gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 12:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Old school F&F for first build
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old school F&F for first build  (Read 804 times)

Evolution

Old school F&F for first build
« on: August 25, 2008, 10:40 PM »
I have been out of the BMX scene for nearly 25 years but for some reason I feel compelled to build myself an old school bike. Anything will be considered as I think this will be the first of many old school bikes I am going to build and keep. So let me know what you have got to offer  ;)

David.

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: Old school F&F for first build
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2008, 11:27 PM »
Stick this in the wanted section and it should get a result  :daumenhoch:

Evolution

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 12:15 AM »
Stick this in the wanted section and it should get a result  :daumenhoch:

It was in the wanted section but has been moved  ::)

Evolution

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 12:18 AM »

Welcome to the site, hope you have deep pockets  :LolLolLolLol:

Bru  :daumenhoch:

Thank you for the welcome, and as for pockets  :daumenhoch:

adeshere

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 11:04 PM »
get ready to become very friendly with your postman !!

Its like pringles, as soon as you have one you cant stop !

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 10:46 AM »
dude, go for the best one you can get as you gonna want to do another when its done so you may as well go for it first time round, as if you go lower end you will still pay a fortune on parts and as you move onwards and upwards it may become a bit of a regret buy. as for which one, what did you have back in the day? what did you want back in the day, build a bike that you want to build not what you think you should build, and don't rush it, youl get far more satisfaction lookin for the right parts at a good price than just chucking money at it, saying that, when the last couple of bits are neede thats when ya deep pockets will come in handy :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 12:38 PM »
I'd listen to Daz (OrgasmDonor) as his advice is sage!!  :daumenhoch:

I'm too impatient and always impulse buy!!   It costs me a small fortune!!

It all depends on whether your building for show or building to ride!!

If your building for show then find a ride that holds some significance to you.

I for instance would love a Falcon Pro Theta as its the only complete BMX I ever had from new.

Then I had a Cali F+F for about 10 days and a PK ripper F+F for less than 2 months before I got my dream F+F of a Quadangle.

The Quad I had for 2 years but I stopped riding it after 6 months due to a shift from BMX to computers, woman and cheap Cider from the Offy!!

So the Falcon Pro Theta holds a special place in my heart because its the bike I had longest and its a bike I longed for as my parents really had to save to afford to get me that bike for Crimbo (times were hard).

If you want to ride a BMX or do some OS Racing then you really need a BMX you can actually ride (especially if you race it).

So if your lanky you might need something with a longer TT.

Whatever you decide, this lads on this site will give you any advice you need!!  :daumenhoch:

steve Beech TA

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 02:58 PM »

You cant get better advice than the two above mate, i started with a TA my dream ride BITD, did not realise this site existed when i got it, found this site and every one has been cool :smitten:,  think i spend more time on here than talking to my wife at times, so watch out for that,  as i get some right bollo...ings, and no we aint got relationship probs :daumenhoch:

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2008, 03:57 PM »
Great advice from OD , think about what you'd really like to build & don't rush it !  ;) ( like he said the fun is in the finding ) .

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Old school F&F for first build

gfxgfx
gfx gfx