gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 30, 2024, 11:55 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hatch Rad - Any Questions? Terry Jenkins?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hatch Rad - Any Questions? Terry Jenkins?  (Read 2513 times)

T Jenkins

Hatch Rad - Any Questions? Terry Jenkins?
« on: January 16, 2006, 03:54 PM »
Hatch Rad was my first purchase related to BMX even before I got a bike, and if you had a pair then your old school!!!

Billy Stup, what's up? Happy New Year, sorry I had to re-register I forgot my last log-on info, see what happens when you get old you start to forget small details...

Anyway as some of you may know if you read Andy's post I was back in England over the holidays. I always love coming back to the UK because now it's like a holiday, but this trip was especially great because I got to see my first and only UK team mate after 20 years. Well you know this was Andy Irwin and seeing him was great. After spending so much time with each other riding every day for years (even before Torker) doing so many shows together and competitions I felt like I was seeing my first girlfriend again after all those years!!!hahaha (Except Andy is bigger and uglier). All I can say that is that it was well overdue and to a large degree it really didn't feel as though 20 years had passed. Andy is awesome and he looks great despite being old like me.

I had also planned on seeing my other friend and riding partner Dave Young but unfortunately I was sick for some days and we had trouble coordinating due to my short time remaining plus Dave living the other side of England...next time Dave.

Mike Pardon...Andy said to me you told him my mum told you at a competition "my sons gonna beat you" sorry but I laughed when he told me this, after all these years you remembered that. I asked my mum if she said that and she didn't think she said anything like this, so I do apologize on her behalf if she did. I promise I've never asked her to intimidate competitors she must have been acting on her own!!!

Well I had briefly looked over some of the posts written and one question I read was did I ever jump out of the bowl onto the fence at Rathbone. Well the answer is yes but I don't think I was ever consistent until I got the Haro with a bash guard then I was able to really hang the front wheel over the fence and fakie it back in - but not before paying for it, wrecking my self every way possible.

If anyone has any questions I will do my best to answer them, maybe dispell some rumors, myths, urban legends etc

I want to wish everyone on RadBMX a Happy New Year!!!

Cheers - Terry Jenkins

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Hatch Rad - Any Questions? Terry Jenkins?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 04:15 PM »
Welcome back Terry, show us a pic of that nos Gen 1 again  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

theRuler

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 04:30 PM »
ay up tel
welcome to radbmx!

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 05:43 PM »
are you that bloke with long bald hair who took over from johnny morris on animal magic?

currio

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 05:48 PM »
Hey Terry, thanks for answering that one.
When my mate first told me about that, I was like....yeah, whatever, sure, course he did. He was the wind up of our little BMX gang, and thats the main reason for doubting him !
We used to ride down to Edge Lane from Huyton, about five or six of us.
We would hang out all day there, and then pedal back home, trying to keep up with the cars on the downhill part of the Lane.
Great days, pity I never saw your jump.
Saying that, the bowl is still there mate.............

theRuler

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 06:02 PM »
are you that bloke with long bald hair who took over from johnny morris on animal magic?

lol is that terry nutkins?

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 06:28 PM »
oh yeah, i reckon terry nutkins would have to have a mongoose or a vdc gorilla or a viper or sumthin anyway.

do you ride animals then terry? :D

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 06:30 PM »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

andy irwin

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2006, 06:39 PM »

lol is that terry nutkins'told you TJ
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 06:42 PM by billstup »

andy irwin

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 06:48 PM »
TJ Glad you made it mate

Mike Pardon is in Australia at the moment but he will get a kick out of your message , or I will for telling tales lol. ;D
Had a bit of an accident since I saw you and broke a few bones in my foot (tripped on the stairs) sad or what. I hope you are back into the swing of things in la la land and all is well with Vicky.

Andy

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2006, 06:58 PM »
welcome back fella.

Dave
haro, how do you do

Lazarou

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Oi Jenkins! get yer space bars out! among the best bars i ever owned!

T Jenkins

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 03:08 PM »
Alright lads thanks for the warm welcome and the responses

Andy how did you break your foot!!! My god and you didn't do it on a bike or skateboard...pathetic.  :idiot2:

lol is that terry nutkins?

No that's not me; Terry Nutkins is cool suave and sophisticated a ladies man if you will. Man about the town and a TV celebrity. I can't touch him! (Nor would I want to?)

Hey Terry, thanks for answering that one.
When my mate first told me about that, I was like....yeah, whatever, sure, course he did. He was the wind up of our little BMX gang, and that’s the main reason for doubting him!
We used to ride down to Edge Lane from Huyton, about five or six of us.
We would hang out all day there, and then pedal back home, trying to keep up with the cars on the downhill part of the Lane.
Great days, pity I never saw your jump.
Saying that, the bowl is still there mate.............

Hey Currio, so living in Huyton did we ever ride together? I had a girlfriend who lived in Huyton, a bit psycho but that describes most Scouse girls...fun but crazy!!!

Welcome back Terry, show us a pic of that nos Gen 1 again  :daumenhoch:

Cheers Billy!!!! I will have to dig the photo up again, I am out in Detroit right now for the North American Auto Show when I get back home I will post it.

Oi Jenkins! get yer space bars out! among the best bars i ever owned!

Hey Lazarou I was tempted a several years back to make a few of the GenII Space Bars I designed that never made it to market. There was a production error a the factory where the GenII bars were being made as the Haro/Space Bars exclusive for the UK market. A huge disappointment as you can imagine :(
I still have the last pair I ever used on a bike, I'll take picture and post it they are the candy apple blue and chrome colour.

Cheers everyone...

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 04:13 PM »
 :LolLolLolLol:

andy irwin

« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2006, 05:51 PM »
Hi  TJ

Yeah mate this is the first time I have had a injury of this sort just by walking  :10_2_12:.........I Tripped going down some stairs and boom shanka broke some little bones that hurt a lot . Its not bad though and I  will be back on the wheels in a few weeks.

Take it easy  Andy

Offline tricknuts

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2006, 08:27 PM »

Mike Pardon...Andy said to me you told him my mum told you at a competition "my sons gonna beat you" sorry but I laughed when he told me this, after all these years you remembered that. I asked my mum if she said that and she didn't think she said anything like this, so I do apologize on her behalf if she did. I promise I've never asked her to intimidate competitors she must have been acting on her own!!!

Terry. I think you should have your UKBFA points docked for that.   I always thought all the UKBFA comps were perfectly legit.. Next we'll discover that some pro riders were using performance enhancing drugs..  ;)

Seriously, warm welcome. Loved your airs, and those space bars. Great to have you on board.   Hope you can dig out some old photos for the rest of us to enjoy.
Cheers
"I've never stopped riding badly....and I never will"

mantadave

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 12:21 PM »
 :)welome back mate remember first seeing you at the three sisters in wigan.you were way a head of your time your still spoke
about today. : : your part of wigan foke law.the british bob haro :daumenhoch:

sadowdgit

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 12:32 PM »
watch that mantadave!!!!! .... he'll try to bum ya  :uglystupid2:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Hatch Rad - Any Questions? Terry Jenkins?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx