gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:30 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Freestylin' book online
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Freestylin' book online  (Read 1935 times)

evamedia

spesh

Re: Freestylin' book online
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 03:47 PM »
thats cool thanks for posting it :daumenhoch:

id love to have a copy of that book!

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 11:09 PM »
Thanks, this is probably the only way to own a copy.
There's a thread over at VBMX about this, must say I totally agree with some of the less productive comments about it. But maybe there'll be a softcover copy someday that we can just about afford?

I want the RAD version. Not exactly sure if it'll happen or if it's just speculation/rumour/wishing, but it should.

bmxer4ever

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 11:11 PM »
WOW!
That was just awesome - just spent the last hour clickin' and zoomin'!
Would LOVE a copy of this book!
RAD version?? Tell me more....
I have LOTS of photo's!! :LolLolLolLol:

Offline Wayne Ryder

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:29 PM »
What would it need? A sponsor for the publishing costs, permission from the original owners & contributors (that'll likely be more expensive than it would have been if the Freestylin' one hadn't been done), contributions from notable riders, someone to do the layout and the text... Anything else?
It was mentioned when I was out with Andy B. last week. I've no idea if it's a real thing or what, but I'd love to be involved or at very least be responsible for gathering interest in the possibility. We need it, there's a bunch of ex-riders with some disposable income. Some of them still ride or have a bike, and the RAD version could maybe include that aspect of the sport. Didn't anyone else think a current portrait of the riders in Freestylin' might've been a good idea?

yoda

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 12:14 AM »
Thanks for posting this...... I can still remember buying issue 1 of Freestylin back in the day and still actually have the exact magazine to this day, I remember where I bought it and how I felt when I read it......quite wierd and such an honour to get a pic of me printed in there years later. Pure class..... I would love a copy of the Book

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 07:06 AM »
Thanks for posting this...... I can still remember buying issue 1 of Freestylin back in the day and still actually have the exact magazine to this day, I remember where I bought it and how I felt when I read it......quite wierd and such an honour to get a pic of me printed in there years later. Pure class..... I would love a copy of the Book

well cool mag, bubbs used to get me mine as he was the first of us working, almost got them all now, will get a photo up at the weekend. i am trying to get one of them books at the minute, I NEED ONE

evamedia

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 09:58 AM »
I know one went for $250 on eBay a couple of weeks ago, fairly cheap I thought

SaMAlex

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 10:01 AM »
That does sound cheap, are you sure you watched it till the end?
I think there has only been one up on Ebay and it went for almost 3 times that  :shocked:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110278721631&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=001

rosscoe

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 06:45 PM »
I'd like a copy...but not that bad..

DJ

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 07:14 PM »
Im lucky enough to have a copy. I havent been that excited about the postman turning up at the house, ever?!!! With regard to the thread "over there" I think its BS to be honest, I mean seriously just because you bought the magazine before you turned your back on BMX you deserve one now? The only thing that gets me is that they didnt have the foresight to make a list of deserving people in BMX to hand this book out to instead of the toss who put his straight on ebay. There are a lot of people in BMX who deserve a copy & wont get one & yet these tits get one & havent a clue. I have spoken with 5 people who have a copy & they all said it is something they will never part with. Ferk it, I have a copy! You get my point anyway, Im going for a drink....

rosscoe

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 08:08 PM »
hhmm, just had another flick through, and it is bloody good. Would I pay £300 for a copy???? still not sure

didnt they come in a big Beijing Box?

evamedia

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 10:16 PM »
some came in a box with a pair of Nike's

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 10:31 PM »
Page 17 have a look at the young lad wearing a red Haro top to the side of the ramp  :daumenhoch:

That pic is from the NEC in 83 btw  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

christhejob

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2008, 08:46 AM »
so DJ.... pints on you eh??  (i'venever been as excited about posting someone something before!!)

i not selling mine neither!

DJ

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2008, 06:09 PM »
chris, in berlin the drinks are on me mate.
Did you tell all these old fookers about your body waxing for charity? They got shitloads of money after the sale of the Cosworths Im sure they'd be happy to donate a few quid eh lads????

rosscoe

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2008, 09:12 PM »
Page 17 have a look at the young lad wearing a red Haro top to the side of the ramp  :daumenhoch:

That pic is from the NEC in 83 btw  :daumenhoch:

I was there too.....first and last time I ever raced......

SaMAlex

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 10:17 AM »
Thankyou Mr Postman! Mine came today.

Big thanks to a drunk Scottish bloke and a sober Irish one   :daumenhoch:

yoda

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 11:03 AM »
Alex you lucky lucky Ba*****..........  ;D

DJ

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 05:38 PM »
Alex, you, chris job, go-go, grant  & myself should get together, take pictures of all our books together etc & just generally talk about how great it is?  :LolLolLolLol:

bmxer4ever

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 10:37 PM »
Alex, you, chris job, go-go, grant  & myself should get together, take pictures of all our books together etc & just generally talk about how great it is?  :LolLolLolLol:

Just goes to show - it's not what you know, it's who you know....   :LolLolLolLol:

The Bicycle Source

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2008, 03:15 AM »
I came home from work today to find a FedX box in front of my door??? I have no idea what it is until I pick it up and read the label..... From Nike 6.0 Oregon, Ca!!!
I say to myself NO F@cking WAY!!!, I open the box to find a Freestylin' book... Courtesy of Mark Lewman!!  I felt like I was 16 again when my copy of Freestylin' magazine arrived.. F'n Stoked!!

bmxer4ever

« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2008, 06:35 PM »
I came home from work today to find a FedX box in front of my door??? I have no idea what it is until I pick it up and read the label..... From Nike 6.0 Oregon, Ca!!!
I say to myself NO F@cking WAY!!!, I open the box to find a Freestylin' book... Courtesy of Mark Lewman!!  I felt like I was 16 again when my copy of Freestylin' magazine arrived.. F'n Stoked!!

I rest my case.....  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Freestylin' book online

gfxgfx
gfx gfx