gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975754 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 17, 2024, 12:20 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Getting back to business
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Getting back to business  (Read 2986 times)

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Getting back to business
« on: August 31, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Well now the OSS08 has drawn to a close. Its time to start planning the 08/09 South winter series.

Has anyone got any suggestions or thoughts about the series??

Have we still got enough riders left to hold a series?

Do we stick to the same format?

Do you all still want number plates made up?

Any other comments?????

Personally I cant wait to get back on a bike and rub shoulders with Stevie Vinoah, Quad paul, 796, The queen etc.......
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: Getting back to business
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 08:47 PM »
Since you're presumably going to get the nod from BC to run as a recognised class qualifying for the Brits (has that been confirmed yet??) maybe now is the time to tighten up the rules re bike eligibility - yes that old chestnut!!  But maybe more importantly the age of the rider needs to be looked at otherwise we'll have some youngster sandbagging the races.  I would suggest an Old School rider should be minimum 30 years of age.  The bike eligibility can then be a bit more flexible to allow some of the 'historic' 1" threaded bikes that are just post-90 and could even allow, dare I say, the repros in.  Just my twopennorth.  Humps

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 08:49 PM »
Hi Al, I am not sure if we have got regional status yet. Can you look into this for us please mate :daumenhoch:

sonic-1

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:07 AM »
Well now the OSS08 has drawn to a close. Its time to start planning the 08/09 South winter series.

Has anyone got any suggestions or thoughts about the series??

Have we still got enough riders left to hold a series?          errrr hope so

Do we stick to the same format?                                          yes its worked fine so far

Do you all still want number plates made up?                       oooo that would be nice to have

Any other comments?????                                                     dont change it to much even if we get bc to reconise the class
                                                                                               a little flexibility for bikes n parts as sooner or later parts will get
                                                                                              harder to find n it will only be ones with deep pockets at the gate
Personally I cant wait to get back on a bike and rub shoulders with Stevie Vinoah, Quad paul, 796, The queen etc....... we cant wait for yer to be back to !!!!!

eloopnai

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 12:57 PM »
any news on the series tshirts and plates for this year ?
last i heard hooga was yet to design them has he got his finger out yet or what   :knuppel2:
summers nearly over time for jumpers now wana try and wear it once this year  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 01:04 PM »
are we going to have the summer series presentation at some point?? presume the southern champs would be the perfect venue/location  and most of us (ME HOPEFULLY....) will be able to attend.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 01:07 PM »
I was hoping we could have the presentation at the Southern Champs.

Also are we still going to meet up in London one night for a pub crawl and knees up?

thecrooch

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 01:10 PM »
I was hoping we could have the presentation at the Southern Champs.

Also are we still going to meet up in London one night for a pub crawl and knees up?

hope so..... Zipps you have to get the first round in as winner...

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 01:43 PM »
 :yahoo_silent:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 01:51 PM »
A p1ss up sounds like a fantastic idea, Does anyone fancy organizing it?

Presentation could be done at the drink up....

thecrooch

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 04:11 PM »
Happy to Organise as i work up here so very easy to sort 'an area' like.....

how does Liverpool Street area sound....  very handy for lots of back street boozers and Brick lane is but a onion bargi's throw away.

sonic-1

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 04:13 PM »
go for it  :) i need a night out !!!! will have to bring the wife though  :shocked:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 06:29 PM »
Hi Al, I am not sure if we have got regional status yet. Can you look into this for us please mate :daumenhoch:

No official response as yet but not sure where it's coming from.  General consensus seems to be favourable.  Some disappointment expressed re turnout at Brits but that's history.  Would be good to whip us some support for the class if it's going to fly but maybe you need the BC nod first.  Anyone asked Roger Rollback??  Humps

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 07:06 PM »
go for it  :) i need a night out !!!! will have to bring the wife though  :shocked:

No you fookin won't.  :knuppel2:

spillers#1

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2008, 08:29 PM »
Liverpool street would be good  :daumenhoch: the metropolis strip bar is 5 mins down the road  >:D

moomin

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2008, 09:49 PM »
Liverpool street would be good  :daumenhoch: the metropolis strip bar is 5 mins down the road  >:D
Nik will be well pleased with that :angel:

Brick lane sounds good, havent been there for a curry in years :daumenhoch: Bloody cheap and great rubys

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 11:03 PM »
not runnin an old school class at the mid champs either

loosers

r

moomin

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Nik will be well pleased with that :angel:

Brick lane sounds good, havent been there for a curry in years :daumenhoch: Bloody cheap and great rubys

That was him on my account, bloody brain surgery  :LolLolLolLol:

Strip joint sounds cool, aint had ant T & A in years  :angel:

thecrooch

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2008, 10:44 AM »
ill start a proper thread at lunchtime....

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2008, 10:52 AM »
It'll be good to all get together socially away from the bikes and have a great night out.  :daumenhoch:

Would prefer to have the presentation at the Southern Champs though as I don't want to have to carry everything around with me all night.

It would be cool to wear out t-shirts out on the night as well.  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2008, 11:00 AM »
It'll be good to all get together socially away from the bikes and have a great night out.  :daumenhoch:

Would prefer to have the presentation at the Southern Champs though as I don't want to have to carry everything around with me all night.

It would be cool to wear out t-shirts out on the night as well.  :daumenhoch:

good point... personally i would prefer it be done at the southern champs as well

QuadPaul

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2008, 12:18 PM »
Sounds like a good plan, presentation at the champs and then a night of, beer, strippers, curry & PISS TAKING OUT OF ZIPPS :LolLolLolLol:

No idea what the South Region are doing yet about a winter series - there is talk of a London series (Brixton, Peckham, Daggers & Hayes) but nothing confirmed. Decesion is not going to be made until the Committee meet after the South Champs.

Must admit though I'm tempted to go winter racing in EA if nothing happens in the south.

hooga1975

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2008, 06:07 PM »
any news on the series tshirts and plates for this year ?
last i heard hooga was yet to design them has he got his finger out yet or what   :knuppel2:
summers nearly over time for jumpers now wana try and wear it once this year  :LolLolLolLol:

Sorry people, but to be honest I completely forgot, and I didnt get any reminders.  I have a memory like a sieve, too many jamaican woodbine's!.  I have got a couple of designs that need touching up.  If you want me to finish them, give me a shout, but it sounds like Macmark has it all in hand.

nishiki14

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2008, 06:49 PM »
Just an idea but how about doing the winter series how we started it in the first place and doing a back and forth Braintree/Daggers? Like I say just an idea ???

hooga1975

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2008, 07:26 PM »
take it back to its roots!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  Getting back to business

gfxgfx
gfx gfx