gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975649 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6349 Members - Latest Member: Kev667 July 07, 2024, 05:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend  (Read 4192 times)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 07:12 AM »
glad to hear you're okay Si..........hope the other bloke is okay too! 

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Let me guess, you was wearing your new BAD top, Loads of people seem to do this, race in a new kit and wham. Hope you are OK.

eloopnai

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 10:02 AM »
never good falling off hope your ok m8
 hopefullly  your make the southern champs  :daumenhoch:

how do you like the track then si ? and where did you come off ?

thecrooch

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 01:15 PM »
gaz - yep brand new on......

ian well i managed 50 feet of racing so cant really comment... but if im honest.....  all the berms need resurfacing and that bloody step up/whoops need turning into a step/table top - the evidence speaks for itself......

but generally i thought the day was ok, think they were a little understaffed but everyone i met was really nice and they have a great nurse!!!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Re Scott Vogel, I've just had this update on his condition and although he is OK, he's not out of the woods yet.  The local hospital sent his scan pictures to London to get a second opinion as he is still confused and has limited sight in his right eye.  They say there is bruising in his brain and that it should subside.  I'm sure everyone on here wishes him a speedy and complete recovery.  Humps

thecrooch

« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 11:24 PM »
That's awful alan, not sure if scott was a rad member but healing vibes go out to him.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2008, 11:34 PM »
Bad news for the guy to have his first race end so badly.  :(

mr.magoo

« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 12:06 AM »
Deffo healing vibes all the way, poor guy. (don't let my wife know ffs) she's already going loopy about Crooch's injurys!!!

sonic-1

« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 01:00 AM »
Deffo healing vibes all the way, poor guy. (don't let my wife know ffs) she's already going loopy about Crooch's injurys!!!
dam my wife said how come that dont happen to me !!!!!! :'(  :tickedoff: prob becuse brain is needed to bruse  :D
hope he s all super fine after a day or 2 s rest

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 10:29 AM »
Get well soon Si & Scott  ;) .

thecrooch

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 11:39 AM »

:LolLolLolLol: its ok it only hurts when i laugh.....

what the hell are you lot telling the home office about my injuries....  thats not going to hlp you at all is it... i wont post piccys then.....  itll put you off sausage meat for ever..... :buck2:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 12:51 PM »
i wont post piccys then.....  itll put you off sausage meat for ever

Go on, I need to go on a diet anyway!!  Humps

eloopnai

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 12:54 PM »
thanks for the update alan  :daumenhoch: healing vibes to scott

thecrooch

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 01:01 PM »
i wont post piccys then.....  itll put you off sausage meat for ever

Go on, I need to go on a diet anyway!!  Humps

thought you saw them anyway???  ill try and sneak a piccy when they change the dressing on thursday. my missus wouldnt let me on saturday.....

mr.magoo

« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 01:54 PM »
slightly off subject, when my body armour came through the post my other half went mental about me spending more on BMX etc etc.

When i came off at Hersden and she saw the damage to my armour, it was all "lucky you had that, imagine how it woulda been with out it"

Now been using Crooch's off to try to turn that around to positiveness to get her to let me get a cruiser, have put the idea into her mind that cruisers are safer...Haven't told her i can go a hell of a lot faster on one, and will probably want to jump more :LolLolLolLol:

nishiki14

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2008, 10:05 AM »
1st time ive been on the old computer since my smooth riding brother made his return on Saturday, they say the craitor he left behind will take 5000 years to fill :LolLolLolLol:
Sorry to hear about your kashy mate........................oh and your fingers, if it makes you feel any better my front wheel is buggered too so the robby is sporting a new look for hersden, so be afraid, be very afraid.........I am coz my brother is gonna be there too :2funny:
Also dont know if many of you know about Scotts past in BMX but I do first hand, I use to race against Scott back in the early eighties with Sam Jarvis and Louis Meres (bugger I said his name!) and I have gotta tell you he was an incredible rider, he was a full factory sponsered Robinson rider and boy could he shift! Our age group has never really got a lot of attention coz we were so young back then but he was probably one of Alans best riders :4_17_5:
Get well soon Scott and get in touch fella :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2008, 10:40 AM »
1st time ive been on the old computer since my smooth riding brother made his return on Saturday, they say the craitor he left behind will take 5000 years to fill :LolLolLolLol:
Sorry to hear about your kashy mate........................oh and your fingers, if it makes you feel any better my front wheel is buggered too so the robby is sporting a new look for hersden, so be afraid, be very afraid.........I am coz my brother is gonna be there too :2funny:
Also dont know if many of you know about Scotts past in BMX but I do first hand, I use to race against Scott back in the early eighties with Sam Jarvis and Louis Meres (bugger I said his name!) and I have gotta tell you he was an incredible rider, he was a full factory sponsered Robinson rider and boy could he shift! Our age group has never really got a lot of attention coz we were so young back then but he was probably one of Alans best riders :4_17_5:
Get well soon Scott and get in touch fella :daumenhoch:

