gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  WTF??? Alans screwed me out of an Group 1 RS2...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WTF??? Alans screwed me out of an Group 1 RS2...  (Read 2320 times)

shawn o

WTF??? Alans screwed me out of an Group 1 RS2...
« on: August 26, 2008, 05:21 PM »
I placed an order on Aug 11th for a Group 1 frame and fork. They replied the next day shipping would be $65 GBP, not the 20 stated on their site.

I replied the same day, no problem. They said they do their "security check" and send it out asap.

I called to check the status twice and told it was processing but that it went for "security check" on the 19th of August.

I called this AM (3am my time) to check again and was told it was still processing.

We, I just got an email and now am told it is sold out!!!!!!!!!!

They f***ing sold the bike I'd ordered over 2 weeks ago. At the time they had several in stock as well.

I already spent close to a $1000 USD getting the right parts for this bike. Group 1 race stem and bars, UKAI wheels (came from the UK w/i 3 days), Comp III tires, etc.... I'd had parts powdercoated to match as well and decals made for the bars.

WTF???????????????????????

sonic-1

Re: WTF??? Alans screwed me out of an Group 1 RS2...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 06:14 PM »
dam thats shitty  :( get in the forsale section n find yer self a nice race f+f from a radster

Offline crazycraig

• BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:04 PM »
BIGTIMEROB has one for sale NOS  PM him .He dont check his PM's everyday so be patient
« Last Edit: August 26, 2008, 08:10 PM by CRAZYPAVING »
Old School BMX only
Cash is King
Your not famous because you have a BMX so dont expect me to lick your arse for bits !!! I will leave that to the sheep
Jim'll fix it did loads for charity

chris miller

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 08:06 PM »
hi ya iv got a rs2 red white in restoreing at the moment got all the bits just missing decals.you said that you had some made up for your bars can thay do a full frame fork set in red white? thats bad news about alans

Paulo

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 08:39 PM »
That is really bad news. Too many times shops/stores show parts/bikes online as being in stock. I tried several stores before I got the bike I wanted, all showing them as in stock. Moral is don't trust them and double check. It's a shame there's not a lot that can be done.

Hopefully a radster will come up with the goods and all the parts you've bought will go to good use .

Good luck

P.

matt

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:02 PM »
ive just had a similar experience with alan, ordered some torker decals they took my money and fobbed me off for nearly 2 months, and guess what they didnt have the feckin decals, why people advertise stuff they havent got ill never know, but i do know he has lost my custom after 7 years of using him   :Aresehole:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 09:05 PM »
ive just had a similar experience with alan, ordered some torker decals they took my money and fobbed me off for nearly 2 months, and guess what they didnt have the feckin decals, why people advertise stuff they havent got ill never know, but i do know he has lost my custom after 7 years of using him   :Aresehole:

exactly the same as me..took the money and 9 weeks later they turned up ???

Offline Humps00

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 09:08 PM »
Interesting this one.  I asked a question through the website about the Group 1's the other day and am still awaiting a response.  I know Alan Wood's suffered a tragic bereavement recently but you'd think the shop would be ticking over without him, not falling to pieces!!  Humps 

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 09:12 PM »
Interesting this one.  I asked a question through the website about the Group 1's the other day and am still awaiting a response.  I know Alan Wood's suffered a tragic bereavement recently but you'd think the shop would be ticking over without him, not falling to pieces!!  Humps 
no excuse..i'm not being insensitive, but he runs a well established business..his shit be covered 24/7

his customer service is shit.

i asked him some fairly detailed stuff about robinsons...got told he was too busy and should email him

never got a response.

torker decals -  no response for 9 weeks.

left 2 messages and then gave up from no call backs.

..thought fook the 27 quid...then they showed up...too late.

downhill3375

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 09:14 PM »
yip he's a funny fooker when he wants to be  :-\

nishiki14

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 10:14 PM »
From personal experience, ive never had a problem with alans but I do have in my garage a Haro Group 1 RS2 in that belongs to a good friend of mine, it was NOS when he got it last year and he's rode it twice (red/black/chrome) and it was from alans too, give me a pm if your interested :daumenhoch:

bof

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 10:34 PM »
I have a brand new one in a box open to sensible offers , are you in the uk . cant tell you what colour it is as I havent opened the box  :)

shawn o

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 10:43 PM »
I'm in the USA but will cover shipping here via UPS. I've ordered loads of stuff from Biagio and buy alot of watercooled VW parts from over there all the time!

Let me know what color/year/model you got!

TonyDaButcher

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 10:44 PM »
Waited 3 weeks for a seat post only to be told it is now not available. No apology.

Very poor communications and customer service. I feel sorry for anyone that has staff like Alan has, must be frustrating for him as well.
Would only use again as a last resort.

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 10:51 PM »
well maybe i'm more kool than you lot ;D

i have spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds with alans and have never been let down EVER,

i mean that as well, for me best internet site going :daumenhoch:

For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 11:04 PM »
ok must admit none of my stuff has been old school :(
For powder coating drop me a pm

therock

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2008, 01:52 PM »
iv spent thousand with him over about 15 years and iv never had any problems with the shop. i do live a mile away though but have always thought hes a fukin cock . in the nicest possible way of course  :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2008, 02:08 PM »
I have a brand new one in a box open to sensible offers , are you in the uk . cant tell you what colour it is as I havent opened the box  :)

Bof get an adult to help you with a knife and open the box and find out what colour it is!!!  :idiot2:   :LolLolLolLol:

And he's in the US of A!!  ???

Offline double chevron

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2008, 02:09 PM »
Gutted for you, Shawn  :-\
But no doubt you'll find what you need on here.

And about Alans service, got absolutely nothing to say except he doesn't sell to french guys (check his ebay listings, same resuts when trying to order through the website), how nice!

moley

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2008, 02:12 PM »
Somebody will have what your after!!

And in the right colour scheme for your build!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2008, 02:23 PM »
well maybe i'm more kool than you lot ;D

i have spent hundreds and hundreds of pounds with alans and have never been let down EVER,

i mean that as well, for me best internet site going :daumenhoch:

yeah, but your a gangster mate..... :LolLolLolLol:

shawn o

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2008, 04:57 AM »
I found the frame and fork I wanted from a kind gent over there and Dom is helping me with shipping!

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

bof

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2008, 05:35 PM »
I found the frame and fork I wanted from a kind gent over there and Dom is helping me with shipping!

:daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

Coolio let me know if it all falls through mine is a blue black chrome one.  :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  WTF??? Alans screwed me out of an Group 1 RS2...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx