gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 08:42 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend  (Read 4369 times)

thecrooch

More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend
« on: August 27, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Anyone fancy Braintree Summer Series this saturday??

mr.magoo

Re: More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 11:47 AM »
i do!!! don't think the wife will let me though :crazy2: may try some persuasion, but still wanna work on permission for daggers on the 7th, who knows, initial feeling will be no to both, cos she only originally agreed for me to ever race Hersden, so i've been pretty lucky so far.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 12:10 PM »
Hmmmmmm i shall have to see if the Mrs has any plans  :daumenhoch:

mr.magoo

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 12:24 PM »
can someone give me the post code, or club webb address, so i can get my facts for petrol cost etc before I see if its a possibility...Cheers, Neil

Pickle, be nice to meet you, if either of us get there.

thecrooch

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 01:01 PM »
i wont lie to you neil - itll be a trek for you....  bit like the Essex Contingent coming to Hersden....  Sam will no best as he lives near the track!

http://www.braintreebmx.co.uk/

mr.magoo

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 02:00 PM »
Cheers Crooch, from look of map quite close to Stansted, bout an hour and a half, more fuel costs???

we'll see what she says, have to be a good lad for a few days and do some cleaning around house :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 02:05 PM »
yep thats about right.... quickest way is up the M11 then onto the A120 - its a pretty direct route then about 10 mins from the Braintree turn off.

mr.magoo

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:20 PM »
Not sure, initial response was.....tank of petrol.....can't justify that.....then she asked my lad if he wanted to come with me if i go?....in the ballance??? women simple yes or no....still think its gonna be a no, fingers crossed.

mr.magoo

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 08:50 AM »
So far so good,has said yes, although i did have to scrub bathroom and kitchen yesterday, then after a couple of hours at the bay last night i then stayed up till 4AM polishing the Parkay flooring....took me 6 hours.....today tis front and back gardens..tomorrow both cars inside and out!!!!!

But still waiting for that lovely moment when a woman uses her perogative and changes her mind and says NO (sorry wrong subject forgot talking about BMX)

So all being well and good Cinderella will come to the Braintree ball.

Hopefully see you Saturday...hopefully have a little energy left. (great having a week off to relax!!!) 8)

thecrooch

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2008, 09:03 AM »
So far so good,has said yes, although i did have to scrub bathroom and kitchen yesterday, then after a couple of hours at the bay last night i then stayed up till 4AM polishing the Parkay flooring....took me 6 hours.....today tis front and back gardens..tomorrow both cars inside and out!!!!!

But still waiting for that lovely moment when a woman uses her perogative and changes her mind and says NO (sorry wrong subject forgot talking about BMX)

Hopefully see you Saturday...hopefully have a little energy left. (great having a week off to relax!!!) 8)

and all i get is 'when is my bike going to be ready so i can have a go.....'   :LolLolLolLol:

mr.magoo

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2008, 10:57 AM »
no, i keep trying that one, was hard enough to get the kids involved, especially after i took 'em to the bay last autumn.

mr.magoo

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 12:31 PM »
Braintree no go for me this week-end, spent too much money this week, and she wants a family day out on Saturday, cos i've gotta work Sunday (even though still on holiday!!!!) but trade off was allowing me to Daggers on the 7th. Lets hope i can keep that date free at work :knuppel2:

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Krieky Neil, I just tell the wife I'm going and say see ya.  :LolLolLolLol:

She's even said she'll come and race now as well.

hooga1975

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 03:57 PM »

Fook me, you done all that and she still said no, I think it is time to "smack ya bitch up" :LolLolLolLol:

I might be there Saturday, I am djing friday night and working saturday morning which is a really bad combination.  If I dont get too mashed friday night I will come after work, as Braintree is only down the road for me

mr.magoo

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 05:50 PM »
Guys, I hear what yer sayin!!!

Yes i'm under the thumb, but, this is the third wife, and if thats how it has to be, so be it.

Didn't say no, said do what yer want, in that no tone of voice!!!

Had a week off, spent so much time catching up with all the things i used to do before BMX haven't had time for family, so she wants a family day out saturday...fair enough.

