gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:39 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  sealed bb 3 piece crank
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: sealed bb 3 piece crank  (Read 777 times)

Flaz

sealed bb 3 piece crank
« on: January 15, 2006, 09:47 PM »
just put in a brand new 3 piece crank first one ever it was a bit a struggle very tight and now it all seems a bit stiff will this loosen up is this normal???? cheers flaz

Offline lazychubs

• Founding Fathers
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
Re: sealed bb 3 piece crank
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 09:49 PM »
yes and no make sure cups are in straight
and you have theright amount of spacers in

Flaz

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 10:35 PM »
Cheers like i said it all seems ok i just expected to spin it and see it fly round freely at about 100 mph  ??? didnt expect it to be so stiff

revcore

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 11:08 PM »
Just like Lazychubs said, If there is an incorrect size spacer between the bearings (Too short) then it will make the bearings tight and hamper their performance. One thing I always do when installing sealed bearing 3 piece cranks is to put the cranks together outside the frame then put them up against the bottom bracket. If the flanges on the bearing cups sit on the outer edge of the bottom bracket of the frame then the correct spacer is what you have so you can go and install the cranks. Otherwise you will need to put an extra spacer washer in. You will know what to do after a very short period of time. I had the same problem the first time I ever installed sealed 3 piece cranks.

Flaz

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 12:12 AM »
i did do what you said made it up b 4 hand and offered it up with the one long spacer fitted and it was as good as perfect if anything could have done with a nats cock less ??? should i have filed it down a bit ??

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  sealed bb 3 piece crank

gfxgfx
gfx gfx