gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 03:27 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  because of this break! not for the squirmish!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: because of this break! not for the squirmish!  (Read 732 times)

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
because of this break! not for the squirmish!
« on: August 24, 2008, 09:02 AM »

its my brother in law. he moved down to newquey and decided to embark on a new (to him) sport, called bmxing. it was a freak soft landing accident when he hooked up on a whoops and stopped dead from 25mph, the bone is shattered and 2 months later has not started to knit together, it will be at least 12months before the cage can be removed, he is (was) a fireman, and will almost surely be pensioned off for this...
anyway, as a result his bike is up for grabbs, it was 2 months old up to the point of the accident and cost 700quid.
i havent a clue what the value is now, it will hit the ebay if no ones interested here...

any ideas on its value, or anyone interested, it does show some slight signs of wear, and the very soft grips could do with being replaced, as its been in a shed unused for 2 months there is some surface rust on the nuts and bolts, but that has probably been accelerated due to being in a salty seaside climate... :daumenhoch:
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: because of this break! not for the squirmish!
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 10:53 AM »
there on the 24/seven website 620 brand new,so if it's 2 years old i bet he'll lose at least 300 quid off it

there was one that's  just gone for 400 on southerndownhill.com that was better specced.

so about 3-400

edit:just re-read it you said 2 months.DOH

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 02:31 PM »
so should it be worth 500ish then ???

Offline priv

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 03:22 PM »
Yeah

if he advertises it on southerndownhill.com or singletraction.com he should get a buyer straight away

lodge

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Gutted for your brother in law, i think its fair to say that his situation is everyone on here's worst nightmare, hope he gets well soon.

He shouldn't have any trouble selling the bike as even the older slackers make around 400 on the bay and that is a brand new spec one.

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Yeah

if he advertises it on southerndownhill.com or singletraction.com he should get a buyer straight away

thanks for your advice, very much appreciated as i have never heard of them sites :daumenhoch:, gona give them a try before ebay as i have brought it back with me from cornwall, shame really, but its just not my bag, other wise i would keep it, you know, just for the collection :D

Offline Flatcap

• Flip-Whip
  • No thank you, Turkish; I'm sweet enough!
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2008, 10:40 AM »
A very good friend of mine smashed his fib and tib in a motorcycle accident in Kos, he was told all sorts about what he would and wouldn't be able to do but he's a very determined lad. He had a similar cage on to your bro. So, with the right amount of physio and work on certain muscles around the area to make it stronger he may not have to give up his job. My mate still to this day plays rugby and he's a builder so he does a fairly physical job. I'm sure if he can still play rugby then all is not lost mate.

Daz.  :daumenhoch:
Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cnut... ME!

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  because of this break! not for the squirmish!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx