gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 11:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  10 years on?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 10 years on?  (Read 1984 times)

markatkins

10 years on?
« on: August 18, 2008, 08:35 PM »
just seen a clip of Anthony Napoliton pulling a triple whip flip!!!!!
Thinking back when most tricks now were not even in your dreams where will it stop?
Will there be a 5 whip flip'the 900 was was the spin of all spins now the 1080 is a reality.
Maybe squeeze another spin in?A 1440,sounds stupid eh but who knows.Trick i would love to see is a 900 tailwhip.
50ft mega ramp with Kagy doing a flip whip at 50ft......................................................?crazy thoughts

welsh denny

Re: 10 years on?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 10:38 PM »
i made a trick list when head first came out and wondered whether any would ever be done. some of them have and some havn't.

the whip to whip back was one of them and did try em on newport vert (in transition though) about 8 years ago. also tried the gay twist whip (with a freewheel)
- fakie 360 whip, around the same time. the latter i came close a few times. not 100% if this has been pulled yet?

some of the ones which have been pulled now are: VERT-1 hand  1 foot framestand air, double flair, barrel roll, flip to abubuca, triple whip, bloody boger air,no handed rocket, 540 whip. there were a fair few more but can't recall em all.

some still not done- VERT-frontflip fakie  lookback 900, 900 whip, superman 540, decade backflip , lazy boy, bar hop and onto front pegs and back, undertaker fakie. like i said some are ridiculus but who knows???

(also had an idea about forward rope/ flip over/ hitchiker/backpacker type link back in 1991 when phil dolan was living in cardiff same as  the darkside stuff chad degroot did in 1993. )

i think it may be easy enuf to think of possible tricks/links but to put em into practice is something else. now we have foampits, resi's etc anything is possible.

opposite 900's? switch foot inverts, 1 handed saran wrap 540's, backflip bunnyhops (!!!)  :LolLolLolLol:

remembered another- the can can/saran barspin air- like the step thru x up but swing the leg around the bar as you switch hands to turn it thru the last 180 before landing.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 11:16 PM by welsh denny »

Guillotte

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2008, 03:15 AM »
I remember having a really vivid dream bitd and saw people doing all kinds of crazy stuff. Since then it's all come to reality. I recently said to Lee that when I get older and my liver begins to fail, I want to get on a big air ramp and blast a huge 900 to turndown at 40 ft. Of course I've never tried a 900 but that's kind of the point. I changed my mind though. If it gets to that point, I'll simply roll down from the top, compress over the gap and puuuump my way up the tranny. Then I'll let loose with the most ridiculous spin ever :2funny:

If I get lucky enough to land facing forward AND not land at the bottom AND not land on the deck then it might be pretty cool. If not, well..at least I'll have died doing what I love.  ;)

markatkins

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2008, 09:28 AM »
i made a trick list when head first came out and wondered whether any would ever be done. some of them have and some havn't.

the whip to whip back was one of them and did try em on newport vert (in transition though) about 8 years ago. also tried the gay twist whip (with a freewheel)
- fakie 360 whip, around the same time. the latter i came close a few times. not 100% if this has been pulled yet?

some of the ones which have been pulled now are: VERT-1 hand  1 foot framestand air, double flair, barrel roll, flip to abubuca, triple whip, bloody boger air,no handed rocket, 540 whip. there were a fair few more but can't recall em all.

some still not done- VERT-frontflip fakie  lookback 900, 900 whip, superman 540, decade backflip , lazy boy, bar hop and onto front pegs and back, undertaker fakie. like i said some are ridiculus but who knows???

(also had an idea about forward rope/ flip over/ hitchiker/backpacker type link back in 1991 when phil dolan was living in cardiff same as  the darkside stuff chad degroot did in 1993. )

i think it may be easy enuf to think of possible tricks/links but to put em into practice is something else. now we have foampits, resi's etc anything is possible.

opposite 900's? switch foot inverts, 1 handed saran wrap 540's, backflip bunnyhops (!!!)  :LolLolLolLol:

[opposite 900s would look mad back to back]

christhejob

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 11:07 AM »
keep it quiet but bestwick has done opposite 9s.. so i heard.. ask mark webb or dj or someone....

emerbmx

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 04:36 PM »
I found this the other day.
flat stuff which doesn't look possible.

Not a valid vimeo URLg=embed&sec=1459529

g- turn manuals- pumping hang fives- its just ridiculous.

Guillotte

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 03:48 AM »

I was speechless for a good five minutes after watching that. Absolutely incredible. I love flat and respect those guys so much.

macky

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 04:25 AM »

It's Amazing how far flatland has advanced!!

still amazed some flat landers ride brakeless!!

It's great to watch....  i still can't do Cherry pickers!!  :-[

yoda

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 11:11 AM »

I was speechless for a good five minutes after watching that. Absolutely incredible. I love flat and respect those guys so much.

Ditto......   :shocked:

emerbmx

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 09:32 PM »
mattias does have some 'on another level' sh*t going on.
the multiple g-turn manuals- was jaw dropping.
maybe should have posted this into the video section?

abmxburke

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 11:22 AM »
that was some funky shit right there ! flatland is amazing  :uglystupid2:

nee

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 07:15 AM »

Holy crap....... yeah, the riding is amazing, but how f***ing good is that music???
Grabbed the album off soulseek this morning and it's been on repeat pretty much all day.
So glad i clicked that link......

Offline Philbert

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 05:41 PM »
i'm speechless

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 06:04 PM »
i still can't do Cherry pickers!!

Don't worry Dave....you're not on your own buddy.....I've never been able to do them. Fecking useless at flatland!
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 07:57 PM »
i still can't do Cherry pickers!!

Don't worry Dave....you're not on your own buddy.....I've never been able to do them. Fecking useless at flatland!

I'll teach ya some old stuff!  :LolLolLolLol:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 08:00 PM »

It's Amazing how far flatland has advanced!!

still amazed some flat landers ride brakeless!!

It's great to watch....  i still can't do Cherry pickers!!  :-[

Most flatlanders ride brakeless these days.... It's like a whole other sport now - so different to what I used to (and still do) that it may as well be!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  10 years on?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx