gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My new bike ! .. except i don't know where i fit in lol ..
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My new bike ! .. except i don't know where i fit in lol ..  (Read 1890 times)

brooksie001

I think this is where i fit in :D

ok so i've bought this, always been into my flatland, getting on a bit now (36) but thought sod it. Im on the lookout for a DP Freestyler to work on but i wanted a bike that was ready to go and i could get some seat time whilst i work on a bit of an old school project.

So yes .. KHE Premium Lagger.

It's a bit heavy ! ... and the crank is slipping like a biatch .. needs a damn good service

condor96

Re: My new bike ! .. except i don't know where i fit in lol ..
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 08:15 PM »
i always thoght these were cool. flip a page or two back. i put up some khe ads not to long ago....

JT71

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:29 PM »
wicked bike. love it.

but why's the crank slipping? does the chain ring not lock onto the crank spins or is the free wheel busted?

and why didn't you take the lock off for the pics?  :daumenhoch:

great bike though, niice find. what was the damage if you don't mind me asking?

brooksie001

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:41 PM »
the previous owner lost the key for the lock ... ffs  :uglystupid2:

Cost me £130 ? ... decent price ? .. other than the crank everything seems cool as. Brakes need adjusting etc

Now bear in mind its been a while since i've ridden BMX. I had a cruiser that i rode for 2 years and didn't do anything to it. So ..the crank problem .. There's about a quarter of a turns movement before it kicks in. Crank is locked into the chain ring. So would that mean there was a problem with the free wheel ? .. speaking of which .. it doesn't freewheel, ie i have to pedal backwards when im going backwards.

Help ... im like really confused.

JT71

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 09:54 PM »
it does freewheel dude. it's normal to pedal backwards when you roll backwards unless you have a freecoaster.

sounds to me like the freewheel is shagged. but i'm not expert.

I reckon that's a steal at £130 but then i've never seen one for sale so i have no idea of the market value.

but a quick look at the parts and i reckon its way over £130 worth.

I would have paid that for sure.

subversion

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 10:00 PM »
what rear hub does it have on it? can't tell from your pics...

Nice bike tho mate & the freewheel problem is easily resolved (if indeed it is a freewheel?) :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 10:01 PM »
Cant see from the pics,  but does it have a freewheel, as a lot of flatlanders use freecoasters, could be a problem with that if it has one?
Poss. contact welshdenny, think he is a flatlander.

brooksie001

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Thanks for all your help guys.

Can't tell what make the rear hub is, no markings on there .. took a piccy. Wheels are Araya Super 7X's ..

So if it is a shagged freewheel .. what do i need to do ?? .. replace entire wheel ?

subversion

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 10:35 PM »
we need to see the cog on the other side of the hub ;) if it's a freewheel then yes you can just get it romoved (unscrewed) & bang a similar one on in it's place. If it's a freecoaster (it does look a bit like one due to the diameter of the hub body) then it's a case of stripping it down to find out what's worn. You say you have to crank quite far to get it to 'engage' which would suggest it's a coaster & the most common failure in a freecoaster hub are the springs for the clutch resistance which may be hard to find :(

If you plan on riding flat then you should have a freecoaster hub anyway dude :daumenhoch:

JT71

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 10:37 PM »
and Ian rides a freecoaster in the park.  :daumenhoch:

that sure is a chunky hub so it probably is a freecoaster.

even with a new hub and rebuilt wheel i reckon that bike is a steal.   :daumenhoch:

brooksie001

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 10:48 PM »
ahh ... sorry guys ...

Here's t'other side. Alansbmx isn't too far from me  .. they could rebuild it right ??

subversion

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2008, 11:13 PM »
I'm thinking it may be a variant of one of these?:

There's nfo about them here: http://www.free-coaster.com/html/ultimate_hardware.html

Uses the same internals as the reloader (which I run) & you can get some spares for those hubs from Pat @ Flatlandfuel if you can't get them over here:

http://www.flatlandfuel.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=14&Page=3

Do you feel man enough to strip it out dude :LolLolLolLol: I'll know for sure then :daumenhoch:

PM me if you need some help...

brooksie001

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Yeah man , as it stands its in no state to ride so its gotta be sorted. The whole bike needs a damn good clean/service .. looks like its been stood for a fair while.  :(

Will drop you a PM

Thanks for all your help : :daumenhoch:

Steve

subversion

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 10:50 AM »
did you get my PM Brooksie?

magna13

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 12:16 PM »
nice bike!  ;)

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Those "laggers" ride real nice for flat, looks like you have HB Day Smith Loc'ed pegs on there too  8), I still use them on my flat bike.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  My new bike ! .. except i don't know where i fit in lol ..

gfxgfx
gfx gfx