gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 02, 2024, 07:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Malvern Hillbillies and Malvern Rebel Force
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Malvern Hillbillies and Malvern Rebel Force  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Malvern Hillbillies and Malvern Rebel Force
« on: September 02, 2008, 02:25 PM »
Has anyone got any pics of the tracks in Malvern.

I've only got this one of me at Rebel Force.

se

Re: Malvern Hillbillies and Malvern Rebel Force
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 10:29 PM »
Somewhere, probably untraceable, I have a pic of me cross-upping the step-up in the first straight at Rebel Force, in a white GT shirt on a chrome GT, wearing that dodgy Yes helmet I did the last winter series in. If I ever come across it again it's yours.

Better still though, my brother still has his Rebel Force club membership card when aged 7, cheesy grin with goofy teeth in a knitted BMX jumper.  :buck2:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 09:34 AM »
that hillbillies track use to be my local track and spent many hours training on there, early 90's myself
stephen and martin murray and jeff and sam dovey use to have gate practice and sprint sessions on
there, great days they were

I have quite a lot of videos of race meetings at hillbillies but they are all early 90's

Rebel force track is still there but well overground and not a horse field

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 09:50 AM »
I used to ride at Hillbillies almost everyday either on the track or the quarterpipe.

Those were the days.  :LolLolLolLol:

glov

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 09:45 AM »
i will get in touch with keith jones later hes got loads of pics as his dad built the track back in the 80s  :daumenhoch:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 11:10 AM »
I expect he's sold his Patterson and you've sold your Pro Star

moley

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 03:50 PM »
I have quite a lot of videos of race meetings at hillbillies but they are all early 90's

Get 'em converted to DVD!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 04:27 PM »

Get 'em converted to DVD!!  :daumenhoch:

i'll proberly be in most of them then as i was always racing at Malvern in the 90's

BBMXA days

moley

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2008, 04:29 PM »
If ya want them converting to DVD then I'll do 'em!!   :daumenhoch:

glov

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 01:59 PM »
all the bikes long gone all sold for around the 50 quid mark
what fools we are  :idiot2:

jon016847

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2008, 04:55 PM »
That sounds famier, I sold my JMC, all the kit and spare wheels for about the same,  then  spent it all on Booze  .. lol

You ok Glov, been a while, and by the way, I have had my TV wall mounted and cables behind the plaster, thought I would be waiting for ever for you to get off your lazy butt and do it for me .. lol     - you got a new mobile no, tired calling you but it did not work.   have a good xmas  all !

martsz

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 07:56 PM »
Just spotted this thread. Used to go up there all the time. Loads of us from Evesham on the train. Those really were the days.
These are from about 88 I think.

Martin  :)

LongGone

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 10:10 PM »

[/quote

Hi,
     Have hundreds of the Malvern Hillbillies track, including the quarter pipe I built for the kids while we were building the track. Most photos are of the 80's. If you raced there and can remember your no I might find some. Cheers Bob

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 01:21 PM »

[/quote

Hi,
     Have hundreds of the Malvern Hillbillies track, including the quarter pipe I built for the kids while we were building the track. Most photos are of the 80's. If you raced there and can remember your no I might find some. Cheers Bob

No idea what my number was, I either had a paper plate or a red and white Zeronine plate but as far as numbers are concerned I wouldn't have a clue.

Raced there loads until we moved away, the Quarter pipe claimed my first broken bone as well.  :LolLolLolLol:

LongGone

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2010, 07:54 PM »
i will get in touch with keith jones later hes got loads of pics as his dad built the track back in the 80s  :daumenhoch:

To keep the records straight Keiths Dad was involved with the building of the Rebel track not the Hillbillies track. If I exercised my memory a bit I could probably come up with a list of exactly who contributed in time aand effort and pulling out some old bank records just what it cost me. Over the years I've heard of many "Dad's" who claim to have built it and more who claim to have built the quarter pipe. Again for the record I purchased the steel and plywood and welded it up in my backyard and have enough photos of doing so and the future Hillbillies practicing on it. (Keith Jones, Jonathan Quince, Jonathan Weston, Dave Tainton etc.) Come to think of it a lot might be on slides and could make a good slide show. If any of you are still like you were as BMX'ers you'd love yourselves life size on a screen. Anyone out there still have a "Hillbillies" pillow case? Anyone out there who attended the races when we travelled round different places and made the track with car tyres! Cheers

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 12:06 AM »
Be good to see those pictures when you have the chance.

I remember the name Jonathon Quince. I was chatting to Dave the other month on the Burnerworld Forum as he was selling an Aero Pro. ;)

maff125

« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 05:13 PM »
The hillbillies track was my local track years ago, we used to ride from upton, 6 miles away blast round the track then ride home knackered, happy days :daumenhoch: Gate practice was on a thursday night if i remember and melvin hiles used to run the hillbilles race team, with his son john hiles usually always doing every race even when there was torrential rain ???

Took me ages to finally clear the doubles and then ages to proper doctor smooth em :coolsmiley:, fond memories

Anybody been to jason alianos track near upton? well when me and the boys built our own track years ago this spurred jase on to build his famous backyard track which is now pretty well known.

Still, pretty sad to see a housing site in place of the old hillbillies track now though, can't even take my new xl kuwahara down there :(

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 05:38 PM »
I raced against John Hiles in most of the nationals in 1990 in 16/17 cruisers, he was usually just ahead of me.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 07:57 PM »
I sold John my GT Pro Performer World Tour, but he never paid me so I had to go round and get it back.  :LolLolLolLol:

I went to school in Upton as well. The Hill and Hanley High School.

maff125

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 08:05 PM »
My claim to fame was beating john (once! );D he could crank it pretty well though and i think he sat down right at the after the triples at malvern and i just pipped him, zipper, whats your full name? i also went to upton, hill and hanley!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:43 PM by maff125 »

jon016847

« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2010, 11:18 PM »
I raced against John Hiles in most of the nationals in 1990 in 16/17 cruisers, he was usually just ahead of me.

I raced against John Hiles week in and week out MID 80's and whooped him every time until I gave up, I belive he started doing a bit better when the serious contenders had given up racing and started investing  time in beer and ladies  lol ...........    infact if you look close at my avatar, I am just beating John Vine and Luke Williams over the first set of doubles at the Hillbillies track,  John Hiles was probably on the sidelines as he probably did not make the final back then
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 06:38 AM by jon016847 »

stimo

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 09:46 PM »
I too spent a lot of time on both the rebal force track and a lot more on the hillbillies as a lot of my friends were also members .I would go down there every spare minute (after school weekends)al the time . It was especially good when we all used to turn up at different tracks in a big group of all the riders who new each other from malvern. I even fell of on the start hill at the tender age of 15  and broke my tibia bone in my right leg one saturday afternoon had to have pins put in meggar scar which i still have to day .I was even told by the doctors i would never be able to ride again but after 12 months i proved them wrong and done my first race at the hillbillies whilst racing i would always be talkin to dave tainton as to wot air we would do over the big whoops at the end the good times. Remember dan james ,lee beckett, glover, jon weston,allard,quincy,keith jones darren,aidy,nick herbert,justin twigg,the blan brothers and of course the drinkwater boys .

Offline terminalmeltdown

• Riding with Stabilisers
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2014, 12:35 PM »
if any of you guys are still active or already visited https://www.facebook.com/pages/Malvern-Hillbillies-BMX-track/1500159013591812

there looking into getting the track back!!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Malvern Hillbillies and Malvern Rebel Force

gfxgfx
gfx gfx