gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 01, 2024, 11:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  redline micro?????
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: redline micro?????  (Read 399 times)

LARGEY

redline micro?????
« on: August 29, 2008, 01:09 PM »
i have dropped a bollock and bought a redline proline expert with no tyres or inner tubes, now realising the rims are only 16.5 inches and not 20 inches!

A guy at alans bmx says ihe thinks it must be a micro bmx (whatever this may be)

I am new to all this so didnt realise the size at the time and have ordered 20 inch racing tyres and inner tubes!!!  (yes i know i am a plant pot!!!)

Firstly, does anyone know where i can pick some tyres & inner tubes for these wheels & also spindles  etc, or failing that, would 20 inch wheels fit this frame and forks and brakes???

Cheers dudes

Largey (BMX virgin)

dialledbikes

Re: redline micro?????
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 02:50 PM »
Can't fully work out from your first post what you're on about (sorry), but reading between the lines sounds like you thought you had bought a Redline Proline Expert, but you've actually bought a Redline Micro Mini?

If so, the Redline Micro Mini which uses 18 x 1" tyres like these:

https://www.jrbicycles.com/storefront/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1030

The tyres are a bit of a sod to get hold of over here (I have one of those bikes which belonged to my son and is now waiting for my daughter to grow into, which has a sliced tyre and I haven't found anyone over here who sells them).  I don't think 20" wheels will fit that frame and fork as it's 18" wheel specific.

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 03:00 PM »
mike i posted a picture in the other thread in wanted section, it looks like either a Junior or expert F&F with micro wheels

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 03:07 PM »
Cheers Jai.  Just looked at the other thread.  I agree with you, looks like a Redline Junior or Expert bike with the wrong size wheels.

It needs some 20" x 1&1/8 or 1&3/8 wheels, tyres and tubes and will be good to go then.

Edit:  Apparently it's an Expert not a Junior, so I think it needs 20" x 1.5" wheels/tyres.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 04:07 PM by mike@dialledbikes »

proclass35

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Largey, I'll have the 18" wheels off you. Have sent p.m.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  redline micro?????

gfxgfx
gfx gfx