No worries

Kashi can be replaced (though i like the battle wound....) and the fingers will heal (though not in time for hersden....) I did wonder if you had sent your bro down just to take me out for a split second because as soon as i was out of action - he gave up  :LolLolLolLol:

Seriously though - your brother will be a great addition to the OS family once he gets his own bike to ruin, must say i was impressed with his outlook - hadnt ridden a bike for 25 years and goes for it on the doubles first run.... ok he crashed and took the skin off his elbows, but he got up and had another go err and crashed....  :LolLolLolLol:  maybe it was that amazing brake of yours sam....

anyway i hope he is ok as i think he was feeling a little sore....  see if you can get the video up - i'd like to see what actually happened as i still dont really know...

as for Scott Vogel - Scott Weeks went to see him on monday night and he is doing nicely, still has some sight problems but the docs are confident in a couple of weeks he'll be fine.  I remember him well, he was a major star for Woodham Ferrers... im hoping his mum lets him out to play... (was spooky as Tony brought some pics down of you two and scotts mum was in the background of one watching.. just as she was on saturday....)

And mate you are welcome to lead the OS out of Braintree - i think ill stick to Daggers!

Tony 1-4

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2008, 05:59 PM »
5000 years to fill eh Sam. I'll be the one who is laughing once I've learnt how to post these incredibly embarrassing old school pictures of you when you were little!  :LolLolLolLol:. As far as the doubles at Braintree go, my little bruv will tell you I would have a go at jumping anything when I was 15. Thought I was a little older and wiser than to try that at my age. But it was like something out of a film. I got on an 80's bike and was transported immediately back to the 80's. The only problem was I wasn't the 80's weight! I took off, and was like the coyote in road runner. You know where he runs of the edge of the cliff at full pelt then stops, looks down and just disappears in a cloud of dust? Yep, that was me. Must say though, 18 stone of lard is better than body armour any day. Apart from the grazed arms, I came out unscathed both times. Will be looking out for some more meaty jumps at Hersden so look out! (especially you Sam, I have a little bone to pick with you. If you think Ratty was bad back in the day, You ain't seen nothin' yet)

nishiki14

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2008, 08:48 PM »
Bring it on bruv! :2gunsfiring_v1: :knuppel2: :tickedoff:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2008, 09:31 PM »
Now, now brother Sam, Tony's older than you so show some respect!!  Or he'll tell everyone how you got the nickname "Sam"  :shocked: Humps

Tony 1-4

« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Thanks for that Humps! By the way, I've got some cracking photos of your boys jumping the doubles at Braintree if you want them. I e-mail them to you if you like or I can post em on here.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2008, 09:57 PM »
Post any racing pics from the meeting up here Tony as they're always appreciated (especially ones of my boys playing up to the camera).  But please get that footage of your second spectacular stack up on here to prove it wasn't just ET that could make a bike fly!!   ;) Humps

eloopnai

« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2008, 10:51 PM »
spill the beans tell us why daniel is called sam tony  :daumenhoch:

i did ask him but he just replied theyve always called me sam  :D  :LolLolLolLol:

Tony 1-4

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2008, 09:36 AM »
Well you see it goes like this, when mummy was pregnant with the little sprog, if it was a girl, she was going to be called Samantha. ;D ;D ;D ;D. They liked the name Sam anyway so it just stuck. Why the hell they couldn't call him Sam instead of Daniel I don't know. That's just the kind of loopy parents we have I'm afraid.

I think Daniel was because my mum is a big Elton John fan.

I think my mum maybe wanted girls all along 'cos apparently when I was a baby she used to dress me in dresses and everyone looking in the pram used to say "aah, isn't she lovely" (couldn't let Sam take all the credit could I?)

Tony 1-4

« Reply #49 on: September 07, 2008, 09:58 AM »
Also, if that wasn't bad enough, my mum entered us in the easter bonnot parade at Redditch track around 1982/3. I have the phots to prove it! Sam looks so cute with ribbons and bows stuck to his lid! Funnily enough I haven't got any of me (though I'm sure now I've destroyed any street cred Sam had he will find some. ;D ;D ;D ;D

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend

gfxgfx
gfx gfx