gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 24, 2024, 09:26 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Headfirst!!!!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Headfirst!!!!!  (Read 1460 times)

markatkins

Headfirst!!!!!
« on: September 04, 2008, 03:39 PM »
Off work because its pissing it down again,i decided to look through my vid/dvd vault and pulled out a gem.....

HEADFIRST!!!!!

Everytime i watch this dvd it blows me away.This was filmed back in 91' and the stuff Hoffman is doing is still beyond me.
There are still lots of tricks on this that i dont see anyone doing,rocket x up to no foot to no foot can can back then........?
The height on his 540s and tailwhips are good enough for a normal air.
I watched some footage on you tube a while ago and it amazed me that there were some people dissing Hoffman??Are they for real?
For me i think you will be able to watch this in 20 years time and it will still blow you away.
Brings me to the question?Whats you fav bmx vid/dvd or the one that inspires you to ride?
On that note im off to ride my bike...........

jedi

Re: Headfirst!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:53 PM »
i watch adam banton in electronical to inspire me to ride

SaMAlex

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 03:58 PM »
Last night I found some old (unseen) footage of Jerry Galley and Mason Smith riding Uxbridge mini ramp in around 95. They were kickin arse! Amazing to watch. It made me wanna go straight out and ride. I didnt tho. Instead I drove to stodgys house and give the tape to him cos theres also loads of footage of Hoffman on there too.

Im going to try to put the Jerry/Mason footage up on Youtube sometime, it really is so good.

macky

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2008, 04:30 PM »

Most of the Road fools dvd's get me in a riding mood...

Rock n road fools... I love watching that before i go riding....

even Barry on a Grifter gets me heart thumping to ride!!  ;D

( and... a few bmx beat runs... Carlo/ Hoffman/ Guilotte/ Canning... etc )

DJ

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2008, 06:24 PM »
Mine is Powell Peralta's Public Domain  :4_17_5:. I can still watch it now & get amped, it's just amazing. I love the Ray Barbie section when they are cruising the streets with "Weakness" banging out, there's so much cool shit on that vid! When I started riding there wasn't any BMX video's as such, well none that I knew off anyway so I made do with that.
First BMX video that really inspired me & still does is Aggroman. PURE GENUIS. I've had full scale rucks with riders who've said it's shite, can you belive that? Aggroman, shite? C**nts.  :knuppel2:

welsh denny

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 06:29 PM »
got some good footage of mason at radlands back in 95. small jam on the mini with him, bestwick, cong, si, matt warren.

as for fav videos headfirst/ride on or any dorkin vid/baco vid.

as the market is saturated with vids these days it has lost its charm slightly.

mind you, have you seen insight, the usa ride dvd. watch it, it is very good. mike breenan is mad!! :idiot2:

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2008, 06:43 PM »
headfirst is amazing... the one for me though, is my favourite ever video - Ride On. Never fails to rev me up for riding!

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2008, 07:21 PM »
 :4_17_5:

macky

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Mine is Powell Peralta's Public Domain  :4_17_5:. I can still watch it now & get amped, it's just amazing. I love the Ray Barbie section when they are cruising the streets with "Weakness" banging out, there's so much cool shit on that vid! When I started riding there wasn't any BMX video's as such, well none that I knew off anyway so I made do with that.
First BMX video that really inspired me & still does is Aggroman. PURE GENUIS. I've had full scale rucks with riders who've said it's shite, can you belive that? Aggroman, shite? C**nts.  :knuppel2:

I've watched Aggroman recently thanks to someone posting the link...

watched it years back too,  but watching Hoffman riding the halfpipe again...

Complete Brilliance!!  :daumenhoch:

why don't riders still do those air variations... ??

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:47 PM by DaveMc. »

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 08:12 PM »
Because they can't.......

My favourites would be those Hoffman vids obviously, Wheelies and Face Value. I can watch them over and over   :daumenhoch:

spesh

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 08:48 PM »
last night i watched for the first time "until monkeys fly" cheesy but good watching hoffman ride,blokes a genius
and then "lord voelker" fantastic some of the stuff he was trying to do,(and failed) was unbelievable on an old(nowadays) gt
 :daumenhoch:

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 09:03 PM »
Yeah, Lord Voelker is a blast!     :daumenhoch:

subversion

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 02:59 PM »
Small world! I sat & watched Headfirst last night too :daumenhoch: It was a toss up between that & ride on (on the same DVD) but I hadn't seen HF for years so it got cranked out over the hifi too >:D

Missus loved it!

nearly....

I'd say most any front wheel tech mid skool vid footage gets my blood pumping to go ride :daumenhoch:

WizardWeb

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 09:27 AM »
I love the 'easter egg' footage of the Aggroman/headfirst DVD. Loads of stuff with Wilkerson, Byther, Freeman, Moliterno and Nourie. Marvellous stuff !

If you don't know how to access it, on the selection screen don't do anything and after a while it starts....

subversion

« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 10:07 AM »
Agro riding & kung foo fighting!

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 06:40 PM »
ive always loved aggroman, some of the stuff mat done in it still amazes me today, my all time fav vid is and prob always will be is feel my leg muscles im a racer followed by dirty deeds but any vid with  hoffman in is just amazing like headfirst ride on etc... the man is a legend :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  Headfirst!!!!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx