gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 11:40 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  race or freestyle whats the rules on building a bike??
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: race or freestyle whats the rules on building a bike??  (Read 491 times)

karlos100

race or freestyle whats the rules on building a bike??
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:25 AM »
im building a bike. the frame being a haro group one with haro fusion parts plus others. all the pics ive seen of the group ones have spoked wheels and one brake on the back. im building mine with skyway tuffs and i have a full set of dia compe brakes. i was gonna chuck a race plate on the front too but does it matter how the bike is built ie from a mix of freestyle and race parts??

JT71

Re: race or freestyle whats the rules on building a bike??
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:41 AM »
i wouldn't say i matters.

there's plenty of bikes out there with tuffs and a race plate.

Fusion parts are probably a bit later than your frame and tuffs, but that doesn't really matter.

mr.magoo

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 09:06 AM »
beauty is with-in the eye of the beholder.....no rules, build what you like and suits your needs, more than likely within a few months you'll wanna change try different components differnt colours etc, trial and error, but sure it'll end just fine :daumenhoch:

karlos100

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 09:40 AM »
nice one!!
 :daumenhoch:

COZZFATHER

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 10:30 AM »
imo you get funny comments when you take a sought after old school freestyler and bolt up new stuff thats cheepo.
i found out haro fusion was around 91 so i won't touch the stuff as my bikes are 80's old school so are gonna get 80's old school parts.
its your bike so you can do what you want  though  :P

magna13

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 02:49 PM »
build it how you would like it. that my rule!.

Zak

JT71

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 06:19 PM »
lots of good advice there.

i love the fusion parts, but I'm moving on to mid school rides now so they are prefect for my need.s  :daumenhoch:

spesh

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 06:31 PM »
i love old school bikes like the rippers, kuwahara and my fave the gt performer but i could never ride one now as it would flex and bend,and nu school is too small for me so the best compromise i found was this
a midschool haro shredder but i just had to have skyways on it :daumenhoch: although the haro whitewalls on spokes ive got do look fantastic imho
oh and one thing that is derigue is tyre labels MUST be 180deg from the tyre valve! :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 06:33 PM by spesh »

COZZFATHER

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 07:12 PM »
thats a lovely looking bike spesh,it looks old school  and with the tuffs i think i could ride that meself  :P

spesh

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2008, 07:36 PM »
thats a lovely looking bike spesh,it looks old school  and with the tuffs i think i could ride that meself  :P
thanx fella :daumenhoch:
it a really big frame and with the wide bars and a snake post (not shown) its really roomy,feels like my jump mtb but with 20" wheels and it rides super smooth with those sealed bearing skyways
not everyones ideal frame but it really suits me :4_17_5:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  race or freestyle whats the rules on building a bike??

gfxgfx
gfx gfx