gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:23 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  900
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 900  (Read 1379 times)

markatkins

« on: September 07, 2008, 08:19 AM »
I love this old footage,short but well worth a look.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3737759752122380869

Nice eh.....

DJ

Re: 900
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2008, 08:32 AM »
Unreal on those lil QP's huh? Dave Frame's new video has some great footage from Velodrome etc....
As you've been under a rock for a few years Mark did you get to see this?
?

markatkins

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 08:38 AM »
Yeah that no hand 9 was wrong!!
I followed bmx when quit riding so seen most things.That 9 and Bestwicks double whip flip thing must be 2 of the best tricks ever.Still cant figure out how Jamie made that!!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2008, 10:51 AM »

Nice eh.....

Well found Mark - never seen that before. German? On film?

Since it's got Dominguez and Big Fakies, Daz should turn up any minute..... :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2008, 06:37 PM »

Nice eh.....

Since it's got Dominguez and Big Fakies, Daz should turn up any minute..... :LolLolLolLol:

Gaz.....I've just nearly choked on my coffee with laughing....I fooking knew you'd have me bang to rights on this one!

You're a legend dude you keep me smiling!!  ;D

Daz.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2008, 10:31 PM by Flatcap »
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

rosscoe

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2008, 08:27 PM »
bonkers, too bloody talented that lad

bmxer4ever

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 10:23 PM »

Nice eh.....

Gaz.....I've just nearly choked on my coffee with laughing....I fooking knew you'd have me bang to rights on this one!

Daz.

That's ma job.... :LolLolLolLol:

Wait 'til you see me ride...

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2008, 05:20 PM »

Nice eh.....

Daz.

That's ma job.... :LolLolLolLol:

Wait 'til you see me ride...

I'll look forward to it mate, I'll be back up your way soon so we'll catch up. If we're riding though it'll probably have to be indoors now. Shall we just chalk fook on it and go for a few bevvies?  >:D

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

DJ

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2008, 05:50 PM »
check out harry main from a while back... this kid fires off 9's with ease.........

/>
Mark Webb is also a 900 master, he throws me flatspin style too!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2008, 06:20 PM »
check out harry main from a while back... this kid fires off 9's with ease.........

/>
Mark Webb is also a 900 master, he throws me flatspin style too!

I hear what you're saying DJ and Harry Main is one of my fav new school riders, and he's a nice kid to boot, but that's not quite the same as doing one 7' out or an 8'+ quarter, and it was 20 years ago.  :)

Still cool though....

Daz.

DJ

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2008, 07:08 PM »
oh for sure, totally agree. Just to air on them old QP's was bad enough let alone spin ANYTHING!!! I remember we had 1 built from pallets up our chalk quarry, bout 6ft wide at best, had to air perfect 180 or death... was fookin hard as a 9/10yr old on a 20inch YES with Tuffs!!!

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2008, 07:29 PM »
oh for sure, totally agree. Just to air on them old QP's was bad enough let alone spin ANYTHING!!! I remember we had 1 built from pallets up our chalk quarry, bout 6ft wide at best, had to air perfect 180 or death... was fookin hard as a 9/10yr old on a 20inch YES with Tuffs!!!

Ha ha ha....I'm with you there.

Dave Slade had a quarter in his back garden which was about the same, it was mint because we used to start from the other side of a busy main road, when nowt was coming go for it, up his drive past his Dads car, making sure we didn't catch it, hang a very quick left followed by an even quicker right, through an arch way that was about 10mm wider than our bars so if you didn't get it right it was smashed hand city, up the quarter, do an air, come back down and then smack on the brakes to avoid said archway because you didn't get time to line up to go back through it. You tell the kids of today that and they won't believe you, they don't know they're born  ;D

Them were the days.

Daz.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Had to get up before we went to bed, clean the main road with our teeth, shine up the Dad's car as we went by with our skin, polish the archway with wur knuckes, then lick the quaeterpipe BEFORE we even ALLOWED to do an air....

Kids these days, don't know they're born...
;)

:LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  900

gfxgfx
gfx gfx