gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975644 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 11:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Race Pedals?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Race Pedals?  (Read 2665 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Race Pedals?
« on: September 03, 2008, 03:05 PM »
Right I've been looking for a good set of race pedals for ages.

I love the feel of Oddy Sharkbites but I don't think they'd look right on my new school cruiser .

I'm very much leaning towards a set of Chrome and Gold DMR V12's as I use them on my Cannondale and like the feel. I've tried Crupi Pro rounds and new School DX's but is there anything else I'm missing?

Oh and where wuld be the best place to get a set of the DMR's from as they're limited editions apparently.

thecrooch

Re: Race Pedals?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 03:17 PM »
i love the the V12's nothing comes close....

there are a couple of shops on fleabay selling them cheap - have all the limited editions as well....  or you can just get the chrome ones and by the 'pimp my pedals' kit for £7.99 which is what i did with my white ones to create the white and blue ones....

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Just fopund them on ebay and they come with a free GT cap as well.  :daumenhoch:

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 03:48 PM »
i used sharkbites and swore by them, not comfortable with crupi rounds, but the crupi pro squares are awesome they feel huge compared to the rounds, really comfortable grippy pedals :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 03:54 PM »
I found the pro rounds to be too grippy and you couldn't adjust your footing very well which was a pain.

Mind you I had a set of Hutch beartraps back in the day and swapped them over for a set of suntour beartraps as they seemed to wrk for me better.

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Just fopund them on ebay and they come with a free GT cap as well.  :daumenhoch:

yeah that was the guy i used - he forgot to send me the hat!!! 

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 03:57 PM »
They are very cheap aren't they.  :daumenhoch:

My cruiser is going to look pimmped as a pimped thing now. (well when I get it it will) :LolLolLolLol:

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 04:07 PM »
 :) I always find DMR pedals last about a week.Recently started using Odyssey Black Widows -so far they`re ok.

thecrooch

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 04:17 PM »
ha ha yeah im there apart from frame forks, cranks and brake....

Picked up a lovely Profile HIP stem for $14 posted the other day, BN cruiser slams and Sunn BFR wheels courtsey of Generallee.  just need some funds and get you to order me a DX Crankset and Brake set.

oh and a shiny new frame from Dialled.   Forks - need forks....  gonna be expensive....  Bombshells i suppose or sinz??  dont know about these carbon thingamegigs...  I vowed never to buy another pair of carbon forks after clean snapping a pair of Pace R31's  now here i am.... tsk tsk....

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2008, 05:07 PM »
I've just bought the Sinz carbon stealth and they look the nuts. I prefer the look to the Bombshells to be honest.

I think Carbon has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years.  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2008, 05:12 PM »
I am using "Fattys Flatties" pedals, they are very slim profile and grip like anything

:) DINGO :)

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2008, 06:36 PM »
I found the pro rounds to be too grippy and you couldn't adjust your footing very well which was a pain.

just wear bald trainers :daumenhoch: im havin the foot adjust problem now as retired my old faithfull baseys with a new pair, but the crupis will soon hack the arse outa them :daumenhoch:

Moschops

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 07:03 PM »
these are the kiddies every one else just copies them or re-badges them:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WELLGO-MAGNESIUM-BMX-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-PEDALS_W0QQitemZ270271845557QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270271845557&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

proclass35

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 07:54 PM »
I'll second Moschops on that. Took the Digglers advice and put some on my lad's bike, now all his freinds use them as well. They're also probably the lightest platforms out there- upgrade them with the Ti spindles like we did and they're defo the lightest.
By the way Moschops, I got the micro tyres and tubes safely the other day, many thanks. :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 08:19 PM »

Picked up a lovely Profile HIP stem for $14 posted the other day, BN cruiser slams and Sunn BFR wheels courtsey of Generallee.  just need some funds and get you to order me a DX Crankset and Brake set.

oh and a shiny new frame from Dialled.   Forks - need forks....  gonna be expensive....  Bombshells i suppose or sinz??  dont know about these carbon thingamegigs...  I vowed never to buy another pair of carbon forks after clean snapping a pair of Pace R31's  now here i am.... tsk tsk....

Si, I'll try to put together some deals on forks and cranks when I have a better idea when the frames are coming in.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 08:32 PM »
these are the kiddies every one else just copies them or re-badges them:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/WELLGO-MAGNESIUM-BMX-MOUNTAIN-BIKE-PEDALS_W0QQitemZ270271845557QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270271845557&_trkparms=72%3A12|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Yep, the bollocks  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

magna13

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 08:40 PM »
DMR V12's For Me

Moschops

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 10:05 PM »
I'll second Moschops on that. Took the Digglers advice and put some on my lad's bike, now all his freinds use them as well. They're also probably the lightest platforms out there- upgrade them with the Ti spindles like we did and they're defo the lightest.
By the way Moschops, I got the micro tyres and tubes safely the other day, many thanks. :daumenhoch:

Cool glad you got them, I've since had an e-mail from an importer regarding those, he will be selling to trade £19.99 a tyre and £8.50 a tube :shocked:

Perhaps i shouldn't be that shocked at least he's getting some, that batch I got was ordered in April ::)

dialledbikes

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 11:33 PM »
I've been using the Wellgo magnesium pedals for a few years now and they're really good.

Not sure if they still make them, but still available on ebay for decent prices.

Will probably try the new E13 or Easton Flatboys when the Wellgo mag pedal supplies dry up.

If Burgtec made a slimmer version of their Penthouse pedal, I'd love to give those a whirl.

oldmankev

« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 11:01 AM »
New school Shimano DX come with 2 length pins £50 but
look good, Wolfy swears by them as well.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2008, 11:10 AM »
I've got a set sat here in front of me but I never got on with them when I used to use them before.  :'(

thecrooch

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 12:23 PM »

Picked up a lovely Profile HIP stem for $14 posted the other day, BN cruiser slams and Sunn BFR wheels courtsey of Generallee.  just need some funds and get you to order me a DX Crankset and Brake set.

oh and a shiny new frame from Dialled.   Forks - need forks....  gonna be expensive....  Bombshells i suppose or sinz??  dont know about these carbon thingamegigs...  I vowed never to buy another pair of carbon forks after clean snapping a pair of Pace R31's  now here i am.... tsk tsk....

Si, I'll try to put together some deals on forks and cranks when I have a better idea when the frames are coming in.

excellent - i do like a one stop shop......

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2008, 12:32 PM »

excellent - i do like a one stop shop......

I don't.  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 02:48 PM »
I've got a set sat here in front of me but I never got on with them when I used to use them before.  :'(

a set of what Si?  DX's?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 03:07 PM »
That's right. I just never gelled with them when I had them last time.  I prefer the feel of the V12's. May try some new beartraps again though.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Race Pedals?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx