gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 09:22 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shanaze Reade
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Shanaze Reade  (Read 681 times)

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
Shanaze Reade
« on: August 22, 2008, 05:46 PM »
what a fooking shame , watched it this morning , she was flying and on the last corner clipped the leaders wheel , better luck next time

Damon

Re: Shanaze Reade
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 05:52 PM »
She was over confident in the semi's ignoring coaches advice to not try and take the whole three in approach to first berm and lost the bike because of it.  She has such a start she didn't need to do it.

Lost the final by riding too high in first berm.  Without either of those she would have the Gold.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 08:06 AM by Damon »

Offline generallee

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 05:59 PM »
Real shame . Though that gorgeous New Zealander Sarah Walker made it all worth watching!

WizardWeb

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 06:35 PM »
Yeah she made a hash it in some ways and going into the turn at that angle was never going to miss the french bird, but to be fair, loads of people semed to be having trouble with those tarmac berms. Slipping out all over the place...

Bushwacked

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 06:57 PM »
Damn shame - but she is a proper warrior - just falls and gets back on and keeps going.

I loved the interview she did afterwards - saying "Yeah I think I've busted my hand" - just loved the fact she carried on with the interview rather than seeing the docs!!!  :4_17_5:

Offline jimmyp

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Yeah she made a hash it in some ways and going into the turn at that angle was never going to miss the french bird, but to be fair, loads of people semed to be having trouble with those tarmac berms. Slipping out all over the place...

Yeah, why have they gone with the tarmac burns on the modern track, never in my day :LolLolLolLol:

Have lost it myself on the tarmac  :knuppel2:, just not enough grip and if you get a couple of stones under the tyre forget it, your off. Make's it more difficult to overtake me thinks :-\

Felt gutted for the girl though, just not had any luck all week. I think the expectation has got to her a little bit, hope she carries on though  :)

nhoj

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 07:21 PM »
I was just going to say, 'I don't remember tarmac burns BITD'

Is this the latest thing for all new tracks? :-\

b45t4rd

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2008, 07:32 PM »
She was over confident in the semi's ignoring coaches advice to not try and take the whole three in approach to first burn and lost the bike because of it.  She has such a start she didn't need to do it.

Lost the final by riding too high in first burn.  Without either of those she would have the Gold.
Not really clued up on this, but who is her coach & what has he won?

Did D Holmes have a coach in 96 telling him to take the inside line on Stumpy at the final corner?

She's a young girl who's just learned a very hard lesson, but as a racer she will store all she has learned and kick some serious ass in the future :2gunsfiring_v1:
Shanaze seems to have a very focused winning mentality, good on her. :Great_Britain:

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2008, 07:42 PM »
Sarah Walker did have a very cute smile  :smitten:

Shanaze was very fast in the third moto -  faster than the winning race too = it was a shame but her time will come - she's still world champion - well done to her for getting there in the first place  :4_17_5:

Lil Gashead

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2008, 08:02 PM »
she did well on everything apart from the berms! :'(

well at least she was riding a redline!! :LolLolLolLol:

cheeeeeeeeers

ollie

Sean 2000

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2008, 08:06 PM »
"Tarmac Burns"

It can get hot yes!  ;D

moley

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2008, 09:13 PM »
In the final after all the trouble with that 1st berm and the quadruple (Step up/step down) at the end of the 1st straight, I think she took the berm too cautiously!!

That left the door open for the french lass!!

It looked like she gained on her by the end of the 2nd and then took another wide line on that berm.

She was definitely faster than her on the straights but just didn't seem to take the fastest line in the corners.

Its good to see with all these grown men crying when they missed out on a medal that Shanaze with her broken hand and bleeding from her other arm and other countless scrapes and cuts didn't whine and whinge and blubber in front of the cameras.

She'll be back to kicking ass in no time!!

It was good to see some good ol' grit and determination.  Proper Old School values not like this namby pamby Chav generation!!!  :daumenhoch:

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2008, 09:27 PM »
In the final after all the trouble with that 1st berm and the quadruple (Step up/step down) at the end of the 1st straight, I think she took the berm too cautiously!!

That left the door open for the french lass!!

It looked like she gained on her by the end of the 2nd and then took another wide line on that berm.

She was definitely faster than her on the straights but just didn't seem to take the fastest line in the corners.

Its good to see with all these grown men crying when they missed out on a medal that Shanaze with her broken hand and bleeding from her other arm and other countless scrapes and cuts didn't whine and whinge and blubber in front of the cameras.

She'll be back to kicking ass in no time!!

It was good to see some good ol' grit and determination.  Proper Old School values not like this namby pamby Chav generation!!!  :daumenhoch:

here , here , like a rocket she was

magna13

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2008, 11:11 PM »
Got to agree with everyone here. it was a terrible shame, but she ploughed on and never gave up, which is the best. she is a ture bmx-er but i hope she just wins it in London 2012 and show A-C-C that shes back and is capable to win Gold in the Olympics.

Well Done Shanaze, It Must Be Gutting But Dont Let It Get To You, Just Beat ACC Next Year And You'll Be Safe.

P.s. Sarah Walker Did Make It Good To Watch  ;)

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2008, 11:20 PM »
everyones missing the point, that girl went out to win gold end off,

she wasn't settling for silver and you can

see that in her riding, i'm very proud of the girl and so was the guys who

work for me, theyve never seen this before but followed her all the way,

even they said it was gold in her eyes,   she will learn from this,

she has a fan in me now and most who have never heard of Shanaze :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2008, 11:40 PM »
In all the years I have watche Shinny race I have never known her crash twice never mind 3 times!

She went all out and made the move, it didnt work but thats BMX,

she did all she could but it wasnt to be this time for whatever reason

BUT be sure of this, the public saw her performance and the way she battled on and will remember that always

she has a great future ahead of her and I wish her all the best of British  :Great_Britain:

I am proud of you Shin

:) DINGO :)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Shanaze Reade

gfxgfx
gfx gfx