gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975641 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 10:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  brocken hip at 35
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: brocken hip at 35  (Read 1344 times)

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
brocken hip at 35
« on: January 20, 2006, 06:12 PM »
27 years of riding has caught up with me ,i have had a bad knee for a few months done the doctors and tabs nothing worked at chrismas my hip started getting sore just had xray done and doctor just rang and said my hip has crumbled and a big old split across the ball wellllllllllllllll jarred.

gmac

Re: brocken hip at 35
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 06:21 PM »
 :o  That's bad matey. Hope it mends ok for ya.  :daumenhoch:

I've had a few spells being out of action meself, and I know how you feel. I had my spine fused last year, and I'm only 34. Makes you feel like an old codger dunnit ?  :(

Best of luck bud

Guy   :)

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 07:07 PM »
cod liver oil :daumenhoch:
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

fuzzynod

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 07:12 PM »
Thats bad news dude :(
But dont despair do they think it will mend or is it spare parts time?
My Dad had his first replacement at 63 and was doing gym stuff exercises with his local football team for physio in 3 mths then he was right as ninepence.  :coolsmiley:
Remember your only as old as your mind thinks you are!
Good luck
Mark  46 going on 22  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2006, 07:19 PM »
they have not said alot till i have been for a scan but i have just got over a brain hemorage and i have a titanium clip in me brain so got to get the ok from nurosugeon in case i magnetise the scanner i am falling to bits,but chin up got a new build nearly done keeping me busy.

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2006, 07:32 PM »
bloke at our place hes 56 just had a double hip replacment he says his hips are better now than they have ever been
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2006, 07:50 PM »
watch out rom then.dreaming of hitting me old haunt got the greatest memories of that place ,just getting fed up now seems a dream away.

Offline Romswife

• Team Owner
  • Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2006, 08:09 PM »
my dad had a bad accident at 23 years old and shattered a lot of bones, this lead to athritis (sp) at a very early age, he had his first hip replacement in h is late 20's and has since had 14 hip replacements, and a knee replacement, we nicnamed him the bionic man.

after the first replacement he led pretty much a normal life, still kicking a ball around in the garden with my brother etc, that hip lasted 15 years and was told if he had taken things a bit easier it would have lasted alot longer.

dan-dare

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2006, 08:46 PM »
I've had the pleasure of observing a total hip replacement procedure in theatre dude. They are strong and you will ride again dude. :)

sam hudson

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 01:34 PM »
My best friend is an Orthapedic surgeon...he replaces them all the time,he says the same as above....they are good replacements and you should have as normal a life after a replacement as before...especially being so young. :coolsmiley:
Good luck matey

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  brocken hip at 35

gfxgfx
gfx gfx