gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975759 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 10:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  All this talk of Cruisers...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: All this talk of Cruisers...  (Read 4101 times)

mr.magoo

All this talk of Cruisers...
« on: September 01, 2008, 02:09 PM »
All this talk about cruisers wouldn't normally bother me, hard-core 20" no shifting my preferences!!!. But I've had a lap on Wolfy's Haro, and a few laps at the bay on Jazzyje's Standard? ...

So now all this talk of cruisers really getting me down :'( I WANT ONE!!! Wife has said yes in principal, but have to get the right one first time, and have a fairly low budget.

Is anybody updating to an 09 and selling theirs in the near future?

Not too bothered about looks/components (tell that from my Hyper) but needs to suit my riding style!

If not, and i can stretch the budget, and have to buy new, what would be recommended, so far looking at Floval, DK or Haro, but may have to get rid of Old School to fund :'(

One last really Cheeky question....does any-one who is going to Hersden have a cruiser that i coudl borrow for the day, But before you think about it, remember i will probably end up sliding along the ground on it, or it on me :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
Re: All this talk of Cruisers...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 02:58 PM »
Wouldn't recomend a Floval as they're pants, however ride one and form your own oppinion.

I've just bought Wolfy's Haro and that is the mutz nutz out of the box.

See if you can get a cheap end of line o8 model as the 09 stuff has gone up quite a bit.

You should be able to get a resonable cruiser either on here or on ebay for sub £150 which would siut you fine.

mr.magoo

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Thats what my plan is, unfortunately as far as i know can't find an 08 Haro anywhere, and for the love of God i,m like a kid that wants a new toy, trying to get one before Hersden, nothing on the bay here or talk, and if i gotta spend good money then a. i've gotta wait until missus says ok and b. as i said don't dare buy something then say after a few races that i need to upgrade, or don't like it, or i'd get my wotsits torn off. Especially after only doing one race on my Redline, then changing to the Hyper!!!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 03:09 PM »
something will come up sooner or later, although probably not before Hersden.

mr.magoo

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 03:17 PM »
Yeah, gotta learn to be patient....front flips have to wait for the trails, not the track!!! :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 03:24 PM »
mr magoo

mine is still here at a great price ,,just ask zippy

russ

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 03:42 PM »
How much is it again Russ ?

magna13

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 03:43 PM »
all this talk is getting me down too!  :'( i want a new bike for next year for my club meetings, racing regionals etc. i would have gone for a 20" any day but now im thinking of a cruiser instead. i have been really interested in the baby blue floval but everybodys saying they're w*nk so i have 2nd thoughts. i love Zippys old haro SX24 as its exactlly like my 20" haro i have now but i cant find one to save my life!  :'( :'(

how much did you want for your intense russ?

Zak.

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 03:45 PM »
pm si

mr.magoo

« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Russ, been following the progress on your intense, ever since you first posted the thread of just the frame and forks, looks awesome, first problem is out stretches the budget at the moment, and second have not got a clue how it rides.

showed it to the missus at the week-end, against the 09 Haro....because i've tried a Haro she is more leaning that way if it comes to the crunch, so at the end of the day it'll probably come down to budget.

would it be possible downgrade all the components to bring it into my budget, cos at the moment i'm not ultra competitive, so componentry not an issue, as long as i can ride it, and its stable enough for me to throw around.

if thats a possibility let me know.

Cheers, Neil

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Zak, the SX24 came in two types. Don't go for the one with the huge BB like line as they're a nightmare to replace. The following model on from mine is the one to go for. The easy way to tell if you can't see the BB is that the later model didn't have a seatpost to top tube gusset on it.  :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 04:04 PM »
thing is neil

i aint got much too down grade it

pm me your max budget im sure between you and me we can come to a good deal for us both

russ

magna13

« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Zak, the SX24 came in two types. Don't go for the one with the huge BB like line as they're a nightmare to replace. The following model on from mine is the one to go for. The easy way to tell if you can't see the BB is that the later model didn't have a seatpost to top tube gusset on it.  :LolLolLolLol:
I Know What You Mean By Replacing The BB On Them... My 20" Was A Pain In The Ass To Replace!  >:(, But Would Love The Silver Version As I Have The 20" Version And I Love It!

mr.magoo

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 04:07 PM »
Yeah, no worries you have PM, but you know the score, bills to pay gotta keep wife happy, or i'd have had it off you when you first put it up, might not have had anywhere to live, but would have looked cool at the track :4_17_5:

thecrooch

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Neil

i cant wait to actually meet your wife... sounds like you spend the entire time with your nads in her hands???  :LolLolLolLol:

magna13

« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 04:20 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)

mr.magoo

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 04:20 PM »
Yeah, she comes to Hersden, normally shoots into Canterbury, to go clothes shopping, comes back for finals.

Nads in her hands...thats wishfull thinking, my wallet maybe!!!

Like i've said before, this is my third marriage, divorce's now getting too expensive!! :LolLolLolLol:

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 04:21 PM »
hey neil

sound s like you have a lot of love too share :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

r

mr.magoo

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 04:23 PM »
NO, i just work too many hours, trying to get enough money to please 'em, while they are busy finding somebody else to please 'em while i'm at work :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

dialledbikes

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 04:33 PM »
NO, i just work too many hours, trying to get enough money to please 'em, while they are busy finding somebody else to please 'em while i'm at work :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

In that case, you deserve to treat yourself, Neil.

And once you've ridden a new school cruiser you'll want to race that more than your Hyper, so you can probably flog that to recover some of your cruiser spend.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 04:43 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 04:37 PM »
already suggested a deal on it mike

r

thecrooch

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 04:47 PM »

In that case, you deserve to treat yourself, Neil.

And once you've ridden a new school cruiser you'll want to race that more than your Hyper, so you can probably flog that to recover some of your cruiser spend.

mike
stop yakking and get selling those Alberts - me an matt humps want our cruisers....  :knuppel2: :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 04:47 PM »
would love to treat myself, especially when most working days are between 16-18 hours.

Unfortunately for the last 20 years, due to divorces etc etc never had any luck with the housing market, so whilst i live in a fairly nice house its costing more than 1100 per month just in mortgage :crazy2: and the two year fixed rate is just about to end, so could be looking at anything up to another 200 a month on top of that :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

thats why now having to worry about fuel costs for races :'(

thecrooch

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 04:53 PM »
would love to treat myself, especially when most working days are between 16-18 hours.

Unfortunately for the last 20 years, due to divorces etc etc never had any luck with the housing market, so whilst i live in a fairly nice house its costing more than 1100 per month just in mortgage :crazy2: and the two year fixed rate is just about to end, so could be looking at anything up to another 200 a month on top of that :2gunsfiring_v1: :2gunsfiring_v1:

thats why now having to worry about fuel costs for races :'(

really think we should start car pooling more next year....  i've been bringing hooga to most regionals and hersden etc and tbh if i hadnt i wouldnt of been able to go to half of them...  more than happy to take another next year can easily fit 3 bikes and gear for all if needed (better leave the other spot for the missus in case she wants to come along)

i live in woodford if that helps anyone.....

mr.magoo

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 05:00 PM »
That's not always an option, as for Hersden have me and my lad and one of my daughters, plus the other lad i bring to race, and his sister. Then the wife has to come in her car to bring the other lads mum and other sister, and my youngest daughter.

Not sure about winter series, as don't know for sure if my boy and the other lad will be 100% up for travelling and racing in the cold and wet, so could car share with Sonic/Zippy

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  All this talk of Cruisers...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx