gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 09:15 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Jam '08 Re-mix
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Pepi Jam '08 Re-mix  (Read 964 times)

Jamie C

Pepi Jam '08 Re-mix
« on: August 20, 2008, 11:28 AM »

Anyone wishing to come along is welcome.  It turned out to be pretty fun last year and we're a bit better organised this year since there's no funeral to worry about......although we need to raise around a grand for his headstone.  In keeping with the great man himself, there will be no seriousness with events including;

-Pepi's Candy Bar carnival.
-Dan McGeary superman challenge.
-Deathrace 2008 giant footdown (again). Winners get 10 points.
-All four people on one bike race.
-Long jump to flat.
-Fancy dress (10 bonus points).
-Bar hump.
-Longest 'California' roll back.
-Most dangerous footjam whip (*aka Pepi off the top off a car park)
-Lorenzo's Peacock to flat on the spine award. 
-Longest bunny hop over team mates.
>The Dom Mach crash of the day (50 bonus points)

Teams of 3 or 4 with one person from each team in each event.....we can team people up but a RAD BMX team would be cool!!!

steve1275

Re: Pepi Jam '08 Re-mix
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 05:59 PM »
nice one jamie

should be a laugh..

team likely construction will take part :LolLolLolLol:

steve

keyhole kid

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 10:25 PM »
i,ll take part if theres a cake eating contest

Jamie C

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 09:42 AM »
No cake eating. We're thinking about some challenges involving alcohol;

Possibly the person that can acquire the cheapest 2ltr bottle of cider (and drink it) within peddling distance of the park.....or may be the person that stash the most tins on their person without anyone noticing.

It's weird to think he was still riding this time last year.

RADHAB

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 12:57 AM »
An up date for as long as i was there.......what a day, set off to Horsham in the rain at 11am, got caught up in some idiots attempt at the car rolling suicide olympics on the M25, why do people slow down to see whats happened on the other side of the cariagway?? Nobheads! and if you are one of them your a big fat time wasting nobheads too, so dont f**king do it!!! Anyhow Jamie calls me and says dont go to Horsham skatepark its a tad waterlogged, now the jam is going to be held in a field in a marquee!! How Rad is the thought of that? a jam in a marquee i thought.....so the directions were taken on board and off i set towards the new location.
On the way i called up some oldschool support in the form of my long suffering vert riding of the 80's companion the Bish who proved to be an invaluable colleague in the events that were about to take place..................Yeah right!!!!
So eventually Bish and i meet up and find the new location, what a place!! in the middle of nowhere and waiting to be thrashed to Radness in true Pepi style, we were directed to a farm with a field and a marquee with some ghetto ramps....mmmm nice! So we start to help put up the marquee and at this point it has stopped raining, i am offered some wellies (RESULT I CAN TELL YOU!!) and we crack on with building a most impressive errection......it isnt long before the Bish decides he has to make a trip to"The Shops" and all the other help has other bits and bobs to do leaving me in the field putting the final touches to the marquee...in the rain...alone....in the mud, so i carried on making the marquee when Jamie (The marquee owner) bowls up and says "Dude its all a bit wet and we're gonna go for the barn instead" so we walked from the now soggy marquee and the now soggy Radhab.
Then a magical gust of wind comes along and picks 30 feet of marquee and dumps it on its arse.....1 minute after i walked away from it!!! Anyway's the jam is then to be held in the barn that originally housed the Marquee components but by this time lots of cool riders have turned up and started to help clear the debris of the wreckage that was the marquee, great effort lads in getting it all packed up etc.
 So eventually we got some ghetto shit going down in the barn with lovely leathal ramps that could give anyone a nice dose of tetnas!

In a nutshell.........................i have ridden many ramps, many riders have comanded respect from me and deservedly so

1 Year ago nearly i lost a friend through 1 thing or another................thats life but whatever you do guys and girls  have fun and enjoy yourself too the max!

xxx
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:36 AM by RADHAB »

Guillotte

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 02:41 AM »
An up date for as long as i was there.......what a day, set off to Horsham in the rain at 11am, got caught up in some idiots attempt at the car rolling suicide olympics on the M25, why do people slow down to see whats happened on the other side of the cariagway?? Nobheads! and if you are one of them your a big fat time wasting nobheads too, so dont f**king do it!!! Anyhow Jamie calls me and says dont go to Horsham skatepark its a tad waterlogged, now the jam is going to be held in a field in a marquee!! How Rad is the thought of that? a jam in a marquee i thought.....so the directions were taken on board and off i set towards the new location.
On the way i called up some oldschool support in the form of my long suffering vert riding of the 80's companion the Bish who proved to be an invaluable colleague in the events that were about to take place..................Yeah right!!!!
So eventually Bish and i meet up and find the new location, what a place!! in the middle of nowhere and waiting to be thrashed to Radness in true Pepi style, we were directed to a farm with a field and a marquee with some ghetto ramps....mmmm nice! So we start to help put up the marquee and at this point it has stopped raining, i am offered some wellies (RESULT I CAN TELL YOU!!) and we crack on with building a most impressive errection......it isnt long before the Bish decides he has to make a trip to"The Shops" and all the other help has other bits and bobs to do leaving me in the field putting the final touches to the marquee...in the rain...alone....in the mud, so i carried on making the marquee when Jamie (The marquee owner) bowls up and says "Dude its all a bit wet and we're gonna go for the barn instead" so we walked from the now soggy marquee and the now soggy Radhab.
Then a magical gust of wind comes along and picks 30 feet of marquee and dumps it on its arse.....1 minute after i walked away from it!!! Anyway's the jam is then to be held in the barn that originally housed the Marquee components but by this time lots of cool riders have turned up and started to help clear the debris of the wreckage that was the marquee, great effort lads in getting it all packed up etc.
 So eventually we got some ghetto shit going down in the barn with lovely leathal ramps that could give anyone a nice dose of tetnas!

In a nutshell.........................i have ridden many ramps, many riders have comanded respect from me and deservedly so........however.............dont anyone call themselves Oldschool here or in the future mofo's when you all get it sorted.

1 Year ago nearly i lost a friend through 1 thing or another................thats life and dvd. Get to Camden guys and girls and lets have fun but whatever you do enjoy yourself and have fun.

xxx

I.too. enjoy building impressive erections...sorry drunk right now.Fuggin' awesome attitude LOL

and I miss the ever-smiling Pepi  :'(
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 02:42 AM by Guillotte »

Jamie C

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Hey Steve, things got a bit loose after you left. A bunch of other people turned up for the evening resulting in a scene slightly reminiscent of the Lost Boys, except everyone was wasted. The police showed up at 3.30am and there were people still partying when I left around 7am.....it was a pretty wild scene, I am Pepi would have loved it if he'd still been about. Hopefully next year we'll return to the original cheese jam format if the weather is a little better!!!!

Hey Greg - we all miss Pepi man. It would be cool to see you rolling round a ramp again though!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Pepi Jam '08 Re-mix

gfxgfx
gfx gfx