One big factor....about four months ago i made some "men" promises to my wife

1. i will only race Hersden
2. i will not be competitive, only for fun
3. i will not let BMX take over my life

so you can see her point HMMMMMMM. But love her to bits, and given the deadly ultimatum....and the Hyper would be up for sale :smitten:

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 07:31 PM »
Can someone post up details of the event on Saturday please as it's listed as a "Fun Day" on their website and no-one's posted on their Forum.  Anyone in the know??  Times, etc. Where's Jools when you need him.  Humps

eloopnai

« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 08:17 PM »
local paper says it starts at 2pm with racing , bunny hop compettion and a dads race  :daumenhoch:

thecrooch

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 09:25 AM »
im aiming for getting there about 12.30......

You thinking of popping along humps?

thecrooch

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Guys, I hear what yer sayin!!!

Yes i'm under the thumb, but, this is the third wife, and if thats how it has to be, so be it.

Didn't say no, said do what yer want, in that no tone of voice!!!

Had a week off, spent so much time catching up with all the things i used to do before BMX haven't had time for family, so she wants a family day out saturday...fair enough.

One big factor....about four months ago i made some "men" promises to my wife

1. i will only race Hersden
2. i will not be competitive, only for fun
3. i will not let BMX take over my life

so you can see her point HMMMMMMM. But love her to bits, and given the deadly ultimatum....and the Hyper would be up for sale :smitten:

HAPPY WIFE - HAPPY LIFE!

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 09:36 AM »

Nothing else planned as yet so may well do.  Waiting for more details though from the Club.  You'd think they'd promote it a bit if they want peeps to turn up!!  Humps

thecrooch

« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 09:45 AM »

Nothing else planned as yet so may well do.  Waiting for more details though from the Club.  You'd think they'd promote it a bit if they want peeps to turn up!!  Humps

As far as i can tell its a fun day as its the end of their summer series - usual races alongside some jump comps, mums and dads races... usual promotional 'get the kids in' type of thing.... 

I've never raced Braintree and havent raced since MK so thought as nothing else was planned for this weekend ........ get a few of the old school down to show our support....   just backs up Sam's campaign to get EA back on the map for OS racing.   They normally only have one or two riders for OS and i know some of the guys who are doing the work over at woodham are popping over.

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2008, 09:18 PM »
Action it certainly was today but unfortunately we had two rather nasty stacks, one involving Crooch and the other Scott Vogel.  Crooch will no doubt give us an update but he certainly mashed two of his fingers up badly.  Scott Vogel went down HARD and was rendered unconscious for an unhealthy length of time.  He sustained a cut above his eye which may have been caused by his sunglasses.  He was stretchered off to hospital and was coherent at that time.  If anyone knows how he is please let us know on here.

Good to meet Sam's brother Tony Wonfor who put Sam's Robinson through it's paces.  Well, more stress tested it actually after stacking twice and it's just possible there's a video clip of his second stack to look at later courtesy of his mum - though she did throw the camcorder in the air emulating what Tony had just done with the Robbo  :D If that's Tony's style I hope I don't get him on the gate at Hersden!!  Humps

mr.magoo

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2008, 09:28 PM »
That doesn't sound too good, lets hope Crooch and Scott are both ok, thanks for info Alan.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Fingers crossed Crooch is ok for Hersden.  :LolLolLolLol:

thecrooch

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 01:59 AM »
Fingers crossed Crooch is ok for Hersden.  :LolLolLolLol:

would love to cross my fingers but they are all strapped together so thats wont be happening for a few weeks i would think.....  they had to cut the side of my nail off which was particularily un pleasant but im sitting here in a nicely doped up state (typing with one hand aint so bad)

cant see me doing hersden, hoping southern champs will be a possibility.

trashed my lid and kashi too....  :'( oh and have a nice crack in the knee of my leg armour so dont want to think what would have happened otherwise.... ???

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Events  |  Old School Series Racing  |  More East Anglia Action...... This Weekend

gfxgfx
gfx gfx