gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 28, 2024, 12:23 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Tonight at Bournemouth.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Tonight at Bournemouth.  (Read 989 times)

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
Tonight at Bournemouth.
« on: August 27, 2008, 09:07 PM »
My son has been racing in the summer series so as it was the last one tonight i decided to take one of my old school bikes for some gate practise.

I really want to race in the old school series next year so i'd better start getting fit. It was supposed to be this year but a few major injury's at Andover put paid to that.

So a few gates were done and i really enjoyed it apart from one where i tried to go on Amber and nearly went over the bars. :LolLolLolLol:

I never rode the track hard as i would be dead by the second corner, just rode sensibly but every time i came to a set of whoops or a jump my bottle went, i had major flashbacks to February this year. :( :( It's gonna take time to rebuild my confidence i think.

My son did all his motos finishing last, last and second from last  ::) Geoff reckons he is quicker than me though and then proceeded to tell every one there how crap i used to be back in the day. :2funny:  Cheers Geoff.

Biggest highlight of the night was meeting this man below, the one and only Tim March. He came down to watch and was all over my bike.

Managed to get a photo of it with him, reckons it was the only time someone ever took a photo of him with  a Sid Salisbury bike.

I was honoured to meet the guy as i never did back in the 80's, despite racing at some of the same meetings,  a true gent tonight and he had great chats with all the younger riders.

He also said he was going to sign up on Rad. :4_17_5:

Made the evening more than worth while meeting him.  The mozzies were a right pain though, millions of them.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

Evolution

Re: Tonight at Bournemouth.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 09:33 PM »
I popped up there tonight to show my 2 young boys the racing to see if my eldest facies having ago. I also fancy having ago myself as I have not ridden the track in 25 years   :shocked:

I did not realise that was Tim March, I attended a race school day he did years ago and makes you wonder where all the time has gone.

I also clocked your bike and it was certainly the best there  :daumenhoch:

May bump into at the track sometime, I will be the one trying to pluck up the courage to go flat out.

David.

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 09:37 PM »
I'm assuming by your username that was your white Evo in the car park. If it was, that is one fantastic machine. If it wasn't then my apologies David.  :LolLolLolLol:

Evolution

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 09:40 PM »
I'm assuming by your username that was your white Evo in the car park. If it was, that is one fantastic machine. If it wasn't then my apologies David.  :LolLolLolLol:

Yes , that was mine  :daumenhoch:

Not sure how I will get a bike in it though. :bondage: ;D

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 09:44 PM »
Superb, it was one of the first things my son spotted as we went back to the car to strip my body armour off and grab a drink.

08 plate aswell, swap it for an 84 Quadangle. :LolLolLolLol:

bof

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 09:50 PM »
Tims a very nice lad, I have had a few chats with him over the years, always very pleasent.

b45t4rd

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2008, 10:02 PM »
Nice pic Andy!
How times have changed for my old Quad,the riders get better all the time, me, you, then your lad, Tim. :LolLolLolLol:
Good to hear your on the track again :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2008, 10:11 PM »
Good to hear you're back on your bike a bit Andy & good pic of Tim  ;)

dialledbikes

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2008, 10:21 PM »
Andy you nutter.  You mash yourself up on a new school bike, so decide to ride something even sketchier!

Nice Quad though.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2008, 11:04 PM »
Good to hear you're back on your bike a bit Andy & good pic of Tim  ;)

Not like the usual one you mean  ;) ;D

DaleHolmes

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2008, 11:54 PM »
We love Tim!       :)

johhnyboyz

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2008, 12:51 AM »
NICE TO SEE YOU POST ON HERE TIM, and may i add you are looking very well  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2008, 07:15 AM »
Tim is a top bloke. Be good to see him on here :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

part time

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2008, 08:47 AM »
He looks like he's lost an arm in that picture!
Tim, will you be commentating on the Canberra MTB world cup this weekend?

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2008, 07:24 PM »
Andy you nutter.  You mash yourself up on a new school bike, so decide to ride something even sketchier!

Nice Quad though.

:LolLolLolLol: i know Mike, i thought the same when i first rode it and the front wheel wouldn't come down for me.  Well low on confidence though :-\  I wouldn't of hesitated at those jumps a few years ago, different story now though.

He looks like he's lost an arm in that picture!
Tim, will you be commentating on the Canberra MTB world cup this weekend?

I don't think Tim has joined yet to answer your question mate.

Nice pic Andy!
How times have changed for my old Quad,the riders get better all the time, me, you, then your lad, Tim. :LolLolLolLol:
Good to hear your on the track again :daumenhoch:

Cheers Paul, i'm stripping it yet again at the weekend, i'm gonna put those silver Sumo's you gave me on to it and remove the profiles.

Waiting on a few stickers from Del aswell for that finishing touch.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 09:09 PM by Southern Andy »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Tonight at Bournemouth.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx