddy on a DB
must of been pre SE days

and your quad very nice :coolsmiley:
is it biege or is it very muddy white??

Tony 1-4

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 09:27 PM »
2nd picture. thats my cousin (the other Tony Wonfor) with the 867 plate.

magna13

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 10:03 PM »
ace pix

mad to see siddy on a DB
must of been pre SE days

muddy white  :daumenhoch:

grp4

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 08:46 AM »
ace pix

mad to see siddy on a DB
must of been pre SE days

i knew sid form 1981
after the db he was a gt rider,not many people know that!
my quad was "wash betty white" i think thats what se called it and im sure sid took my lead on riding se products!!

fouronethreeoh!

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Good pics

Used to race Ipswich regionals from about 85 to 89

Havent found any of my old pics of there yet though

grp4

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:31 AM »
Good pics

Used to race Ipswich regionals from about 85 to 89

Havent found any of my old pics of there yet though

i think the track is a fair bit different now from the good old classic days  :rant:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 12:04 PM »
Great pics.  I raced at Ipswich in the early 80s.  I've also got some footage on film which I should upload, includes Mike Pardon and John Lee, Mike has just crashed but finished.  What I remember, if I've got the right track, is the jumps where small but vicious and not that easy to ride (not for a little powder puff like me anyway).

kdubbmx

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 10:53 PM »
Great pics.  I raced at Ipswich in the early 80s.  I've also got some footage on film which I should upload, includes Mike Pardon and John Lee, Mike has just crashed but finished.  What I remember, if I've got the right track, is the jumps where small but vicious and not that easy to ride (not for a little powder puff like me anyway).

Look forward to seeing that as if those two guys are in i should be!! I do remember racing them there once & i think Mike did crash & i won so i'd love to see it!!!

The jumps were all small but quite steep so you probably got the right track.  :)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 07:32 AM »
I loved the Landseer track and it was the track I had my last race on before getting injured and then retiring.

Great pics
A long time ago, in a land far away!

grp4

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 10:11 AM »

Look forward to seeing that as if those two guys are in i should be!! I do remember racing them there once & i think Mike did crash & i won so i'd love to see it!!!

The jumps were all small but quite steep so you probably got the right track.  :)
If my memory serves me right we went there for a meeting and they had removed the table top and put the biggest ,steepest speed jump i had ever ridden on ,this would have been down the second straight,it was scary when i was a small boy :LolLolLolLol:

Offline LucyLastic

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 03:55 PM »

I'll dig it out...stay tuned... :)

grp4

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 10:07 PM »

I'll dig it out...stay tuned... :)
champion         like to see that

Offline kdw712

• 900 Air
    • kdw712 bmx adventures in old school
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 08:50 PM »
lovin the pics  :daumenhoch:
cheers Kev
{ wanted : "Red Haro Handle" brake lever link to my trade post }

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Early 80's action part 3

gfxgfx
gfx gfx