gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 12:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How do you fit a pitbull rear brake?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: How do you fit a pitbull rear brake?  (Read 551 times)

daz bmx it!

How do you fit a pitbull rear brake?
« on: September 08, 2008, 05:19 PM »
Does it fit on lugs? can I use it to replace the crap tektro brake on my cruiser? lmk asap please :daumenhoch:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
Re: How do you fit a pitbull rear brake?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2008, 05:21 PM »
it fits on like a regular old school brake of sorts ,same place same whole  ,  the cam in the middle gets pulled back by the cable and engages the brake

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 05:39 PM »
Make sure it's nice & flat to the seatstays, so it doesn't flex at all. Grease the sides of the cam and the block at the back of it.
If at all possible, ditch the arm and adjuster. Use a pozi-stop seatclamp if you can locate one:

Out of the box, I didn't rate them at all, but with good brake blocks and no flexy arm robbing you of stopping-power they're surprisingly good.
Mine's mounted on the chainstays of my StreetBeat, like a 990. The cable's routed through holes I drilled in the frame (sorry, purists).
Works really well.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 06:22 AM »
Upshot though Daz is you can't fit it to brake lugs; it mounts like a regular caliper brake  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

daz bmx it!

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 03:06 PM »
cheers marty,I need summat to go on my redline cruiser with lugs,(the cruiser does however have a brake bridge but thought it would look shite as youd still see the lugs?) that will actually stop me! without breaking the bank :D the pitbull looked a solid brake hence the questions as I've never had one on any bike I can remember ;)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2008, 03:15 PM »
they are really good brakes and no where near as difficult to set up as legend would have it, easier than standard brakes once you sit back and think about it, they just look complicated :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2008, 03:17 PM »
Try an Odyssey A Brake, cheap and very effective and fits straight onto brake lugs, Stodgy was selling a few a while back but he might have some left otherwise there are usually loads on egay  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  How do you fit a pitbull rear brake?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx