gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 11:44 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  2007 Ripper drivetrain prob
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: 2007 Ripper drivetrain prob  (Read 453 times)

S1

2007 Ripper drivetrain prob
« on: August 06, 2008, 06:44 PM »
Not exactly old school I know but need help anyway!!

Bout 2 months ago I bought a new 2007 retro- Ripper f&f and fitted it with mainly SE modern-day parts. The wheels are new plastic hub tuffs, the cranks are twin-pinch flites fitted with a crupi single peice chanring. Problem I have is that the rear chainwheel does not line up with the front chainring, to the point that it jumps off the rear chainwheel. The reason it doesn't line up is that to get the crank to clear the chainstay I have had to use one of the spacers supplied with the flites, fitted behind the arm. This brings the chainweel right out of alignment. I tried fitting the spacer between the chainwheel and the crank arm, I made a spacer that fits between the cw and the arm to take up the space where it is bolted to the crank. This worked but the problem is over time I reckon its gonna pull the bolt out of the arm, wrecking the crank arm in the process.

Hope I've explained it OK, any ideas?

Offline se-bmxer

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: 2007 Ripper drivetrain prob
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 09:12 PM »
sounds correct apart from putting the spacer between the chainring and arm.

pictures would help especially one showing the frame alignment and one of the crank area. also the spacer that goes between
the chainring and BB must be the shortest so that the chainring just clears the frame that goes for the crank arm bolt too

Also what BB are you using with the Flites ?

pictures  :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 09:15 PM by SE-Bmxer »

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 09:42 PM »
might sound daft but have you got the right chain for the freewheel and chainwheel?

S1

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 10:03 PM »
Chain is correct. I eventually gave up on the flights and took the Odyssey Excalibur OPC from my Haro Gp1 RS1 and fitted that. Then went to put a Tioga Max-flo OPC in the Haro and found the BB bearing setup differs from the norm so chucked the flights in there instead, they fit perfectly, chainwheel and freewhell line up and the crank is nowhere near clouting the frame. Now I just need to sort a BB set for the Tioga  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  2007 Ripper drivetrain prob

gfxgfx
gfx gfx