gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 04:24 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  dagg race today!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: dagg race today!!!!  (Read 1284 times)

jazzyje

dagg race today!!!!
« on: September 07, 2008, 05:39 PM »
another good day at dagg today.its a shame not many of us get to race there but just to let all the crew at dagg know their hard work is appreciated.me and mr magoo had a blast with some freindly racing and elbow rubbing.
   good to see rod stretching his legs and looking quick straight away.magoos gates are getting seriously snappy.3 weeks since my daggers rectull violation but i'm back to full strength now and a good leg stretch was what was needed.
    cheers,justin.

mr.magoo

Re: dagg race today!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 05:50 PM »
Second that Justin, had a great day, Big up to Rod, he was well fast for his first race back, Old School beware!!! Looking forward to seeing actual results, cos don't really understand Grands Prix system fully, and so many different results of the 4 races don't really know who came where?

Absolutely loved that final, Can't wait to get my cruiser!!! so looking forward to getting in on that action!!!

Well done to all at Dagenham, and thanks for another great Sunday :4_17_5:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 05:58 PM by mr.magoo »

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 06:39 PM »
SOUNDS YOU ALL HAD FUN :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

I JUST SLEPT ON COUCH YAWN YAWN

RUSS :-\

mr.magoo

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Yeah it was a real blast, and nice cos not too serious either, in fact i gave up and rolled round in two moto's :daumenhoch:

But other than Justin on his 24" i did what matters in the final, and Justin was only a metre or two up the track..so much fun!!!

But still want to know what the actual result was in grans prix terms.....please BADBMX?

Twinkle

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 08:07 PM »
Thanks guys for your positive comments, glad you enjoyed your day  :)

Caroline has given me a copy of the print out for today:

Cruiser

Justin Esson 47.0 points (currently 3rd in series)
Steve Mahon 45.0 points (currently 7th in series)

Old School

Tony Riley 33.5 points (currently second in series)
Paul Coleman 35.5 points (currently fourth in series)
Neil Grant 39.5 points (currently eigth in series)
Craig Rod 38.0 points (currently ninth in series)

Hope that helps until Caroline posts the official file  :)

Sharon xx

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 08:35 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys and thanks to Justin for letting me borrow his bike, arm now aches like an SOB. :idiot2:

mr.magoo

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Cheers Sharon, was trying to work it out in my head, but being that i rolled around for two moto's, didn't know who had come where in them. Thanks again for a great day!

rod

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2008, 10:00 PM »
Cheers BadBmx for a good one today had a lot of fun.

Nice to meet up with you Mr. Magoo, Justin and the crew.
I'm glad I braved the weather report for a good days action not a drop of rain till after the last race  :)
Hopefully I will have recovered from the full body work out for next Sunday at Hersden.

thecrooch

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Glad the weather held off while i was on flag waving duty.... :'(

oh and also thanks for all the mixed up results in each of the motos/final as think im still holding onto 1st place in the series.....  :shocked:

Good to meet you Rod (is it Craig Rod or Rod Craig??) Looking forward to rubbing elbows once my fingers have healed....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 04:58 PM by Crooch »

mr.magoo

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 05:14 PM »
Si, its Rod Craig, and looking at his performance for his first race back, think i'm gonna have trouble catching him to rub elbows :'(

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 08:20 AM »
lets see how he gets on when he's got the rest of us lumps to contend with!!!

mr.magoo

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 01:56 PM »
I agree, bit of an empty gate to line up on, but it amazed me that my gates were flying, and we were still meeting in the first corner, maybe i was holding back on the step-ups too much, or my bike trouble that i was worried about, so didn't go hell for leather, and that turned out to be loose crank ams, which i put right before the final, which i did give it a bit more in.

But he's a big lad, and there could be some first berm carniage (no not me again!!!please!!!) at Hersden?

And being that its half the length of Daggers Rod wont have to have a chunder break before finals  :LolLolLolLol:

and remember it was only a couple of months ago that people questioned my ability on an eight man full length track. I tip Rod for a good future.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:58 PM by mr.magoo »

KGB Matt

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 04:10 PM »
I agree, bit of an empty gate to line up on,

Unfortunately Neil that was due to too many people being fair weather riders who are afraid of a little rain.

I was there with Martin Parker,Dane Glock and 5/6 kids for an hour before racing making sure the track was drained and rideable and still people couldnt be bothered to get out of their nice warm beds.  :rant:

Next time i might actually bring my bike.  :daumenhoch:

Matt

mr.magoo

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2008, 04:15 PM »
Nice one matt, wasn't have a dig at Daggers, but big up to you and the guys clearing the track, good job you all did. What i meant was hard to judge Rod's pace, with just 4 of us old schoolers on the gate.

Agree with the fair weather bit, i used to love racing in the wet bitd, showed who had the leg power to push through it, and lets face it, if your a fair weather rider, chances are you won't get to race much in the summer either.

See you soon, keep up the good work :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2008, 04:17 PM »
I agree, bit of an empty gate to line up on,

Unfortunately Neil that was due to too many people being fair weather riders who are afraid of a little rain.

I was there with Martin Parker,Dane Glock and 5/6 kids for an hour before racing making sure the track was drained and rideable and still people couldnt be bothered to get out of their nice warm beds.  :rant:

Next time i might actually bring my bike.  :daumenhoch:

Matt

I would have been there earlier but i asked the wrong person, Quad Paul what time i should turn up to help and he told me 11!!

otherwise i could have watched you sweep up!!!  :LolLolLolLol:   Mind you asking the person who cant even get there in time for his first moto!!!

Gallant Job Matt - The track looked great after you and the others had sorted out the water....

you know if you bring your bike you do actually have to ride it!

KGB Matt

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Ahhhh   But which bike ....... Old school fool or the favoured 24" Safety cycle.

Matt

thecrooch

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2008, 04:19 PM »
Nice one matt, wasn't have a dig at Daggers, but big up to you and the guys clearing the track, good job you all did. What i meant was hard to judge Rod's pace, with just 4 of us old schoolers on the gate.

Agree with the fair weather bit, i used to love racing in the wet bitd, showed who had the leg power to push through it, and lets face it, if your a fair weather rider, chances are you won't get to race much in the summer either.

See you soon, keep up the good work :daumenhoch:

Neil - you think Herne Bay is hard now - wait and see what its like if it rains....  we'll have to get the iron lung out.....

Matt - seeing you on any bike is always a pleasure....

KGB Matt

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2008, 04:21 PM »
I didnt take it as a Dig Neil just pointing out that old men like to be tucked up in bed while kids just wanna Rideeeeeeee .

Matt

mr.magoo

« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2008, 04:22 PM »
no,no,no....i'll take the mesh out of the front of my helmet, and light up as the gate sequence starts, that keep me going, or if i stack it, it'll be a condor moment :4_17_5:

mind you nice thought a bit damp and slow going, (oh so many different options of saying something funny), might get over the jumps in one piece then :idiot2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  dagg race today!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx